“'Taste Lebanon' like never before” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste Lebanon - Private Day Tours

Taste Lebanon - Private Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Beirut
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our daily boutique tours and discover a hidden side to the country’s cuisine, delving deep into its history and its culture. Catering to each individual’s appetite, you’ll see places even locals might not know - let alone the guidebooks. It’s been said that food is the best expression of a nation’s heritage and nowhere is this more true than in Lebanon.
London, United Kingdom
“'Taste Lebanon' like never before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having never been to Lebanon before, my time with Bethany Kehdy was an eye-opening experience.

Thanks to her desire to show the real Lebanon, its people and its food, I discovered a new land of hope and delicatesse, where spices and smells fill the warm air.

True to her roots, Bethany's wish to accommodate everyone meant the tour was tailored to fit our curiosity and needs!

In short, this is a truly impressive tour, packed with history of the region and its culinary culture, encounters with unforgettable locals and long-lasting friendships.

Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Taste Lebanon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I traveled to Lebanon in the spring of 2011, because I was impressed with the food and meze in Turkey in 2010. A Lebanese friend suggested if I liked Turkish cuisine, I should taste Lebanon. He guaranteed me I'd be more impressed with the food in Beirut. Everywhere the French rued the food is just a little better and the France ruled Lebanon for over 20 years. Googling "Taste Lebanon" I found Bethany Kehdy's tour. Just a lucky Google, I guess. Her tour was very reasonably priced, so I friended her on Facebook, we chatted and then I booked the tour. SO GLAD I DID.

It wasn't just the food in Beirut, it was the food all over Lebanon that continued to surprise me. Like the fresh scallop in Batroun; the white fish in Byblos in some heavenly sauce, the barbeque at the picnic on the Litani River in higher Galilee and the wine at the wineries in the Beqaa Valley.

Bethany took us to the most impressive Roman ruins at Baalbek that I have even seen in my life. And there were ancient ruins everywhere in Lebanon particularly Beirut. And Greek and Phoenician ruins too. Check out the Beirut National Museum and the Sursock Museum while you are there.

I highly recommend Taste Lebanon's tour. I'm andrew.smith.3538 on Facebook to see my photos of Lebanon.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An amazing place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

You could learn about lebanese food by visiting a local Lebanese restaurant, but going to Lebanon and experiencing the people, the culture and seeing how they grow, make and appreciate food has been an experience that I'll never forget.

Bethany was born in Lebanon and knows all the best places there. Some of the places she showed me were hidden - I would never have visited them if I had gone to Lebanon by myself. Her knowledge on the Lebanese culture, their way of life, how they grow and appreciate food is top notch.

Speaking of culture surrounding food, the lebanese people really do appreciate it. Plus because Lebanon is a small, young country, that is home to a mix of people; there are hubs of cultures around Lebanon. Sometimes these cultures are very distinct and sometimes they meet - like in a market square where food from various groups is sold.

Please see http://www.getmecooking.com/article/review-of-taste-lebanon-a-culinary-journey-across-lebanon for my full review.

The holiday didn't ever feel like a ‘tour’, but more of a holiday with a friend; who knew the area very well, with large quantities of food that were being offered each day!

In short, I would highly recommend this holiday to anyone who is interested in food, Lebanese culture or just wants an out of the ordinary holiday destination.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank TechboyUK
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Culinary delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

'We've just come back from our first ever visit to Lebanon & WOW, what a joy it was! We cannot thank Bethany Kehdy enough for her inspiration in putting together the experience of the Private Day tour, where you get to visit many sights in Beirut and enjoy lots of culinary delights this amazing country has to offer! It was such a fun and friendly occasion, full of many interesting facts about the countries history and their way of life. Every consideration is given to you having a very memorable and enjoyable day.

1 Thank chatteris11
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lebanon was my first visit to the Middle East & left me with so many lovely memories. Bethany Kehdy is an amazing guide and has created a wonderful tour which explores this beautiful country, its friendly & hospitable people, traditions & food. I fell in love with Lebanon instantly and have already returned since. Taste Lebanon was truly an unforgettable experience.

1 Thank Sarka B