“Not a 5 star hotel by all means !!”

Movenpick Hotel Beirut
Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Baghdad
“Not a 5 star hotel by all means !!”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We went for eid vacation, and it was not easy to find a room, finally, our son, managed to get a room for us, the price was extreemly expensive, the Lemo came to the airport to pick us, then the trip was nice to the hotel, we entered the room, it was freezing, the hotel has no heating, and the manager after a long argument, decided that we should have a heater in the room for the price of $450 a night!!!!!!
Finally, they decreased the price and we accepted the heater, because, it was late and we where very tired.
Towels where old, no extra towels, shower cups and one slipper.
The basket they had in the room, is really funny, the fruits where old and they look that they have been there for the past week.
The morning breakfast says until 12:00, while at 10:30 they didn't allow us to get in, plus the noises of the plates was so loud, as if we are in a three star hotel.
The hotel is amazing, but, really, they need to upgrade it tobe at the level of five start.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank azouzaBaghdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
MILANO
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Nice luxurious and elegant hotel located in the new Marina residential zone pratically on the city beach. Good position close to the city center and to the airport. Rooms very clean,well equipped not too big not too small with a good insonorization. Great breakfast and nice piano bar. Beautiful outdoor swimming pool and good services in general. The only thing wrong was the custom service; I asked for a shaving kit as I forgot mine and I am still waiting for it. I asked for a late check out because my flight was at 3,30 AM and I was proposed to pay half price. (We were 3 colleagues and we reserved 3 double rooms for 2 days). In my opinion too expensive.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Almost non-existent service or concept of customer care. They got my reservation wrong and kicked me out of hotel when I tried to check-in, even though I had confirmation from them stating dates and had come off flight from Australia. Our conference was badly managed by hotel team - written guarantees were ignored, or were claimed to be our imagination. Simply awful.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pfsinoz
sao paulo
Reviewed September 16, 2009

The hotel is huge and has an outsanding infrastructure..Everything you could want in a resort ,in the heart of the city..it also has impossibly small rooms for a five star hotel..poor breakfast in a brown dark restaurant..and beautiful pool where locals gather to be and to be seen..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
California, Los Angeles
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Fantastic location. I loved the fact that the lifeguards always alert especially when the children go in the pool. I was checking the place to see if I should bring my kids next summer. I sure will after seeing the alertness level and the nice personalities the workers have.
I'm a fan and I highly recommend it to families.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Nantes
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I spent few days at the Movenpick Hotel and I really enjoyed my stay there. the service was perfect and specially the people at the reception area, smiley and helpfull and even they requested to guide me to my room.
The Bar was WOW an exceptional experience,very romantic area..
I wanted to visit to swimming Pool but i was busy but just by looking from my balcony i can see the space and relax..
Thank you very much and will be definitlty staying again in this hotel

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
East Coast
Reviewed May 28, 2009

No matter what it advertises, this Movenpick is not passionately Swiss. Sometimes the staff was friendly, prompt, and helpful. At other times it seemed as though they just couldn't be bothered. This attitude affected things ranging from my car to the airport--no one knew anything, to the stopped up sink, to the laundry delivered after 10PM, to the food service in both inside and outside facilities, to the superior smugness of the men at the front desk. The technical service and the banquet service, however, were always prepared, always friendly, and always helpful. The food was excellent as was the setting of the pools nestled on the Med. The sunsets from Hemingway's were almost enough to make me forget the inattentiveness. The setting was also great for walks and sites. Too bad that the water at the new and tiny beach was so filled with trash. One last niggle: watch out for the elevator service in the late afternoon; you don't want to be in one when the generator switches off and on.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business