“A bit of Paris in Beirut”

Metropole Brasserie
Ranked #54 of 869 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014

When sitting at Metropole, I really feel like I closed my eyes for one second...and landed in the heart of Paris.

A truly stereotypical French brasserie; Metropole is perfectly situated (although there isin't much of a view) it is quite and nonetheless a nice sight of the downtown area.

The service is really good and mostly friendly (as friendly as the French can get ;p). And the setting is very elegant without being pretentious.

The menu is quite extensive and really well executed! My only concern is that it is overly expensive for a "brasserie". You would never pay those prices in Paris. Were it not for that, I would be there on a bi-weekly basis.

It is a great place for family, friends, romantic diners, or a nice afternoon tea/coffee and dessert.

When the weather permits, I would highly recommend sitting outside.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was introduced to the place by a friend because they serve flourless cakes. Then i moved to tea time, then dessert and dinner. The food is extremely delicious, lovely dessert. service is really nice and friendly. The location is nice and if you sit outside in the nice weather you feel like in Paris Champs Elyssee. a must try :)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The food and its presentation were amazing, excellent service and ambiance..I highly recommend this french bistro

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Service was very good. We dined on the sidewalk and the ambience was terrific. Food was good, not by any means great. For Americans used to other cities in Middle East, Beirut restaurant prices are very high and this fit the pattern...seafood, which you would expect to be reasonable in a seaside city, is especially high. The crowd was interesting...rich youngish Lebanese arriving in their Ferrari, BMW, Audi, and even a Bentley and mostly speaking French.

1  Thank rollatravellers
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My first service was horrible! they served me melted ice cream and the staff were not... or simply we couldn't call them waiters! I came back when I knew that they fired the old team for a new one.

the service is good. the staff is now pro and friendly. the place all in all is very good, clean and descent. mainly the seating outside is very appealing and chilled. I have tried so many times different dishes, pasta, burger, steak... the food is clean and descent but it is not the best thing you eat. it should have more taste; for now it is OK. I keep on coming back for the good service and ambiance but mainly for coffee, drink, desert..