“I'm a believer!”

February 30
Ranked #178 of 902 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You think things in your world are topsy-turvy? Well, we're about to redefine that for you: Hamra's must-see venue, February 30, is ready to welcome you to our indoor and outdoor space! The stars have aligned to make sure that your wild imagination and our resto-pub come together. The atmosphere? Not at all what you'd expect. The vibe? Crazier than you could have dreamed. The place? February 30. Visit us in the Alleyway, Street 78, Hamra and watch us make it happen.If you think you've seen it all, think again. February 30's upside world will keep wondering while you enjoy some of the coolest cocktails and tastiest selections of international dishes around. Alice, you've reached wonderland. Bottoms up and don’t say we didn’t warn you!
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a little trouble finding The Alleyway in Hamra, and even some of the neighbors I asked didn't know this nicely hidden Beirut gem. But once I had found February 30, the pleasure was all mine.
I stepped inside and was dazzled on the spot. The decoration at February 30, with chairs and tables hanging from the ceiling and a motorbike swung around the bar, is out of this world. The drinks menu at February 30 is as deep as the ocean. They fix about any drink one can possibly think of. For the food, I am a cheese guy, so I tried the excellent Warm Goat Cheese salad with dried grapes and honey truffle glaze. This left me just enough space to taste the special dessert, a chocolate fondant made with 70% Valrhona. Even a Belgian maître chocolatier couldn't top this sensual experience.
Lastly the music: one can hear that the folks at February 30 know music and like to show it. Excellent!
All in all: congrats to February 30 - it made my stay in Beirut extra worthwhile. Or as the old Monkees' song goes: “And then I saw this place, and now I'm a believer”. Cheers!

February30, Owner at February 30, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, and for finding The Alleyway and discovering us! We are delighted to read you had a great experience with us and ahhhh, that chocolate fondant! We would love to see you again every time you visit Lebanon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

An everyday place, very cozy and chilled.
I love their music, and the atmosphere, its always full of life
First thing that comes to your mind, is going there for a drink of course but you must try the food (my favorites: risotto, bresaola goat cheese salad and the french fries)
And as for its decor, very creative! I've been there too many times, but somehow I still find something new everytime I go!

February30, Owner at February 30, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We are delighted to read about your experience with us! Thank you for this wonderful review. We hope to see you very soon and all through 2013.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Feb 30 seems to be conceived by someone on an acid trip.
It takes 1 hours inside the place to grasp the full hints and trick done with decor.
Over and above the experience it a great hangout spot with good food and good drinks.
I highly recommend visiting it a least once while in Beirut.

February30, Owner at February 30, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review you wrote about us! We are so glad the décor caught your attention and the overall experience including food and drinks was satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It has been a while since a place really impressed me as it was the case with February 30. The whole concept is a fresh experience for the Lebanese crowd. The whole decor, the small details, the staff, the service, everything is top notch. Definitely a place i will keep on visiting in 2013! Make sure to check all the "picture" frames :)

2  Thank Marwan A
February30, Owner at February 30, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time! We would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful review, and we look forward to seeing you more in 2013.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

While on a business trip in Beirut during the summer, we spent a fun evening at February 30. The bar is located in Hamra ('The Alleyway') - one of my favourite parts of the city. Overall, it is a fantastic place, very creative decor, friendly staff, good food and probably most importantly, great cocktails! I recommend the mini-burgers for a bite sized snack, and if you're like me, get the bartender to whip you up something bespoke! Enjoy.

3  Thank Chris M
February30, Owner at February 30, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for such a great review of our bar-resto! We are delighted to read you had a good experience and look forward to seeing you next time you're in Beirut!