“Finally a Star Chef and Spanish Restaurant in Lebanon!”
Review of Copla - CLOSED

Copla
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Since Copla has opened a few months ago, I have visited it at least 4 times. The atmosphere is really nice, with the minimalist setting. The staff is really friendly, yet professional, providing very useful tips regarding the menu and selection of food. Copla is ideal to visit during lunch time as it is surrounded by many offices. During night time, the setting is also very trendy, and the terrace is perfect in the middle of the city. Most importantly the food is exquisite. The menu developed by star chef Dani Garcia, is simply amazing. The tapas selection is very rich and diverse, suggesting the most famous spanish dishes prepared in a fusioned way. Must tries include teh foxtail mini burgers, the goat cheese and tomatoe, as well as the crab and avocado roll. The raw selection also very interesting, especially for the tuna. I have tried most of the main courses, they are all full of taste especially the dishes with meat (lamb - and I usually don't appreciate lamb- and beef). The deserts are good. Although the wine list is average, the sangria is a must try. The only negative point is that the restaurant should start getting more crowded, as the last two times I have been there it was quite empty. Overall, it is an excellent restaurant, with amzing quality of food. Very highly recommended.

3  Thank Gugablah

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I visited thid restaurant by chance, and found a great place that I didn't know about. What I loved about it is the focus on the food, you don't get distracted by the music, the design or anything else, again its all about the food

Reviewed July 19, 2013

we went to copla for our girls night out and we really enjoyed it . We had pitchers of sangria which was absolutely delicious. We ordered lots of tapas to share so we got to sample most of the menu . we sat on the terrace which was very pleasant and beautifully designed . Service was discrete and fast. Highly recommend it !

1  Thank R_Trot_Theglobe
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We fell upon this place by coincidence last Friday night. When we were seated, we were given some bread with olive oil and olives which was nice. The Sangria was excellent and BIG. We ordered smoked salmon tartar, patatas bravas and oxtail mini burgers. We loved them all. The staff was also very nice. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I are into trying different places to eat, different meals, and different atmospheres. Copla was more than I would have hoped for, great food, exceptional service, very nice atmosphere. This place is top notch for not a lot of money taking into consideration the high end location.