First of all, there is no doubt that Phoenicia is the one of the best hotels in Beirut in terms of their service, facilities and location. However, few majors things annoyed me during my stay at the hotel.
1. Check-In: I went to the ambassador and priority club check-in desk as I hold both cards, I was treated as a priority club member not as an ambassador and didn't get that big benefits or value from the ambassador. My room was upgraded because of my priority member not ambassador , I didn't even get the normal welcoming e.g. fruits or drinks at my room, I was really surprised from this ... So I think Phoenicia hotel is not following the minimum standard treatment and welcoming for the Ambassador members. Even the upgrade was really normal to deluxe room nothing special on the upgrade was although the hotel wasn't fully occupied and there was a good chance to offer me a better upgrade.
2. I reserved through IHG website, as per the hotel reservation # 61625180 the estimated total was $$401.50 and when I did the check-out they asked me to pay $415 with no any clarifications from their side why I have to pay this amount although I debate the receptionist lady but she say here is your bill for the first night. This is really weird I have to pay more 14 USD, I send my complaints this through the survey along with a complaint regarding the breakfast, I received a call from the manager whose responsible about the restaurant, and I told him also about this extra charge and he said for sure that someone will call you from our side as he did and also I raised this complaint to the IHG and they suggest me to raise it for the Hotel directly as I did also with NO REPLY till this moment.
I'm really disappointed about this treatment although I was expecting different treatment from them. However I will keep my loyalty to IHG especially for the Crown plaza Hotels and InterCon but not in Beirut.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea with its majesty and grandeur, Phoenicia InterContinental stands proudly at the heart of Beirut, a few minutes from the city’s business and banking district, the major shopping areas and the vibrant downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phoenicia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Beirut