“One the Best Food Experience”
Review of La Petite Maison

La Petite Maison
Ranked #64 of 935 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Petite Maison is a French Mediterranean restaurant set in a casual chic atmosphere. The menu features classic Nicoise cuisine with a modern twist, creating light, healthy and deliciously palatable dishes with the very best fresh raw materials. Sharing dishes are prepared a la minute, served in the middle of the table, and served as of when ready to maximize the culinary experience
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We went there for my wife's birthday but we were very positively surprised by the service and especially the food quality! just Waw!
Everything we had was just delicious, the wine that they suggested for us by the sommelier was a perfect fit for the dishes. Even their "Entrecôte" was one of the best I have eaten anywhere in the world, the Sea Bass was also just perfect.
The bill is quite "heavy" at the end, but you pay it with a smile on your face especially after enjoying such an amazing culinary experience.
Highly recommended place, certainly the best for a special occasion and thank you for just being here in Beirut.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Last day of my christmas vacation, we decided to go out as a family to La Petite Maison. Frankly, I never heard about it; but my sister insisted it's one of the best restaurants out there. Apparently, there are multiple other branches in France, London, and Dubai.
She was right. Very nice setup and a menu fitting for a fine dining restaurant. A lovely thing that I haven't seen before was the presence of tomatoes and lemon on the table accompanied by a knife: A nice change from the butter and bread offered at most restaurants.
Staff is very well trained, attentive and professional.

We ordered multiple items on the menu so that we could share. Among the entrées, I loved the Marinated Beetroot, the goat cheese salad and Carpaccio of scallops. Great seasoning. The Warm prawns with olive oil and foie gras were pretty good, but nothing really special.
As for the main course items, the pumpkin risotto with mushrooms, rigatoni with mushrooms, and gnocchi with cherry tomato garlic and parmesan hit home. Didn't fall in love with the whole sea bream baked on papillote with lemon, herbs and olive oil or the entrecôte.
The dessert items were delicious and included the french toast with spiced ice cream (my favorite), thin crust apple tart, and warm chocolate mousse.
With the quality of the dishes, one can expect them to be expensive. But even for fine dining cuisine, they were a bit overpriced, specially considering the small portions.
All in all, I had a great experience and the food and ambiance were definitely memorable.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

been here 2 times for dinner. both times i wasnt impressed really. the place never had more than a few tables of guests, who were well dressed. one night we counted out of 8 tables, 6 were celebrating birthdays! so I guess its a birthday treat restaurant. judging by the huge bill its obvious why! the Seabass was delicious but over priced. I've had it at an equally elegant restaurant in MarMkhyel for half the price. the salads were fun and creative. the pasta was a disastor that tasted of cheap stock cubes. My main irritation with this place is the prce that does not relate at all to the place or food quality. i would recomend LPM in Dubai, not so much the Beirut one. I am not against going back but there are better restaurants in town.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been to LPM in Dubai and am a regular at their London branch. Was put off trying the Beirut branch because it seemed to be THE place EVERYONE had to go to.... A bit too "fashionable" for my liking! Also ppl said its a $250 per person dinner, which made me think that was rather excessive for a restaurant/brasserie type of outlet. Once the hype died down I went for dinner.
The location in the Vendome Intercon is chic! The interior of the place is elegant with dim cosy lighting.
The service lacked a bit if the Frenchy feel but was satisfactory.
Bread selection was good and menu choices interesting.
I ordered the crab and lobster salad to start. It was one fork-full of food... At 50,000LL! It was no Michelin starred creation... No understandable reason for the ridiculous price. For seconds I had the gnocchi. Tasted like boiled frozen gnocchi with tinned tomatoes. So bad I didn't have more than 2 bites. Ordered a pasta dish instead. Honestly cant remember what pasta it was but remember it was good enough to eat. Had a good bottle of wine (they have a nice selection) with the meal. Dessert was fine.
The quality of food versus the price is crazy. Yes, we had expensive wine but that doesn't explain the bill! I've eaten far better meals at LPM in London for much less.
I've had far better meals in old and new places in Beirut for half the price.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had dinner at ' la petite maison' Beirut on Saturday 16 November ... Definitely will not go back again...Place deco was ok ...the food taste and portions less than average for the respective prices.
Overall experience was negative.

4  Thank Sweetaway