“An unforgetttable hotel experience”
Review of Phoenicia Hotel

Phoenicia Hotel
Ranked #2 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is one of the many times we stayed at the Phoenicia and we are always surprised that our expectations are exceeded by the service and hospitality of this hotel. This remains to be one of the best five star hotels in the Middle East on a grand scale. The Spa and indoor pool is beautiful, and the food especially the breakfast is exceptional. We stayed for two nights and we were on the nineteenth floor with beautiful views of the Marina and the Mediterranean Sea. The staff makes you feel at home and the unexpected treats we had because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary was a delight. Well done to everyone at the Phoenicia!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lakis S
Tamara S, Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Lakis S

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure reading such an excellent post that describes in few words a full experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated, especially the comparison with the best hotels in the Middle East! We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations on all levels of service, especially during your wedding anniversary.
Once again, thank you for sharing your memorable experience and for being an ambassador for Phoenicia Beirut. We look forward to having you back soon among us.

There are newer reviews for Phoenicia Hotel

Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you go to Beirut you have to stay in this Hotel. This old hotel with a history that goes back quite a while is still in perfect shape. The interior, especially the lobby are magnificent and so is the lounge by the pool area. Besides several top notch restaurants and a stunning breakfast buffet, only beaten in the World by the one I had in Lima in the Marriott ( I guess it was a close battle though) , it also features a Night Club.

Otherwise the staff is attentive, helpful and the concierge tried to make everything possible what we wished for. We also had the pleasure of meeting the PR Manager, Maria, who also tried to enhance our stay however she could.

Make sure to get an Ocean View Room overlooking the Yacht Harbor!

Thanks for a wonderful time in this great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pip1306
Tamara S, Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear pip1306,

Thank you for your recent stay at Phoenicia Beirut. We appreciate your loyalty and feedback. It was a great pleasure to read and share your review with the Phoenicia team and in particular Maria.
We always aim in providing an authentic experience to our guests when they visit us; we were very glad to read that you got to feel this and we promise you that every visit will be a new discovery.
Again, thank you for your review and commitment to promoting Phoenicia Hotel, looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visited this hotel for a weekend in Sept 2012 and stayed for 3 days.

I loved everything about this hotel , the location , the staff and the room were all very nice . the service and the facility are one of the best i ever seen before.

All in all a very nice hotel . Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: sea view rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dinaswad

Dear dinaswad,

Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Beirut for your stay in September! It was a great pleasure to read your overall positive review and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of services and facilities.
Once again, thank you for choosing the Phoenicia Beirut and we look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have visit the Phoenicia Hotel for 3 nights with my wife, the hotel service is very good and stuff is friendly always. Hotel is very clean as well. Breakfast has an enormous selection and hotel is situated in the centre where you can easily access few places on foot. During our booking we requested a double bed but unfortunately this did not happen, never the less the stuff upgraded as to a more spacious room to compensate this mishap, in general we very satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andreas C

Dear Andreas C,
Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Beirut for your 3 nights stay! It was a great pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed our facilities, service and especially the Mosaic breakfast.
We are lucky to be situated in the hub of the city and near the best areas and top attractions. Hopefully, your next visit will be longer so you will get the chance to experience Beirut more and our Concierge team are always available to suggest places to visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon among us, and thank you again for your honest review and for promoting Phoenicia Hotel.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is a nice clean 4 star hotel. The rooms are nice and clean. The friendly front desk team upgraded my room. The room amenities are L'Occtaine. My rate included the breakfast buffet which was very nice. Everyone in the hotel is nice and friendly. Guests at the hotel can participate in the classes (yoga, pilates, aqua etc) offered at the hotel's gym.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Noush01
Tamara S, Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Noush01,

Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Hotel for your recent stay at Beirut, we really appreciate you taking the time to post such a lovely review.
It is nice to read your recommendation of the hotel and the highlights of our rooms, breakfast and location. We are lucky to be situated in the hub of the city and near the best areas and top attractions it is an advantage to us being a 5 star hotel.
Thank you again for posting your feedback and hopefully you will be visiting us back soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weeks , the location is in the city center, very convenience, the concierge was very helpful,the room is a bit small in size but it is acceptable,they supplied free bottle of water, fruits daily at your room. the room price is quite expensive, my room was including breakfast, breakfast has a lot of varieties ,everything was up to a 5 stars hotel standard.
The only complaint was the parking fee. It charged US20 per day, its ok, no argument.
However, the first day I arrived the hotel, I parked my car in their parking space, I told the door man I will leave in 2 hours.when I go to get my car later on,, they ask me to pay two hour parking fee, I told him I am the hotel guest,and no one informed me that I need to pay,I ask him how much was the charge for my car overnight parking, I was told its will be US 20, then I told him no problem, I pay US 20 for the whole day, they should not charge me that two hours parking fee.
The answer was NOT POSSBLE, although it was a small amount of money,I feel not comfortable.
If someone informed me in advance,it was US 20 for the whole day parking, why should I pay again for hourly parking?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear EdwinHongkong,

Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Beirut for your stay and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and found the overall facilities and services up to your expectations.
Please rest assured that your comments regarding our parking fees procedure were well noted, and corrective measures have been put in place. The message conveyed is unacceptable and an exception to the service we are accustomed to offering.
Once again, thank you for your honest review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon among us.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We arrived at Phoenicia around 4 pm our check-in was done immediately. When checking in my hubby told the guy working at the reception that it was our wedding anniversary and he upgraded us immediately. And during the day they brought us a handwritten note that wished us a happy life together (which was very nice and thoughtful), a basket full of rose petals and a cake saying "happy 1st anniversary". These were all meaningful considering that we haven't informed them prior of our visit.
Staff of the hotel is really helpful, they have a nice gym. Rooms were very clean.
The only con I can think of is internet was really slow, but keeping in mind that it was free I would say it was ok.
We definitely will be back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turkuaztasdemir
Tamara S, Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear turkuaztasdemir,

Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Hotel for your recent stay in Beirut.
It gave us great pleasure to read your overall positive post and we are delighted to know that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.
We would like to wish you again a Happy Anniversary and hopefully you will visit back in the near future and live the Phoenicia experience to its fullest.
Again, thank you for promoting Phoenicia Beirut.