“Amazing hotel right in the middle of gemazeh”
Review of Saifi Suites

Saifi Suites
Ranked #20 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I absolutely loved this amazing retro design hotel, the decor from the foyer to the bar and the restaurant and the rooms is just amazing, and makes for a very pleasant luxurious stay. I have to commend the designer to make something so classy and yet modern and vibrant.

The rooms are incredibly spacious and well designed, clean sleek lines, well placed mirrors, nice balconies, spacious seating area, and amazing bathrooms with rain showers.

Their service was great and incredibly professional, the area is perfect for the bars and restaurants. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, nice modern hotel in Saifi, Beirut. Originally set up as a self catered apartment, each room has a very small kitchen block. View was not great, but typically Beirut, a modern apartment next to old world dilapidated building.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MichaelS081063
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Actually, during in my stay at Saifi Suites last month which was my first time I had only one complaint related to the Room Service team, because I ask three times during my stay to send somebody to check the problem of AC but unfortunately there was no response.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Varant74
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had the pleasure to stay 5 night in this suites.
My suite was very big, everything looks new and incredible.
At the ground floor is located a good restaurant and a wine bar with live music.
The location is very close to Uruguay street and Gemmayze area.
The price is very affordable compared with the high standard service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Modern unique decor, excellent service, spacious rooms with balcony. Lots of storage space and a dressing table. Good breakfast. Perfect location, walking distance to the centre of town. Fast and very good wi-fi. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: December 2013
SAIFISuites_Feedback, Guest Relations Manager at Saifi Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thanking for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor in regards to your stay at SAIFI Suites.
we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and benefited from our facilities and our strategic location was convenient to you.
we are certainly looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

During my trip to Lebanon I stayed in Saifi Suites twice (so attached are the photos of two different rooms). And I will definitely stay here again when I’m back to Beirut; Saifi was perfect for all my needs.

LOCATION

Location couldn’t be better, no matter if you are in town for sightseeing, nightlife or merely nice pastime. It’s located in the quiet Saifi Village in the city centre, not far from Gemmayzeh with its restaurants, clubs and boutique shops, which were steps away, in an easy walking distance.

The hotel neighborhood, despite lacking some appeal because of the gas station and construction sites right next to it, was totally safe to walk around day and night.

Saifi stands in the narrow street, and there isn’t much space to park in front of it. But my impression was there was a valet parking for the guests.

I loved the idea of the library arranged near the reception area – it was nice for a short wait.

ROOM

Both suites I stayed in were wonderful: functional and comfortable, with somewhat screaming modern design. The bed was large, and the sleep was just perfect, however soundproof from inside the hotel could have been improved.

Having an in-room kitchenette was very handy; I enjoyed the possibility to make tea and coffee, supplied complimentary, in my room. Bathroom was very nice and clean, with large area around the sink, fine selection of toiletries and enough towels.

Both suites had balconies overlooking the city centre, with the port and the sea in the distance. Lots of greenery in the balconies added some privacy. However, sitting out wasn’t nice because of the construction right in front of the hotel. However, on the top floor and with the balcony door kept closed, the noise wasn’t disturbing.

Free WiFi had good signal – I had no problem using Skype or watching movies on-line.

BREAKFAST AND RESTAURANT

Buffet breakfast was the biggest drawback – not diversified and boringly repetitive. The only nice thing: espresso from the bar was at no extra fee, and it was delicious.

The restaurant on the ground floor was lovely: impeccable service, delicious meals and fine atmosphere. But its outdoor sitting (also a smoking area) was right on the narrow street, so I didn’t find it too comfortable with arriving cars and guests driving/walking by that close. Credit cards were accepted.

SERVICE

I read a lot on how unfriendly staff in Lebanon can sometimes be and didn’t expect much from the service. But everyone I interacted with was most accommodating. Reception stuff arranged for my luggage to be kept while I was travelling outside Beirut for a few days, perfectly safe and at no extra cost. Room cleaning was excellent.

RECOMMENDED

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone seeking comfortable stay in the centre of Beirut at a reasonable cost and not too picky about having a pool and a nice diverse breakfast.

Room Tip: Book the higher you can, to escape construction noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cora_v

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the time taken to post such a positive feedback. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that we have fulfilled all your expectations in our effort to bring you a memorable stay. We are very proud to have received your impressions and we sincerely appreciate your excellent recommendation.
We certainly look forward to welcome you again at SAIFI Suites.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was supposed to stay anything between a few days up to a month in this hotel until my employer got me an apartment. My employer was going to pay for the hotel also, that was clearly stated when the room was booked, again through my employer. We were off to a bad start when, at my arrival, the receptionist asked for my credit card for what I thought would be the traditional pre-auth. Wrong! She just charged 4.000 U$ (one month stay) to my credit card which I found out the next day. After many phone calls from my office and heated discussions with accounting and other departments of SAIFI I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and I wasn’t going to get my 4.000 U$ back so I settled internally with my employer.
To add insult to injury after more then a week one morning at the breakfast table the girl from the reception came to tell my wife and me that in fact they made another mistake and the breakfast wasn’t included in the room and if I would cough up the extra charge for the breakfast or decamp. As I would rather starve than pay for the meager breakfast buffet with the free smell of last night’s broomstick size cigars the Beirutis seem to favour and having to look at the sour face of the breakfast waiter (working in the wrong shift because clearly not a morning person ☺), for the next few weeks I had breakfast at the nearby Boulangerie Paul.
The rooms are rather small but clean, well appointed and the Filipina cleaning ladies were a ray of sunshine and happiness amongst the otherwise not overly enthusiastic Lebanese staff.
Free Wifi in the room but expect low download speeds and frequent interruptions.
In a nutshell: excellent location (walking distance from Downtown, Gemmayze and Ashrafieh) good sleeping comfort. But not overly zealous reception staff and good luck if there’s a hiccup with accounting… I don't think I would stay there again, left with mixed feelings...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TRIPADVISOR.
We are glad to know that you have benefited from our location. We apologize for the misunderstanding that occurred during your stay with us. On the other hand, we assure to make it up and provide you with a much better service if you would give us another chance.
We hope to welcome you back at SAIFI Suites.