“Pleasant and safe, with good fitness facilities”

Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut
Ranked #9 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Pleasant and safe, with good fitness facilities”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is pleasant and safe. Staff service levels are high, and the staff are particularly friendly and approachable. The rooms are fine: on the 'business class' floor mine was very clean and very spacious, even if not of the most modern decor. The in-room TV was a bit of a let-down: an old unit with a dodgy remote and blurry tuning.

The things I enjoyed most about this hotel were its good quality complementary wifi, it's great gym and swimming pool complex, and the friendliness of the staff. The breakfast was also of a high standard, and the lobby bar decent if not exceptional.

The upgrade to a 'business class' experience is worthwhile: it includes room service breakfast, gym and fitness access, business lounge access, and early and late check outs. At $20-$30 extra per night, it's about the same price as a standard breakfast in most hotels. And the business lounge, with its computers, drinks and snacks, is good.

The location of the hotel is also pretty good: you are a block and a half from the seafront, which is great for early-morning jogs. You can walk to pretty much anywhere in the city centre, which I did - although making the necessary precautions against straying into less safe areas or getting lost.

Overall, this hotel contributed to my pleasant surprise on my first trip to Lebanon. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Beirut drivers honk and skid a lot. As such, higher rooms can cut down overnight street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience and for recommending our property!

I was happy to read that the hotel contributed to your pleasant surprise on your first trip to Lebanon and that you would stay here again.

I look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with another pleasant stay!

Kosta Kourotsidis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I booked a standard room with bed and breakfast from the Radisson website. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a business class room, nice surprise! The room was spacious and very clean. The furniture all in good condition looked a bit dated. The service was impeccable, great service from start to finish. The breakfast buffet was very nice, a good selection of Lebanese breakfast fare and Western choices. We ordered room service one night and the food was really good and arrived quickly. We also used the pool a few times, it’s an indoor pool, which comes in handy as it was cold out. The location is okay, there’s not much around it, but you can easily get to and from the hotel. Given that Beirut is expensive, the bed and breakfast rate is a good value.
I have three things I did not like and feel strongly about. One, I made a 3 minute local call and it cost $10! I am one to pay for convenience, but this was ridiculous! Also, the taxis outside the hotel are over priced. I was dropped off at the National Museum and it was $13.00, which was the discounted rate. I got a taxi back for half the price and the museum was closed to boot (it’s closed on Mondays and no one knew this). I approached the front desk about this and they didn’t know it was closed Mondays either! I have stayed at other hotels, in which they have their “house” taxis, but also have a cheaper option for guests. The third thing that bothered me, was I made arrangements with a local guide and they would not let them wait in the lobby for me. While it may seem small, these three things will keep me from staying again. A nice hotel, but I would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay with us!

I was happy to know that you found our service impeccable from start to finish and that our food's taste and variety was up to your expectations.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu I do apologize for the concerns you had mentioned above and a corrective action was immediately put in place.

Guests like you are our asset and constructive criticism, like what you have provided always helps us to get better.

I would like to thank you once again and I really want you to consider visiting our property back whenever travels bring you back to the area.

Stockholm
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed for several weeks at the Radisson Blu Martinez for work, and I very much enjoyed the stay. It is not ideally located, but is is two blocks away from the Phoenicia and three from the Corniche, in case you want to stroll and have a see view.
I stayed in a business room and have no complaints about it. The service was very good, during breakfast they try to provide you with anything you order. The room service on call is also very good, with fast answer.
The business lounge is ok, but if you take your own laptop is even better since there is an acceptable free wireless internet in the room.
I was on the third floor, so there was some noise from the street, but I could sleep well even though.
The pool is also another interesting feature, free to use for everyone in the hotel, I think. There is also a gym and salsa classes.
The restaurant is not so good, but average.
The only downsize may be its location. Not so interesting to walk around at night.
But in all, for me it was a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback which i have shared with my staff.

I was thrilled to know that we were able to meet your expectations in terms of product and service .

On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms upon request.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This has been the first time that my fellow trip advisors have disappointed me! I cannot for the life of me understand the good reviews for this hotel. The hotel is a DUMP!!! I got "upgraded" to a business room so I can't even imagine how horrible the normal rooms are.
First of all, the location of the hotel is in the worst street in Beirut (kind of like their version of the red light district) - There are STRIP CLUBS all along the street! As a female traveler I did not feel safe or comfortable walking around the area.
Second, did I mention the rooms are a DUMP? Their "executive lounge" is a small room with a few chairs and a few crossaints. The hotel management is better off not having an "executive lounge".
The room I was had really dirty carpets and outdated furniture and it looked like they hadnt changed the sheets from the previous guest. I am not kidding.
If you are a female traveler do NOT stay here. This is not the street you want to be walking around in! This is not a nice area and for $30 more a night I changed hotels and stayed at the Phoenicia hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Noush01
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We do apologize for your experience during your stay and I ensure your constructive comments will improve our services. I hope for another opportunity to welcome you at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut .

With best regards

Msk
Reviewed February 11, 2013

the hotel is located in only 5 minutes to the embankment. The location was very usable and practical. It is very quite good to walk on seafront in the evening. The room rate included access to business lounge with free three drinks. But lounge was no anything special. Small size, standard set of drinks. Room was big, clean. Bed was convenient. Hotel is not new now, I think it is time to its renovation. The Internet worked with failures, often it was necessary to approach to the door rooms to send the big size letter. There was also a network cable for connection, but I had a tablet without the socket. the staff of hotel was very helpful and tried to assist in all requests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to know that you have found our location usable and the staff very helpful.

Here at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel we welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better and you will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have now put the business lounge renovation as a top priority and started working on the project, as well as extra wifi access points.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and I will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here twice in the space of 3 weeks (for a total of 7 nights) and found the staff very courteous and helpful. I enjoyed the Lebanese breakfast (other cuisines are also available) and the Mezzeh I ordered as room service was absolutely delicious!

I was also lucky enough to be upgraded on both occasions - from a business room to a junior suite, providing very spacious accommodation and comfortable beds. There was some noise in the night from the night club and from the soldiers posted outside of the hotel, but they didn't disturb me too much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time spent writing this review, t is well appreciated!!

I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff courteous and helpful and our food delicious.

Regular guests like you are always well recognized and the best available rooms are always allocated to them when available.

I look forward to welcoming you back, whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed for only 3 nights on a business trip last June and it was pleasant. The room is adequate in size, not keen on the furniture though. The bathroom and towels are clean and The housekeeping was on time, and room service was good. staff are friendly and extremely helpful as I was sick with flue and fever and they helped me in providing medication. Breakfast buffet had a lot of variety. The security at the hotel is high as all bags are scanned at the door. For me the location was excellent as it was a walking distance from work and there are a number of ATMs around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that you have found our staff helpful with prompt service, our rooms comfortable and clean and that you enjoyed our super buffet breakfast.

I am happy to learn that we have met your expectations to end up with a memorable stay.
We will continue working hard to maintain and upkeep our service.

I look forward to welcoming you back whenever in Beirut.

Nizam Bou Antoun