“Strongly recommended”

Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun
Ranked #36 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is located in a shopping centre but is still seperate from the shopping centre if that makes sense.

Its biggest asset are its staff who remain dilligent and dedicated. It is excellent as a business hotel with good WiFI, ideal facilities and well located. Similarly I would also recommend it for families, again because of the location but also because of the shopping centre but also because of the restaurants and the mediterranean coast being in stumbling distance. Overall very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank daymannightman
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Goychay,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes!
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments you made about our hotel and staff.

It is great knowing that you are satisfied with our services and that the location of the hotel was suitable for your journey.

The Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes management is glad having such great team members who are enthusiastic about work so they can meet all your expectations.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

it was clean & comfortable with a freindly service hotel ,
far from the crowded trafic of beirut, absolutly in a very good area,
also there was a preferable shops for an interesting shopping,
nice for short term stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Maher A

Dear Maher,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes Hotel for your recent stay in Lebanon.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us your comment about hotel and staff.

It was a pleasure knowing that the cleanliness of the hotel, the shopping mall and the location were up to you expectation.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

It is a great experience to check in the holiday inn dunes, the experience of joining a great shopping mall that have a well known brands with luxurious hotel, also the great location where you have fine dinning restaurants around you. you never get bored while walking to Verdun 730 and Verdun 732 shopping centers near the hotel.

thanks
luay

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Luai H

Dear Luai,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes and for taking the time to share your kind comments about our hotel.

We are very pleased to know that staying in our hotel was a great experience for you and that you enjoyed the shopping and the location of the hotel.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Amazing location. Shopping area is very well located within walking distance. Friendly staff. I always get late checkout, as a priority Club member. I always enjoy the high speed Internet. Wireless and wired.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank midoghandour

Dear Mohamad,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes!

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about our hotel and staff.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed the internet and the late check-out as well as the location of the hotel.

We value you as a Priority Club Rewards member, and look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice tidy hotel, perfect for a short business stay. Good rates in a safe area.... with nearby starbucks, shops and a few good places to eat within walking distance, including a great sushi restaurant in the hotel.

The staff are really friendly, welcoming and accomodating and always seem happy to help.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank oneworldtraveller1
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear oneworldtraveller1,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes hotel and for taking the time to share with us your opinion concerning our hotel and staff.

It is a great pleasure knowing that you found our hotel to be tidy and that it was perfect choice for your stay in Beirut.
The value relative to the price paid is very important for us and we are glad that it was up to your expectations.

The Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes management is glad having such great team members who are enthusiastic about work so they can meet all your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes.

In the mean time, stay connected with us on daily basis trough twitter@HIBeirutDunes and trough our Facebook page: fb.me/HolidayInnBeirutDunes

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel as it was the same location of the wedding that brought me to Beirut. It's attached to a shopping center and near many business locations. As I do, a short bullet list will give you the gist and more description will follow:

Short List:
-Very charming and welcoming customer service.
-Quiet at night
-Technical difficulties due to power outages (they might need a better generator or transfer switch).
-DISCLAIMER: I didn't complain enough (I have no doubt they would have fixed my problems if I spoke up)
-Windows that open to let in fresh air (That's really nice!)
-I expected a bit more for the price I paid

Details:
Arriving at the hotel (the lobby of which looks like a storefront in a shopping centre), I was greeted with warmth and recognition. They had retained all of my details of my reservation (made through their corporate website) and all went smoothly. Any further encounter with the staff of the hotel, concierge, laundry, housekeeping and room service, were of the same vein. Everyone treated me as a family guest rather than a customer. I don't know if it's a Lebanon thing but each staff member I encountered took a bit of time to relate as a person. I frequently felt as if I was staying with friends or family rather than a hotel.

I heard that, in order to sleep in Beirut, one needs to bring earplugs. I left in a hurry and neglected to bring mine (I usually travel with them). As it turns out, I didn't need them very much. I spent much of my time out and about until the wee hours of the morning, frequently going to bed at 4 or 5 am (I'll be working night shifts when I get home from this trip so this is "part of the plan"). Even so, I was not awakened by noises inside or outside the hotel. I slept very well. For a hotel, that means a lot.

Sections of Beirut often lose power. This happened several times during my stay (& about 8 times during the wedding I attended) and the power to my room would go out for a bit. This wasn't a problem in itself except that when the power came back ON, the television, which faces the bed, would come on completely, as if I had turned it on myself.

I don't watch television and to be woken up after only 2-3 hours of sleep by a bright shining and blaring television is not at all pleasant. Furthermore, no matter what I set my thermostat to, it would blow arctic air out of the vent. I could set the thermo to 27C and a few hours later I'd be chattering my teeth and the room would read at 16C. I guessed that it was a consequence of all the power spikes that happen every day.

Now, let me explain my DISCLAIMER: I didn't contact the front desk or anyone about these problems. Honestly, for me, they were not enough of a nuisance to invest the time to get them fixed. the weather was mild enough to allow me to shut off the AC from time to time and, as a shift worker in emergency response for 20 years, I'm used to having my sleep interrupted. However, based on my interactions with the rest of the staff, I felt they would have sorted my problems out right away. In fact, on my first night, I couldn't turn OFF the television. I called the desk and a technician was at my door in less than 5 minutes.

I love fresh air. It was often lovely to open my room window and get a fresh breeze and hear the waves crashing in the distance. Hermetically sealed hotels always give me the creeps.

I booked this hotel without really shopping around. I chose it because: 1. It was where the wedding was held, 2. I was a rewards cardholder and 3. I was too busy/lazy/preoccupied to do any research. Though I'm not completely dissatisfied overall, my friends who came for the same wedding got similar experiences at other hotels for much less money. Thinking back to my stays in other countries at other Holiday Inns, I've paid a bit less in more expensive countries for the same hotel.

Final Recommendation:
This is a fine hotel with a couple good restaurants and a LOVELY bar/lounge. It's also in a part of Beirut that is relatively quiet, even on the weekends. It's a bit on the pricey end of the price vs. value scale for a solo or vacation traveler but the hospitality and service I found here makes all the difference.

Room Tip: A non-smoking room really is a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael C
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Michael C,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes hotel and for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Congratulations to the couple who got married and we sincerely hope it was a great wedding.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed a good night sleep, though, we apologize for the inconvenience that took place with lose of power and the thermostat. We would have wanted for you to contact us in order to fix these problems to make it a more pleasant stay for you in our hotel.

It is a great pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the Escapade restaurant and the VIP Lounge in our property.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My client reserved the Holiday Inn Dunes for me during a business trip this week and found the hotel to be comfortable, centrally located and clean. Staff were very helpfull too. The fact that there is a shopping centre within the hotel area is also very convenient. No hesitation to recommend this hotel for anybody travelling on business or for a holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Caroline M
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Caroline M,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for taking the time to share with us your opinion concerning our hotel and staff.

It is nice to read your recommendation of the hotel, we are very pleased to know that you found our hotel to be comfortable and very well located.

It is a great pleasure knowing that our staff was able to respond to your needs during your stay and we thank you once again for recommending our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,