“Avarage for a short business stay”

Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace
Ranked #37 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Stockholm, Sweden
“Avarage for a short business stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Avarage business hotel, not same 5 stars as in other countries in my opinion. Quite disappointed overall due to poor services.

Positive:
-Good location, 30min from the airport, close to the mall/restaurants
-Spacious and functioning room
-clean room when it was cleaned

Negative:
-Swimming pool is under construction, have to walk to another hotel to use pool
-Breakfast was otherwise ok, but there were flies over the fruits which was disgusting
-room cleaning was not everyday, when I called room service wondering about the cleaning, then the person just assumed that I have put no cleaning sign on my door even thou I didn't
-at the breakfast a personal forced me to pay for breakfast even thou it was included to the room
-I asked if my Hilton member number could be added since I forgot my number, this I have to remind couple times before it happens
-I was in rush to the airport and asked for quick check out in advance, so concierge can print out everything. The personal did print out but didn't check if the bill was correct. I had several Internet charges on the same day because I used 2devices, so she had to remove double charges and print again. That's why check out took long time.

Generally, hotel was nice but some staffs were not very service minded and did things only when I asked twic

Room Tip: Choose the room closer to the ground floor, so if elevator doesn't work then you can still walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi liitomajava, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to post such a thorough review on Tripadvisor.

While we are glad to know you enjoyed our location as well as the comfort of our rooms, it is with great disappointment that we read the rest of your review. Please accept our sincere apologies that your recent stay did not reflect our commitment.

Your comments are already shared with the concerned departments here and corrective measures have been taken, in an effort to reinforce our high level of guest satisfaction in all ways and reaffirm our commitment to providing excellent service.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Hotels Beirut; we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to provide you with the type of stay you deserve. You will surely enjoy our promotions by our newly refurbished pool in Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace. Should you need any kind of assistance during your next stay, I will be more than glad to assist you personally.

With Kindest Regards,

naif.zureikat@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is breath taking with the trompe d'oeil ceiling and the glass sheet wall offering a great view from all floors.
Staff were extremely polite and attentive. Rooms very clean and we'll maintained.most staff are trilingual and speak French, English and Arabic. Breakfast was
extensive with a wide array of fruit which appears to be the norm in Lebanon.
There is a connecting walkway over the traffic to a sister hotel with a shopping mall on 5 floors. Also tried the French restaurant on the rooftop of sister hotel, truly exquisite food,even the spinach tasted good!
Only slight downer is no operational restaurant in house for lunch or dinner, maybe because the occupancy rate was low. However, more than made up for this with prompt and
delicious room service. Will probably return if in Lebanon again

• Stayed June 2013
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi TKA7, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to share with us such a thorough review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you have been comfortable and well-looked after during your stay with us. It also makes me proud to know that our dining options have contributed towards your positive experience; our team is heartened by your generous words and kind comments. For your next stay with us, I would advise you to try our genuine Italian restaurant Venezia, located at the ground floor of the hotel, as we are running live Barbecue nights on weekends.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last stay in Beirut; we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon this summer but for a longer stay so you can enjoy the great deal of money-saving activities you will be offered.

With Kindest Regards,

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

pleasant stay at this great business hotel.. spacious rooms with lots of facilities and nice inroom menu.. great view from the room. the lobby of this hotel is very large and nice.. the ambiance is perfect at night with the pianist performing.. meeting rooms with daylight.. services are great food is tasty and of good quality.. i highly recommend this hotel for business people and leisure due to its location and facilities.. connected to a mall with lots of shops and kids playgrounds.. 5 mnts away from beirut.

Room Tip: high floors
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Salim1973, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to share your points of view with us through this website.

It is with great pleasure that read your comments and learn about the nice stay you had with us. Hilton Hotels Beirut is committed to providing exceptional service for all of our guests and we are thrilled to learn that our team members were so helpful during your stay. From your comfortable guestroom, appreciation for our views and delicious breakfast dining experience, it is great to know you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the kind words and great recommendation.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Hotels Beirut during your last stay in Beirut, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future with our new offers and promotions that just suit everyone!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is quote iconic in Beirut and has been around for some time. I think the recent slump in the city has hurt it a lot and it seems under-staffed. The service was good and efficient, although not the same as :the old days". I think Hilton taking over the management has not really helped in this case. The Breakfast left a lot to be desired. Overall, it's a nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi Edward M, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last visit to Beirut and for taking the time to share your comments with us through this website.

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel nice and appreciated our service. Kindly make sure that your comments will be shared with everyone here in an effort to reinforce our high level of customer satisfaction in all ways, and corrective measures will be taken.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Hotels Beirut during your last stay in the country, your comments will all be taken into consideration in order to enhance our services where needed. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon this summer for a longer stay, so you will enjoy the renovated areas at the hotel along with the great offers and activities.

Buenos Aires
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is nice, not in the main touristic area, but is ok. The good thing is that you can cross through a bridge to the other hilton that is next to a mall. This was very convenient since you can eat there, make shopping and I also took my daughter to a softplay area that is there.
The breakfast was excellent, bad coffee, the employees very kind and helpful.

The bad thing from the hotel is that they didn t allowed to me to go inside the jacuzzi with my daughter, (something that i have ever done at all the hotels I have ever stayed and that I actually did at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Beirut where I check in after I checked out from the hilton). After talking to the spa manager she tried to compensate me with a very nice massage and she let me go in one morning with my baby. It was ok but I would have rather not to go thorough all the discussion to go just for one hour to the jacuzzi and I would have like to go whenever I wanted to go in and not at a specific hour. For me this was very important since it is for my baby a nice playing moment for her and try to make her feel being at home in all this travelling and hotel lifestyle.

We were in the 2nd floor and we could easily listen noise coming from other rooms, smoke from other rooms and the elevator noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi Cholis, thank you for choosing Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last visit to Beirut and for taking the time to share your opinion with us on Tripadvisor.

I was really delighted to learn that you enjoyed our quality breakfast as well as the service provided by our team members. I am also glad to see that our bridge connecting both Hilton properties and our neighboring mall were convenient to you and your daughter. As for the spa, we apologize for any inconvenience caused, but it is the hotel’s policy to restrict the spa entry for all kids below 16 years old.

Thank you once again for staying with us at Hilton Hotels Beirut, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon among us but for a longer stay. We would recommend that you stay next time at higher floors so you could enjoy the breath-taking panoramic views of Beirut city and the sea

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

so i stayed there 2 times already, the hotels location is very convinient for me as its extremely close to my grandparents house... the hotel is very clean and i could tell it is well maintained, however they seem to cram the guests in the first 3 floors and avoid using the higher floors to save on electricity which i did not appreciate at all.
the room is nice, basic room, basic ammenities, very clean ... great lebanese breakfast!!
there is a connecting bridge to the habtoor hotel, and mall which is very convinient.
try to book a room in the higher floors because lebanon has high traffic and you dont want to be waking up to cars horns in the morning....

Room Tip: the higher the better....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KasperWigen, General Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Hi manar b, thank you for choosing Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last visit to Beirut and for taking the time to share your opinion with us here on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure indeed to know that the hotel’s location was convenient for you, being situated in the capital city of Beirut. I was delighted as well to learn that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and appreciated our Lebanese section of the breakfast.

We place great value on your continued and loyal relationship with Hilton. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon and ensure we will do our best to give you a room on a higher floor.

In the meantime, should you require any kind of assistance during your stay do not hesitate to contact me personally.

With warm regards,

UAE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

it is a nice hotel with a very nice view of Beirut specially in the high floors , cleanliness is very good , service is very good from the moment you enter the hotel espacialy from guest relation and reciption team, Beirut is a viry nice city and you can enjoy it day and night.

we stayed for 10 days and went to almost all sites with one of the travel agent companies which was very good ( Naakhal)

Room Tip: Higher floors are large
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hi enjoy94, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last visit to Beirut, and for taking the time to post such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure indeed to learn about your overall satisfaction throughout your stay with us. It makes us really proud you appreciated our quality service as well as the stunning panoramic views overlooking Beirut. I shared your impressive review with our colleagues at the Front Office specifically and they were very delighted to read it.

Thank you once again for recommending Hilton Hotels Beirut, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon this winter with our new offers and promotions that just suit everyone!

with Kindest Regards,