“Lovely”
Review of Les Fenetres - CLOSED

Les Fenetres
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Sitting in the garden is just lovely.. i recommend the scnitzer escaloppe (excuse my german wrong spelling). Cant have that anywhere else. The ambiance is quiet, the service is fast relatively to how crounded the place is..

1 Thank rami l

Beirut
“Getting to be a habit....”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Yet another delightful evening at Les Fenetres, seems to be our favourite place since it first opened. The food as always was delicious, high quality,fresh and beautifully presented.The steak, delicious,grass fed beef no less, and the variety of deserts on offer was truly tantalizing! Service was attentive and the whole atmosphere just so inviting that it's hard to leave, even after lingering with a second espresso! The music is sophisticated, velvety, romantic and happy by turns, and in no way at all intrusive, a charming extra. As usual we had a super time, and the cost so very reasonable as to definitely award this restaurant a " highly recommended" accolade!!! See you again... soon!

1 Thank Skinnybeans
“European flair in Beirut!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This restaurant is quickly becoming one of my favorites in Beirut! I have been to Les Fenetres on numerous occasions and it is after my most recent visit that I decided I simply had to share my opinion on Trip Advisor.
The decoration and general ambiance exudes a relaxed charm that is often not managed at other places. Traditional and familiar in look, yet vibrant in feel.
There is an air of happiness that I cannot put my finger on. The menu selection is classic and extremely well executed. The produce is of excellent quality. I have had the Moules Frites, which were available as specials on the weekends. The Moules are the larger ones, slightly sweet with a delicious cream mariniere sauce. Even the fries were perfectly crisp and salted with a home-made flavour to them. I have also had the Steak Frites, which was an exceptional grass-fed black angus. The Nicoise Salad, although a simple meal, is set apart from the competition's. The Crevettes au Curry.....thumbs up! Brunch was fun there as we were a big group and we sat in the open air charming back garden. It felt like we were not in Beirut, but somewhere south of France! I recall the Full English Breakfast was exactly what I have had in London at one of the hotel's I stay at. The Fish and Chips was very good quality and worthy of any of the top restaurants in London. The desserts are delicious: the classic iles flottantes and the crème caramel a must.
Regarding the bill, It is very reasonable considering the quality and flavor, very affordable compared to the few good restaurants in town that manage to serve similar dishes. At Les Fenetres my bill ended up about 50 percent less. Les Fenetres is a must, definitely recommend!

2 Thank Aquacarpet
Beirut, Lebanon
“Glad I found this place”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I haven't written a local review in a while because of my disappointment with the declining food quality and service in Lebanon. It was a relief to find a place whose service and food quality exceeded my expectations. French cuisine with with a good variety. Had Moules Marinière and Steak et Frites which were both reich in flavour and quality. I passed on the Oysters because I felt were a bit pricey, but everything else on the menu was reasonably priced. I would certainly recommend this venue for its food, good service and overall atmosphere. When the weather gets better I will be looking forward to dinning in their cosy garden.

1 Thank jooj123
Dubai
“Every town hides a secret, and Beirut’s “Les Fenetres” restaurant is no exception.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I caught a glimpse of the 3 traditional Ottoman windows from the bustling Mar Mikhael Street below. Climbing the steps into the open garden terrace gives one the feeling of walking back in time and into Lebanon’s 1920s high life. It’s a Brasserie of sorts but with Levantine eloquence, framed within an effortlessly crafted interior. As for the food, well it’s well thought out offering upmarket fare with a focus on fine dining European classics. It won’t suit everybody’s budget, but with a generous serving of succulent fresh oysters alongside aromatic garlic escargot accompanied by the finest French and Lebanese vintages and that’s just for starters, you know that you’re experiencing something quite unique from the word go.
I ordered the Veal Schnitzel and it's as good as it gets: delicately breaded, with a buttery-soft flavor, paired with crisp French Fries and a yet another all star Red.
The glory came in the shape of one of the most decadent cuts available anywhere in town, ordered by my friend and happily shared by myself: a hefty Cote de Boeuf. Make no mistake, it’s certainly not for the faint of heart: richly seasoned with black pepper and some serious salts, a treat for the hungry and scourge for vegetarians, it brings new meaning to indulgent carnivorous cravings. The final touch, a Soufflé au Chocolat oozing with the comfort of baked bliss, all while being light and airy, concluded our meal and a very memorable catch up with a dear friend from over 25+ years. The experience at Les Fenetres almost made me wish this quaintly chique locale could be my permanent residence. The effort on the interior, atmosphere and food offering is positively noted and lingers on in the shape of an intimately elated smile as I find myself making my way back to Dubai.

• Visited November 2013