“An absolutely marvellous meal”

Em Sherif Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 1,039 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Em Sherif is a distinguished Oriental-themed restaurant providing its guests with an unsurpassed first class dining experience. Em Sherif herself carefully takes food supervising matters into her own hands and makes sure clients are served delicious food that is adoringly cooked daily with the freshest and highest quality products. The restaurant is intent on providing guests with the finest entertainment provided by a nightly live band. This restaurant is the perfect place for those seeking to enjoy 'Tarab' and traditional Oriental music played by talented band members on the time-honored instrument, the 'kanun' that magically infuses a sense of musical euphoria. Fabulous Oriental lunches and dinners are offered in set menus and served in a luxurious setting. The restaurant also offers a wide selection of the best French, Italian and Lebanese wine and champagne, along with quality Lebanese "Arak" in beautiful blue glasses. Em Sherif is the perfect venue for corporate lunches, family dinners, lunch gatherings and romantic dinners with a capacity of around 100 people. Operating Hours: Daily from 12.30 P.M. To 4:00 p.M. And 8:30 p.M. To 12:00 a.M.
Reviewed April 21, 2016

An enormous and magnificent array of dishes, that seemingly never end. Not long after you sit the first dish arrives, then it is a never ending convoy of food. I did not see a menu, but if you look on the website, it is clear that it is a set lunch with something in the region of 30 dishes. At $40 per head it was not for those on a budget, but a great meal nevertheless. The most distressing aspect is the scale of the waste that is incurred, even when there were five people at our table. Not a place seemingly to go on your own, as I doubt any individual could make even the smallest dent in the food supplied.

1  Thank addictedtotravel2015

Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

Even though the restaurant is somehow expensive but their food is the best Lebanese food I have ever tasted, I love the twist they do with their platters , the service is super great and their shisha is also good. I simply love this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank Gaby Z
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Although it is quite popular, I only went to Em Sherif once. Just like all fancy lebanese restaurants, I thought I was going to eat regular local food for a pretty expensive rate. But I was positively surprised when the food was served. They are extremely generous and I can assure you that you will not be able to get up easily when you're done! Other than that, not only do they serve everything you can think of, but it is simply delicious! I loved it and I would definetly go back on special occasions with friends or family! One of the best lebanese food I have ever had!

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed April 12, 2016

I went to the restaurant as a guest of friend. In short I was NOT impressed. If you like a smoke free restaurant, a place to have a conversation then this is not it. Shesha and cigarettes are normal and 90% of guest do it. I was a guest on a table for 5. The other 4 all smoked !. There is no background music but a very loud band singing popular local tunes. Too loud, you can't hear your self think. My (local) host asked them to reduce the volume twice. They didn't hear him.
The food is highly over-rated, really honestly nothing special. The restaurant it self attempts to projects class and up market design, setting and cutlery. But I went there for food and curiosity and I was disappointed on both counts.

Don't get me wrong. The locals love it. They smoke and sing along all night not caring about the minor things such as food. BUT if you are a non smoker and want to go for the food or for conversation I would greatly advise against it.

1  Thank Fawzi T
Mia R, Manager at Em Sherif Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Dear,
We would like to thank you for your review.
We apologize for your bad experience that wasn’t up to your expectations. We have taken into consideration your comments & feedback.
Could you please send us an email on info@emsherif.com so that we may have more details of your experience?
We hope to see you soon again!
Have a good day.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

"Em Sherif" is one of the best luxurious Lebanese restaurants in Lebanon. The decor is amazing. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The food is beyond delicious and the presentation is so lavish and amazing. The variety of dishes is incredible and you can taste the authenticity of the Lebanese cuisine with a special twist. In addition they serve a variety of super delicious desserts.
I would definitely recommend this place!!!

2  Thank SabineHachem