“Nice experience”

Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
UAE, SHARJAH
“Nice experience”
Reviewed April 24, 2007

I started not trusting Hotel websites after visiting the Safir heliopolitan, I mean it was a bit too much exaggerated with the pic's and huge lobby.

We reached the hotel..I was surprised with the size of the lobby, when I remember I saw it larger on the website (Its amazing what photoshop does!), other than that the check-in was smooth and the room service good in speed, but not very loyal and innocent. I remember I forgot my wallet on the movable dinner table, and after calling room service to take it, they didnt even bother to return it.
I was surprised the next day to the fact the I lost my wallet until I retraced my steps and was 100 % sure that I left my wallet on the table...I called the manager in charge and started to threaten them, until they returned the wallet. Its very sad to see this behaviour in a 5 star.

Other than this incident it would be a shame if I dont recommend the Italian restaurant which was the only 5 star aspect of the hotel, I mean the food was to die for.. Excellent chef..The hotel location is good, but I will only advise you guys to keep an eye on your valuables at all times, tip everyone in the hotel so that they obey all your orders, and your well off...but next time I visit Beirut I will probably try another hotel

• Liked — the italian restaurant
  • Disliked — The room service incident
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MO666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights recently. I had a room on the 11th floor with a partial view of the Mediterranean.

The reception staff especially Wassim were very friendly and professional with quick check-in procedures.

The room was modern with a nice view and a medium-sized, well equipped bathroom.

The free coffee and tea making facilties were a nice touch and a rarity for an Arab hotel.

Their Italian restaurant ElFornayo has great food, atmosphere and great Karaoke shows.

The breakfast was just amazing, with the biggest selection I have ever seen in any hotel.

A special thanks too to Hussein the porter, not only does he have movie star looks but he's friendly as hell too.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Spacetech
Glasgow, UK
Reviewed October 22, 2005

This is not one of the usual chain hotels that dominate most cities and is only a few years old. Staff are always friendly and the location is excellent. Being opposite Raouche Rock it is a great location from which to stroll the promenade and there are many bars and restaurants close by. I have stayed here on business more than once and will return. The only downside is that the Restaurant is usually quiet but given that Lebanese restaurants are plentiful this is not a complaint. Breakfast is simply excellent.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Iain00
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 22, 2004

I've tried many hotels in Lebanon, specifically the 5-star ones. However, I kept seeing these adverts for Safir Heliopolitan which promised a little something extra - but I didn't know what.

So, I tried it. And I am lost for words! I don't think I could go anywhere else again. It's not just the actual hotel, which is very beautifully modern by the way... it was the people there. I never once saw a face that wasn't smiling - not once, not even by mistake. I was constantly called by my name- Good Morning Mrs. Malek - Yes, Mrs. Malek - like I'd been a regular there for 15 years and I'd suddenly come home again.

I should also point out how "new" everything is. I think the hotel is a couple of years old but the Suite I was in was brand new. They pamper you with little things in the room that you don't even expect.

Also, these little things that they've taken care of make such a huge difference, it's unbelievable. It wasn't until after I left that my husband and I asked each other what was so special about them and we tried to count the things we had noticed.

Of course, I shouldn't forget to mention the view. The hotel overlooks the Raouche Rock, which Lebanon is so famous for. I mean, imagine waking up everyday to that view.

We ate out often until one day, as we were asking the Guest Relations agent there about a great place to eat with very specific cuisine, she said she'd book us a table in Views, a restuarant they have on the 18th floor.

First of all, picture a restaurant on the 18th floor with glass for walls and you can see the twinkling lights of the city and the moon on the sea and of course, the Raouche Rock. Views looked so elegant and refined and the live music was so beautiful, we sat down and had what my husband and I now call "THE dinner". It was an amazing experience. The chef stepped out of his kitchen to check on us and to see if we enjoyed the food.

I felt a pang in my heart as I left the hotel but it was time to go home. On the day we left, we were given the hotel's loyalty program card, called Access. Of course, I didn't even need a loyalty card to book there again! But my husband insisted he'd use it to book for his friends.

As you can see, we loved every minute of it!

• Stayed March 2004