“Adequate business hotel”

Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Adequate business hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is a essentially a standard business hotel. Rooms appointed in a standard fashion. Everything is clean and functional, but nothing special. Breakfast was above average and the lunches served were very nice. Meeting rooms also were fairly standard. Staff were helpful. A typical business hotel that is a cut below the Sheratons and Hyatts, but also not nearly as expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paradoxcapt
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

First I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review.

I am glad to learn that you found everything clean and functional and that the lunches served were up to your expectations.

Thank you for the nice comments about the staff.

We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Your comments regarding the breakfast were shared with the Executive Chef.

Once again, I appreciate you putting your comments out there and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mark Timbrell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I can't remember exactly when I stayed at the Gefinor Rotana for the first time, but I know that I haven't stayed at any other Beirut hotel since then. I have come to Beirut repeatedly over the past 8 years and Gefinor Rotana is my home away from home.
It's just the perfect combination of location, warmth, impeccable service and all the small things that make you want to come back.
I've stayed there alone on business but also with family and I highly recommend it to travelers looking for a great hotel with a special touch of discreet luxury.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KEK-Casa
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, please let me express our gratitude and appreciation for your constant loyalty.

Please note that I have communicated your nice comments to the team and it is indeed a privilege for us that you consider our hotel your other home.

Thank you for your honest review and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With my best regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recently spent three nights in the Gefinor Rotana in Beirut and will definitely be returning. The hotel is very central, the decor and ambiance delightful, the food and service in the restaurant was fantastic, the staff were wonderful, extremely helpful, polite and friendly and the room I had was beautifully light and comfortable with nice decor , topped by wonderful views towards the Corniche. Customer service was brilliant, thank you for such a wonderful few days.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Marian W
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor. It was a great pleasure reading such a positive and appreciative feedback.

It makes us proud to read that you had a great experience while being at our hotel. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and provide them with the greatest service.
Thank you for the nice comments about the décor, food and service and for finding our staff wonderful, extremely helpful and friendly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I definately would recommend staying at this hotel to anyone who wants to be centrally located in Beirut. Great location, few steps and your in Hamra. Easy to get anywhere, easy to find a cab if needed. Its fabulous, the service is spectacular! the staff, breakfast, rooms, house-keeping, everything was super. It's nice that they are so attentive and if u ask for anything u know they're doing their best to help u. Rooms are very clean. I definately would recommend getting the family suite if ur visiting with family members, its just as nice but with better family rates. Feels like having ur own apartment, and inside the apartment u can choose seperate suites. Inside our room we had our own mini-kitchenette other than the main one, which had a mini-bar and complementary water, tea, coffee. Beautiful. Our trip was cut short due to an emergency back home so too bad I didn't get to enjoy it to the fullest. The last floor infinity pool was beautiful, when u first c it u may think to urself that its too small, but its just wat u need! even the depth of the water is perfect, not too deep, perfect for location on the great view! i loved it, its the perfect beirut hotel! try the burgers if u wanna eat on the terrace, they're so delicious! also 2mins walk u get to a very nice place called Cle, nice for eating or having drinks!

Room Tip: if ur traveling as a family-go for the family suites!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AreejDaoud
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us this month and for taking the time to write your wonderful and detailed comments on trip advisor.

I am thrilled to note that you have enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and location, and that the service provided by the employees you encountered during your stay was up to your expectations.

It is rewarding for the staff to receive such compliments on the service they have provided.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully your next visit will be for a longer period.

Darlington, South Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. This was the first time i have ever stayed at the Gefinor Rotana in Beirut and we stayed there for almost a week. It is centrally located, safe and the staff is just great. I have no complaints. The room was quiet and clean. The service from the front desk, concierge, etc was superb. The restaurant food and service was perfect for our purposes.

David Beasley

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank David B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

I was glad to learn that your first stay at Gefinor Rotana was up to your expectations.
Thank you for your nice comments about our service, location, staff and rooms and for recommending Gefinor Rotana.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is my favourite place in Beirut..... The hotel holds a special meaning to us as I went from there straight to hospital to give birth to our now four -year old daughter Tara, who is a big fan of this hotel as well despite her young age. It is always a welcome break for my family and we do our best to spend a weekend there every now and then. The staffs are very welcoming and professional....They remember you even if your last visit was some time ago and always welcome you with a big warm smile. I love the pool with the view it offers of Beirut. Breakfast is excellent and anyone can find his choice there. The buffets are excellent and offer lots of variety of delicious food. Rooms are very good and always super clean. The hotel is perfectly located just a walking distance from the famous Hamra street and Beirut's Downtown is a five minutes drive....it is my favourite place at home (as I live in Lebanon) and always feel as if I’m coming to back home. Would highly recommend it to anyone. My only regret is that Trader Vics is no longer there....their Friday Island night were really something to look for. In short, I love it.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but Club Rooms come with other benfits so it could be worth it to some.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joumana_12
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to learn that you found our staff very welcoming and professional. As well, that you found our buffets excellent and offer lots of variety of delicious food.

I was also very pleased to learn that the rooms are very good and always super clean.

It is indeed a privilege for us that you consider our hotel your other home and that you would highly recommend it to anyone.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

With best regards,

Algiers, Algeria
Reviewed September 9, 2012

well located hotel, the hotel staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, you can choose the type of pillow you want, the spa are very clean with a nice view in the pool, a large choice in the breakfast

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank samira2012
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review .

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Gefinor Rotana Beirut and its location.

I was particularly delighted to learn that you found our staff friendly, the rooms and the spa clean, and that the breakfast was up to your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Gefinor Rotana Hotel.