“Perfect Location and luxurious stay”

Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut
Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect Location and luxurious stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for over a week for business. I am very fond of this hotel with its great location, spacious room and amenities. The hotel also got some of the best restaurants in Beirut and very close to the hard rock cafe. Very friendly staff and good service. If ever I have to go to Beirut again, there is not doubt , its Radisson where I will stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors to get an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel during your last visit to Beirut!

I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and found our location great, our rooms spacious and the staff friendly.

Welcoming you back would be my pleasure and thank you for recommending the property!!

Kosta Kourotsidis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 26, 2013

i stayed here just for a night. there is a chance to choose between smoking or non-smoking rooms. i prefered the second one so i smoked. but the air conditioning was poor and i was told that i can't open the window of the room during this time of year. but the hotel's personnels are always polite and friendly. the hotel is really close to the mediterrian sea, you can get there in about 3 or 4 minutes by walk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to review us on trip advisor and share your experience regarding your recent stay with us.

I was happy to know that you have found the location convenient and the personnel polite and friendly.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu I would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed there on a business trip for a little over a month, and had my family with me.

Rooms are very spacious and clean. Everyone is very friendly: special thanks to Rooney and Nadia for their excellent hopitality and service.
They have some very good amenities (indoor pool and a very well equiped gym). And hotel is close to both hamra street and the coast

My only comment was the breakfast menu, we stayed there for a little over a month, and we were served the same exact breakfast each and every day. Breakfast was good, no comment about the quality at all, but maybe because we stayed their a long period we just got tired of it.

Apart from this, everything else was just close to perfection.

• Stayed June 2012
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel during your last Stay and for taking the time to share your experience.

I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have found the rooms spacious and clean and the staff very friendly and your nice comments have been communicated to Nadia and Rooney .

I would like to thank you for your time and i look forward to welcoming you back whenever business brings you back to the area.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was my first time in Beirut, so I don't have other hotels as a benchmark but according to general standards the hotel is very pleasant and decent, offering everything you could think of, not less and not more....!!
The location is very convenient, walking distance to zaytouna bay and very close to downtown; however no sea view from any of its rooms!
Double room is very simple and clean, comfortable beds, free wifi access, bathroom is spacious...!!
They have have an amazing, heated indoor pool with a jacuzzi (free access) and a small gym...!! The annoying thing about it that you will have to walk across the lobby to reach it....!!
Staff were very friendly and made us some reservations at different places!
We rented a car and everytime we arrived at the hotel, a valet picked up the car; when checking out we realized that we had to pay 10$ per day for this service!! It was very annoying as we were not informed beforehand!!
Radisson Blu is known to be a business hotel; however for us as young travelers, it was perfectly fine as well! I believe it suits families, couples, young travelers.....just everyone!!

Room Tip: Ask for a free room upgrade and a room with wifi access! Not all the rooms have a strong wifi signal...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Swilam
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor!

It was a great pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed our facilities, service and that you have found the location very convenient the rooms clean and comfortable, the bathroom spacious and the staff very friendly.

I have acknowledged you constructive feedback regarding the parking and new procedure is now in place to avoid misunderstandings.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon among us, and thank you again for your review and for promoting Radisson Blu Martinez.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this property which is an average hotel by international standards. The public areas are reasonably pleasant albeit rather limited. There are always too many staff and others hanging around the entrance and just outside. The location is not the best being next to a car park and opposite a night club. There are other hotels much better placed and safer to walk around. The road where the hotel is does take you down towards the corniche, but its a nightmare to cross the road and relatively poorly lit at night. I checked in late and with my gold card was upgraded to a business room which appeared little different from the others apart that it provide access to an average business centre/lounge that had soft drinks and a few snacks. Staff are reasonably friendly, but seemingly always looking for a gratuity and again the service level is only average. The room was quite large, but the furnishings were quite old in appearance and not the most comfortable. The bathroom was a decent size but the shower was just run from the bath taps and not really "business class" standard. Although the room door had a double lock it didn't work properly. The usual flat screen TV had a limited range of english language programmes. The Eco friendly way the lights turn off in the corridors on the entire floor after a short period and then light up again on detection of movement was irritating and potentially a safety issue! There is a complementary wifi, which was one of the better features, reasonable gym and swimming pool. Business rooms provide you with the option of a continental breakfast in the room or full breakfast at Olivio's on the ground floor. The choice for breakfast was average and you were lucky if you could find a competent chef at the egg station. The experience was certainly not exceptional! I certainly wouldn't pay the extra to upgrade to a business floor experience as its not worth it.

Guest services were pretty hopeless as every time I asked for advice or to check the address of a location they had no idea and it was "around this area" which is nigh on useless particularly in a city in which I don't want to get lost in. If you change currency you can get different rates depending whether they put it through the books. If you get a hotel taxi or get them to get you a taxi you seem to get the nearest guy with a car that are questionably licences and which are well overpriced.

Generally, hotels in Beirut are expensive and the rates Radisson offer are much cheaper. Overall, the hotel is only average and should I find myself in Beirut again I will likely as not stay at an alternative property.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Hudson0605
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Loyal Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time spent reviewing our property on tripadvisor!

We at Radisson Blu Martinez hotel welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better and we do take all feedback seriously, for that I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations in some areas.

I look forward for your next trip, and we will be all making sure that all your expectations are met and even exceeded.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is pleasant and safe. Staff service levels are high, and the staff are particularly friendly and approachable. The rooms are fine: on the 'business class' floor mine was very clean and very spacious, even if not of the most modern decor. The in-room TV was a bit of a let-down: an old unit with a dodgy remote and blurry tuning.

The things I enjoyed most about this hotel were its good quality complementary wifi, it's great gym and swimming pool complex, and the friendliness of the staff. The breakfast was also of a high standard, and the lobby bar decent if not exceptional.

The upgrade to a 'business class' experience is worthwhile: it includes room service breakfast, gym and fitness access, business lounge access, and early and late check outs. At $20-$30 extra per night, it's about the same price as a standard breakfast in most hotels. And the business lounge, with its computers, drinks and snacks, is good.

The location of the hotel is also pretty good: you are a block and a half from the seafront, which is great for early-morning jogs. You can walk to pretty much anywhere in the city centre, which I did - although making the necessary precautions against straying into less safe areas or getting lost.

Overall, this hotel contributed to my pleasant surprise on my first trip to Lebanon. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Beirut drivers honk and skid a lot. As such, higher rooms can cut down overnight street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience and for recommending our property!

I was happy to read that the hotel contributed to your pleasant surprise on your first trip to Lebanon and that you would stay here again.

I look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with another pleasant stay!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I booked a standard room with bed and breakfast from the Radisson website. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a business class room, nice surprise! The room was spacious and very clean. The furniture all in good condition looked a bit dated. The service was impeccable, great service from start to finish. The breakfast buffet was very nice, a good selection of Lebanese breakfast fare and Western choices. We ordered room service one night and the food was really good and arrived quickly. We also used the pool a few times, it’s an indoor pool, which comes in handy as it was cold out. The location is okay, there’s not much around it, but you can easily get to and from the hotel. Given that Beirut is expensive, the bed and breakfast rate is a good value.
I have three things I did not like and feel strongly about. One, I made a 3 minute local call and it cost $10! I am one to pay for convenience, but this was ridiculous! Also, the taxis outside the hotel are over priced. I was dropped off at the National Museum and it was $13.00, which was the discounted rate. I got a taxi back for half the price and the museum was closed to boot (it’s closed on Mondays and no one knew this). I approached the front desk about this and they didn’t know it was closed Mondays either! I have stayed at other hotels, in which they have their “house” taxis, but also have a cheaper option for guests. The third thing that bothered me, was I made arrangements with a local guide and they would not let them wait in the lobby for me. While it may seem small, these three things will keep me from staying again. A nice hotel, but I would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay with us!

I was happy to know that you found our service impeccable from start to finish and that our food's taste and variety was up to your expectations.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu I do apologize for the concerns you had mentioned above and a corrective action was immediately put in place.

Guests like you are our asset and constructive criticism, like what you have provided always helps us to get better.

I would like to thank you once again and I really want you to consider visiting our property back whenever travels bring you back to the area.