“Very good hotel”

Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a week over the new year period. The staff were extremely helpful and polite and the spa facilities excellent. However, we did not make use of the restaurant and had no meals at all here as we felt it was extremely over priced. My boyfriend is from Beirut so knew all the best local places to eat anyway.
The only down side of my experience was when I made the booking it showed I had been upgraded to a deluxe room. When I got there, it was obviously a standard room we had been put in. This was one of the main reasons for me booking this hotel and I feel let down as the booking wasn't as it was stated. But the hotel is very reasonably priced for 5 stars and the lobby is very grand. Thank you to Mahmoud who was constantly on the front door and always happy to get our car :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with all the travel community!

I was happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and found the staff extremely helpful, polite and the spa facilities excellent.

I will be more than happy to rectify the room type issue during your next visit, thus I do appreciate sending an e-mail on (diala.tabet@radissonblu.com) including the dates of your travel and I will take it from there.

Once again i would like to thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my staff. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kosta Kourotsidis,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Staff are very friendly and helpful. They do their best to provide great service. You feel welcomed and at home. Good location with easy access to main attraction. Great follow up from management to accomplish clients satisfaction.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor and for sharing the positive experience you had during your recent stay with us!

Going through your review, I was thrilled to read that we, as Radisson Blu Martinez hotel team were able to provide you with the great service that made you feel at home.

We all look forward to welcome you back and to provide you once again a stay you will never forget!

Moscow
Reviewed January 9, 2014

A bit shabby & in need of renovation hotel in the very center of Beirut, entering lobby & room you'd never guess this is 5*/ any level of luxury (if you need one).

Except this worn-out impression & awful selection of channels and poor reception by TV sets EVERYTHING was great and delightful: staff, service, location and especially breakfast which is the best I ever seen in hotels, I would stay at Radisson Beirut if only to experience this feast of choice and quality, I never wanted to leave breakfast area in the mornings!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time reviewing the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel on tripadvisor!

I was happy to read that you have found the staff, the service the location and especially the breakfast great and delightful.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback as it is a great tool that helps us to do better; If you have time and willing to discuss further the points listed above I will be more than happy to interact with you on the following e-mail (diala.tabet@radissonblu.com)!

I look forward to welcoming you back whenever travels bring you back to the area!

Best Regards
Venice
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Probably one of the best hotel I ever been.
The lobby is very luxury, the rooms not too small and new. The price was very good as well so It was my first choice. In the basement are located a Spa (sauna and steam bath), a gym and a pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for rating us 5 stars and for labeling the property as one of the Best Hotels on tripadvisor!

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Martinez a place to stay during your last visit to Beirut!

I was happy to read you have enjoyed your stay and found a very good value for what you have paid.

I look forward to welcome you back!

Dubai
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have mixed feelings about the Radisson Blue in Beirut. On the one hand, it is one of the cheapest 5-star hotels in Beirut. I paid around $120 / per night. However, on the other hand, it doesn't quite provide a 5-star experience.

The hotel rooms themselves are a bit old. The decor and furniture are a bit worn out. Clean yes, but just quite old, dark, etc. The rooms need to be renovated essentially to revive the hotel and give it the 5-stars it claims to have.

The gym feels cramped and small with worn-out equipment.

Breakfast spread is nothing to rave about but functional I guess.

The location is good, because it's within 5-minute taxi ride of the beautiful Downtown area of Beirut, some of the best nightlife hot spots, and the business district. So location-wise it's excellent.

I've stayed at this hotel probably 5 or 6 times by now, but really only because of it's location and good value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for being a loyal customer and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor!

We at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.

Welcoming you back will be our hope to provide you with the 5 stars experience you are looking for and still with a good value.

Sincerely yours
Bath
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice hotel with nice spacious rooms and comfortable beds and furniture. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff and a good breakfast plus the Wi Fi was free when I had expected from the booking that it would be charged as extra. Nice location close to the Corniche, but tucked away up a quiet street so not to noisy, but you may need directions to try and find it!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that your stay was comfortable and up to your expectations especially with the free wifi!
Thrilled I was when I knew that you found the location nice, next to the corniche ,the front desk staff very friendly, helpful the rooms nice, spacious and the breakfast good .

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed one night. Reception was great. So was concierge. Room was great. Spotless. Big bath, just what I needed. Staff were great. Business centre as a business centre should be. I hope to return and stay longer.

Room Tip: Stay away from street or back at lo levels. It ca be noisy.