Bliss Street is an exciting street, and the well-known American University of Beirut is located in the heart of the street. It is an extension of Hamra Street as I see it. I can't consider it as an attraction, but merely a fun street to hang out.
You can find casual restaurants and cafes, serving
- Breakfast (casual cafes)
- Lunch (Bliss House sandwiches - Yummy, very delicious!!)
- After-party (Zaatar w Zeit - All lebanese come here at 2 or 3 or 4am after enjoying a late night out)
- Dessert, donoughts and crepes shops
- Hot dog stands (You should try these!)
- Mcdonalds, Burger King, Subway...
- Argeeleh or Shisha places (Al-Kahwa)
- Internet cafes and mini-markets
- Bookshops, Bank branches, hotels, & motels
It is very crowdy but very fun during the weekends.