The hotel is fine. It has all the bells and whistles. Check-in and out were smooth. The breakfast was good. The room was clean and well appointed. But there were two problems:
- the water pressure in the shower was pathetic - I comlained and it was fixed; and
- the TV kept jumping back to CNN every 3 minutes - I don't mind CNN and was only watching casually but, if you were watching another channel religiously, it would be incredibly annoying - I didn't complain until I checked out.
So, what does this mean? It means that the hotel is not checking the rooms on a regular basis.
How many people stayed in my room with its poor functionality without complaining? How many people now have a bad opinion of this hotel?
Whatever the answer, it demonstrates that hotels really need to keep on top of quality control of every room, not just those rooms surveyed by secret shoppers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea with its majesty and grandeur, Phoenicia InterContinental stands proudly at the heart of Beirut, a few minutes from the city’s business and banking district, the major shopping areas and the vibrant downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phoenicia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Beirut