“Nice location, a bit noisy, internet sucks”
Review of Le Duroy Hotel

Le Duroy Hotel
Ranked #94 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed a week in Duroy on my last visit. Before i came in, i asked for one big bed nad non smoking room. When I arrived, it was smoking room and two twin bed. They tried to change another one but sitll the same. So finally, they upgrade me to the suite, which is nice. However, the room pretty noisy cause by the street so you can hear all the car passing by at night. And another noise because next to generator.
The other thing is, internet is 2USD/ per hour, but not very stable. So i ended up pay quite a lot money for internet conncetion. I think they should really wave the internet charge consider internet connection in Lebanon is bad!
other than that, they have friendly staffs, helpful in general.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Juliet , Guest Relations Manager at Le Duroy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2014

Thank you for your patronage and support . Indeed we value your trust and confidence in us.

We sincerely apologize for not keeping up with the desired standards you have come to expect from us. Appropriate action will be taken in solving this matter and ensuring this does not happen again.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had the best experience. The staff at Duroy Hotel are welcoming and so friendly. They made our stay hassle free and enjoyable. The atomsphere at the hotel felt cozy, the room was clean and comfortable. Its location was perfect, we enjoyed the sea view while eating in different restaurants that took us 2 minutes walking to reach.We also managed to do all our shopping easilly, shops are located 5 minutes away. My partner & I will definitely do it again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to receive your comments and appreciation to our services.Thank you once again for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Very nice family hotel and great Service, close to the beach, lovely romantic rooms and cafe. I enjoyed very much the Karaoke Night and DJ night.
Fair prices comparing to other hotels, I would'nt mind coming again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex K

It was magnificent to read such great comments and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. To know we were able to please and exceed your expectations was most rewarding and has motivated our entire team.We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Spent 5 nights there in business trip to Beirut, friendly stuff, location was beautiful.

Good choice for budget travels,

Room Tip: Rooms with View to the Sea
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Mohi_Khater

Thank you for taking the time to post on our TripAdvisor page following your stay.

It is a great pleasure to know how much you enjoyed the whole ambiance. We continuously attempt to meet our valuable guests needs and expectations.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

It was a disgusting experience in this hotel, I stayed there for 3 days (the worst three days of my life)
Bad service, lousy breakfast, room with no view at all, sheets never replaced until checkout, salty water as you can't even brush your teeth and when we complained to the manager his name is Emad Faour he said it's not our problem!!!!!!! And the only offer is to shower with meniral water on your expense, I tried to contact the owner but they refused to give me his number or to have any contact with him, I wish if he can see this comment and take an action with his staff.
I will never consider this hotel on my forthcoming booking to my clients.

• Stayed: February 2011
6  Thank Yachttrvl
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My last trip to beirut ,My freind ask me to stay in duroy hotel I did search for the advantage and disadvantage of this hotel , I found people didn't,t like it .... , I said I want to try it I never been there , I did book for 7 days .
When I arrived Beirut , a hotel taxi driver pick me up from the airport to the rawshee (location of the hotel) , Welcome with a nice smile from pretty ladies at the reception waiting for you ... the room service is very good , clean room , 24 hrs service , excellent Internet connection , every Thursday , Sunday a karaoke ...
By one word I can say :I felt like home .

Thanks for all duroy staff .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Lucille42

We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 18, 2010

better than a thousand words- refer to pics posted - do I say anymore?
some of the sections allowed for ratings do not suggest any appropriate ratings:
-Internet kept picking up the neighbour's hotel wireless, but charges you while you get thrown off line.
- free breakfast gets slapped down on the table; one boiled egg and a basket of arabic bread and a cup of tea/coffee without any milk - ..... reason (staff do not speak english)
I dont think the waiter ever takes a break - you see him 24 hours around the clock for room service

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business