“I wouldn't say 5 Stars”

Gefinor Rotana Hotel
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights (business trip). I wouldn't say this is a 5 stars hotel.
The location of the hotel is great. Rooms are big enough (try to get one on sea side). Room heater was not working. Furniture is old. Shower was not acceptable (curtain was not clean and could be screen). Besides this, there is no cleanness problem. Sleep quality is ok. Wi-fi is not free; USD10 per day and really slow. There is a business center with free of charge. A swimming pool on the terrace with a great view.; really enjoyable. Breakfast was satisfying exept cold coffees and teas. Staff was polite and helpful. Check-in & out took very short time. Lobby was cold. They don't use double doors or airblader so when the weather is cold you can't spend your time in the lobby. And you are freezing when you are having your breakfast. I doubt if I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on higher floors which is looking to the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our Hotel.

I am glad to learn that you found our staff polite and helpful.

Regarding the rooms condition, I am pleased to inform you that now having completed the lobby, reception and restaurants’ renovation, we are now working on a new design for our bedrooms and suites.

Referring to your comments on the internet service provided, we have already upgraded this facility to ensure it is the best on offer by any hotel in Lebanon. It includes a new Aruba wireless network throughout all guest bedrooms as well as the public areas, a new interface to ensure easy plug & play connectivity and an increase in the connection speed to 17 MB download/10MB upload, shared. I am investigating with our IT Manager why you may have had a problem as since the upgrade at the end of last year we have received many very positive comments.

I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with the breakfast. As for the cold coffees and teas, please note that I have discussed the matter with our Outlet Manager and corrective action has been taken in order to avoid similar circumstances.

During the period of your stay we experienced an unprecedented cold snap in Beirut with a strong northerly wind. Usually we do not experience a problem with a cold lobby, but over these days we did indeed face a significant and unusual challenge in this regard and I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back, especially in the spring and summer when the pool, although heated all year round, can be used much more to your advantage during a future stay.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Every time I go to Lebanon I prefer to stay at Rotana Gefinor as I feel like I am home.I like it so much, it's my favorite.

GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to learn that Gefinor Rotana is your preferred hotel in Lebanon.

We do our best to make our guests feel that they are home, and it’s nice to know that we were up to your expectations in doing so.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

With best Regards

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Went on a company offsite to Beirut and while the hotel was acceptable at all levels nothing stood out as 5 star. I would rate this a good 4 star in a decent location. Only incident I had was my laptop supposedly being sent down to the laundry bu mistake, when I had not used the laundry service nor unpacked it. I was grateful for the return and also the managements creativity for excuses by what I suspect may have been a pilfering chambermaid.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

Regarding the incident concerning your laptop, please note that an in depth investigation was conducted and it turned out that the housekeeping agent brought the laptop down to the laundry by mistake along with the dirty linen as it was on your bed. Right when the laptop was found by one of our laundry attendants, it was returned to you directly.

We hope that this incident will not deter you from giving us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again.

On your next visit to Beirut, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on mark.timbrell@rotana.com to do the necessary arrangements.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 23, 2012

The hotel is clean and staff is helpful yet rooms are average and do not stay on 5th floor as dancing floor is below it and you will not sleep before 1am shopping area behind the hotel and sea walk is 15 m walk down the hill

• Stayed: February 2012
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our Hotel.

I am glad to learn that you found our hotel clean and our staff helpful.

Regarding the rooms condition, I am pleased to inform you that now having completed the lobby, reception and restaurants’ renovation, we are now working on the designs for to ‘facelift’ our rooms..

Moreover, I would like to apologize most sincerely for the disturbance due to the bass from the Banquet floor. Please rest assured I am investigating the matter to find out how this happened and to ensure it will not happen in the future. We have to balance our business and we have a very strict set of procedures in our Banquet department designed to avoid the issue of noise pollution to the rooms during wedding parties. With the procedures we have it is unusual to receive complaints and I am sorry you were disturbed. I am looking into the matter personally to see what could have gone wrong.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to me, constructive feedback from valued guests is always greatly appreciated.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This Rotana Gefinor has a wonderful calming feel about the place - from the warming signature fragrance to the luxurious but minimalist decor. The service was excellent; every single request (and I had many) was easily and quickly dealt with by a friendly world-class concierge team. The location of the hotel is fantastic - steps away from the Shopping and City Center.
I would definitly stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you found our services excellent and that all your requests were dealt with quickly.

Thank you for your nice comments about our décor and for finding our staff friendly and world-class.

We are happy that you like our location and that you would definitely stay with us again

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

With best Regards

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Remembering the guests with their habits and preferences. This is what I call good customer service, and which makes me loyal to Gefinor Rotana from my heart. I am not even talking about the good service; clean rooms and so on because it is already they as expected.
Thanks again for the good hospitality; I am recommending it to everyone who is visiting Beirut.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are happy to learn that our different services were up to your expectations. We are working hard to record all our guests preferences in order to provide a more personalized service.

Thank you too for your nice comments about our staff, rooms, and service you received.

We really appreciate your loyalty to Gefinor Rotana and thank you for recommending us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Gefinor Rotana Beirut.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

A typical Rotana hotel: very clean, great spacious rooms, great service and helpful staff. The location is perfect, very close to the Corniche and also just next to Hamra and Clemenceau areas. Pool on the rooftop and good breakfast! I have stayed here a few times myself and recommended it to friends and colleagues, who were also pleased with their stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you liked our location and found our rooms clean and spacious.

We are glad to learn that our breakfast was up to your expectations and that you found our staff helpful and our service great.

I would like to thank you for your for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Gefinor Rotana Beirut.