“Pleasant evening”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Service was very good. We dined on the sidewalk and the ambience was terrific. Food was good, not by any means great. For Americans used to other cities in Middle East, Beirut restaurant prices are very high and this fit the pattern...seafood, which you would expect to be reasonable in a seaside city, is especially high. The crowd was interesting...rich youngish Lebanese arriving in their Ferrari, BMW, Audi, and even a Bentley and mostly speaking French.

1  Thank rollatravellers

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My first service was horrible! they served me melted ice cream and the staff were not... or simply we couldn't call them waiters! I came back when I knew that they fired the old team for a new one.

the service is good. the staff is now pro and friendly. the place all in all is very good, clean and descent. mainly the seating outside is very appealing and chilled. I have tried so many times different dishes, pasta, burger, steak... the food is clean and descent but it is not the best thing you eat. it should have more taste; for now it is OK. I keep on coming back for the good service and ambiance but mainly for coffee, drink, desert..

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have to say I was shocked to see this place! it is the exact copy in decoration and design as a very well known brasserie that exists in New York and London called balthazar. the menu was not the same instead it had lots of different international type dishes. the service was very good. the waiters always running around making sure that every table was being served. I was there for a week day lunch and sat outside because there was noone sitting inside and it would have been a bit akward in my opinion. the food was all ok. but I would highly recomend the chocolate cake for dessert. very chocolatey and rich. I would go back but maybe more so for a coffee than for lunch.

1  Thank Marianne E
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had a meal at this place and everything was right
Food quality was excellent, and service was friendly and prompt.
I hope this level of quality is maintained.

1  Thank Maan A
Reviewed October 16, 2013

a nice and big brasserie in very central street of Beirut. very gentle staff, and a big choice of items in the menu, very tasty food, quiet ambiance. good for business lunch or families. for wine connaisseurs, there's a pretty good wine list as well