“Excellent stay”

Gefinor Rotana Hotel
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. This was the first time i have ever stayed at the Gefinor Rotana in Beirut and we stayed there for almost a week. It is centrally located, safe and the staff is just great. I have no complaints. The room was quiet and clean. The service from the front desk, concierge, etc was superb. The restaurant food and service was perfect for our purposes.

David Beasley

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank David B
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

I was glad to learn that your first stay at Gefinor Rotana was up to your expectations.
Thank you for your nice comments about our service, location, staff and rooms and for recommending Gefinor Rotana.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is my favourite place in Beirut..... The hotel holds a special meaning to us as I went from there straight to hospital to give birth to our now four -year old daughter Tara, who is a big fan of this hotel as well despite her young age. It is always a welcome break for my family and we do our best to spend a weekend there every now and then. The staffs are very welcoming and professional....They remember you even if your last visit was some time ago and always welcome you with a big warm smile. I love the pool with the view it offers of Beirut. Breakfast is excellent and anyone can find his choice there. The buffets are excellent and offer lots of variety of delicious food. Rooms are very good and always super clean. The hotel is perfectly located just a walking distance from the famous Hamra street and Beirut's Downtown is a five minutes drive....it is my favourite place at home (as I live in Lebanon) and always feel as if I’m coming to back home. Would highly recommend it to anyone. My only regret is that Trader Vics is no longer there....their Friday Island night were really something to look for. In short, I love it.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but Club Rooms come with other benfits so it could be worth it to some.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joumana_12
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to learn that you found our staff very welcoming and professional. As well, that you found our buffets excellent and offer lots of variety of delicious food.

I was also very pleased to learn that the rooms are very good and always super clean.

It is indeed a privilege for us that you consider our hotel your other home and that you would highly recommend it to anyone.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

well located hotel, the hotel staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, you can choose the type of pillow you want, the spa are very clean with a nice view in the pool, a large choice in the breakfast

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank samira2012
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review .

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Gefinor Rotana Beirut and its location.

I was particularly delighted to learn that you found our staff friendly, the rooms and the spa clean, and that the breakfast was up to your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Gefinor Rotana Hotel.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Beirut is a city I had fallen in love with more than a decade ago. But for various reasons, I didn't return for more than 10 years, and now I go twice in a month!

After a disappointing experience in August in another hotel. a friend booked us into the Gefinor. Having never stayed in a Rotana before, I was dubious, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

We were upgraded on check-in to a suite - which turned out to be a spacious two room suite, separate sitting room and bedroom with a balcony. The view was simply stunning - overlooking the Mediterranean with at sunrise and sunset was simply amazing. On a clear day you can see across the bay to Jounieh.

I was also given a bottle of local Lebanese wine as a welcome, much appreciated! These rooms come with free wifi, free newspaper and breakfast as well as access to the Club lounge which has the same gorgeous views of Beirut, free snacks and cocktails.

The bed as it turns out was comfy and the separate sitting area with couch and TV appreciated for a bit of space. Word of advice about the wifi - it's fast and amazing with laptops, not so good with tablets and mobile devices.

The bathroom was stocked with Occitane amenities which added a touch of luxury to an otherwise small bathroom.

We tried the downstairs restaurant for dinner and lunch and found the food fresh, in abundance and the service attentive. The wine waiter there was extremely knowledgeable about Lebanon's wine industry and presented us with some tasty options.

If you can, have breakfast or dinner outside on the terrace.

The hotel has a great location in the Hamra area, which has changed since by last visit to the tea 10 years before. Lots of funky bars in alley ways and new restaurants have sprung up. a short walk from the hotel you can find a cafe filled with young hipsters or a traditional Lebanese restaurant.

It's less than 15 minutes from the airport on a clear traffic day. The hotel is also close to the famed bliss street and 10 min walk to the Corniche which is the beating heart of the city.
Downtown is around a 5 min drive or 15 min walk. Take a taxi off the street as the hotel cars will charge a premium.

We took a day trip to the Bekaa Valley with a driver organized by the hotel, we had an absolutely exhilarating day visiting wineries and Baalbeck before collapsing back at the hotel.
The staff go out of their way to be helpful, sourcing cars and restaurants as well as giving advice on where to visit.

This hotel has the views, service and charm of the bigger, more expensive hotels like Four Seasons and Intercon, without the huge price tags.

Make this your Beirut base...it's perfect!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for club floor access and the view. It's to die for
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank rachelannmorris

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice and detailed review .

I am glad to hear that your first stay with us was up to your expectations.

I was pleased to learn that you found our Club lounge view gorgeous, beds comfortable, Occitane amenities luxurious and as well I was delighted to read your nice comments about the food and service at Olive Garden Restaurant .

We work very hard to ensure that all our guests receive the utmost in service, comfort, and hospitality, and we appreciate your very positive and informative feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you at our hotel for your next visit to Beirut.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

excellent hotel, very centrally located, classy, Rotana standards amenities, clean rooms, very good breakfast, fast internet. Rooms might be a bit small (some of them). I was always stay there when in Beirut, just next to my office. And they have a nice but small rooftop terrace - pool, with cool views to the sea.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Lampros B
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review about your pleasant experience during your recent stay with us.

I am glad to learn that you are a repeated guest at Gefinor Rotana.

Thank you for your nice comments about our location, amenities, rooms, breakfast and internet.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Rotana is generally a very good hotel chain throughout the Middle East, particularly strong in F&B. The Gefinor Rotana has good location going for it and has excellent F&B but should upgrade its services. After I checked I found that the A/C wasn't working. They sent technicians up 3 times to reset or repair the A/C with no success. I finally had to throw a minor fit and they moved me to another, smaller room but one where the A/C was working. (It was very hot when I was there). The room was unremarkable but did have decent beds and, more important from my point of view, good, soft pillows. The staff was not unfriendly but lacked the kind of attentiveness one appreciates as a hotel guest. My flight was late in the evening and they very generously let me have a very late check out with no charge. That was much appreciated. I was there for a conference and found their conference facilities and meeting rooms excellent and the catering to be just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main hotel in the front and not in the annex at the back of the hotel. It is in...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am giving this property a 4 star because of location and convenience. Reliability for me is defined by room amenities, general cleanliness and quality. This is a fairly reliable brand which is enhanced with Lebanese customer service. This is as pleasant as a check-in as possible.
I recommend you ask for a higher level seaside view - the only view in Beirut worth the request. The breeze of the Mediterranean and view of the mountains can provide you with an instant calm from the insanity of a busy city.
I experienced 2 problems during my stay which I wrote off as one offs: The comforter on the bed had its down all crumpled in chunks (probably from whasing/ frying). It felt creepy. Also, room service delivered coffee in the morning after a very long and unjustifiable wait. The comped it but who wants to drink cold coffee?
In any case. Still a good brand in my book but will keep eye on TA for trends.

Room Tip: Top level seaside room. Also arrange taxi from airport by hotel if traveling on business.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad to learn that our hotel’s room amenities, general cleanliness and quality were up to your expectations.

We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. I am of course concerned to learn of the problems that you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies. The comforter was directly replaced by another one and I am sorry that this was not noticed before you checked in. As for the delay in coffee delivery by room service, please note that I conducted an investigation and corrective action was taken.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Once again, I appreciate you putting your comments out there and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.