“First rate”

Ranked #26 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Glasgow, UK
“First rate”
Reviewed October 22, 2005

This is not one of the usual chain hotels that dominate most cities and is only a few years old. Staff are always friendly and the location is excellent. Being opposite Raouche Rock it is a great location from which to stroll the promenade and there are many bars and restaurants close by. I have stayed here on business more than once and will return. The only downside is that the Restaurant is usually quiet but given that Lebanese restaurants are plentiful this is not a complaint. Breakfast is simply excellent.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Iain00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 22, 2004

I've tried many hotels in Lebanon, specifically the 5-star ones. However, I kept seeing these adverts for Safir Heliopolitan which promised a little something extra - but I didn't know what.

So, I tried it. And I am lost for words! I don't think I could go anywhere else again. It's not just the actual hotel, which is very beautifully modern by the way... it was the people there. I never once saw a face that wasn't smiling - not once, not even by mistake. I was constantly called by my name- Good Morning Mrs. Malek - Yes, Mrs. Malek - like I'd been a regular there for 15 years and I'd suddenly come home again.

I should also point out how "new" everything is. I think the hotel is a couple of years old but the Suite I was in was brand new. They pamper you with little things in the room that you don't even expect.

Also, these little things that they've taken care of make such a huge difference, it's unbelievable. It wasn't until after I left that my husband and I asked each other what was so special about them and we tried to count the things we had noticed.

Of course, I shouldn't forget to mention the view. The hotel overlooks the Raouche Rock, which Lebanon is so famous for. I mean, imagine waking up everyday to that view.

We ate out often until one day, as we were asking the Guest Relations agent there about a great place to eat with very specific cuisine, she said she'd book us a table in Views, a restuarant they have on the 18th floor.

First of all, picture a restaurant on the 18th floor with glass for walls and you can see the twinkling lights of the city and the moon on the sea and of course, the Raouche Rock. Views looked so elegant and refined and the live music was so beautiful, we sat down and had what my husband and I now call "THE dinner". It was an amazing experience. The chef stepped out of his kitchen to check on us and to see if we enjoyed the food.

I felt a pang in my heart as I left the hotel but it was time to go home. On the day we left, we were given the hotel's loyalty program card, called Access. Of course, I didn't even need a loyalty card to book there again! But my husband insisted he'd use it to book for his friends.

As you can see, we loved every minute of it!

• Stayed March 2004