“Good Practical Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Practical Hotel”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in Holiday in Beirut for work for 2 nights. The location is excellent with lots of restaurants and cafes. It was very close to my office in Beirut so the commute was very easy (just 5 min walk).

The breakfast was basic(breads and coffee) and closed due to Ramadan and you had to order beforehand. They didn't communicate this, thus I found an empty buffet and no time to order and eat.

The rooms are good sized and clean and internet is for free. The in-room dining is average so I recommend walking down to the street as there are some excellent restaurants adjacent to the hotel.

There are better and more expensive choices of hotels in Beirut for holiday travelers but surely Holiday in Beirut is a good hotel for the price you pay for the stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Qindeel
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Qindeel,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for taking the time to share with us your opinion concerning our hotel and staff.

It is great knowing that you liked our rooms as well as the free WIFI service.

We are very pleased to know that the hotel’s location was suitable for your journey. The Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes team is striving to achieve a high level of guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to see you in the very near future.

fb.me/HolidayInnBeirutDunes

Jamil Bakhos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn Dunes several times between October 2011 and June 2012 while on business trips and it has become one of my favourites in Beirut and Lebanon.

The location is quite convenient as it is part of the Dunes shopping centre which contains a few cinema screens, cafes and shops, and it is surrounded by restaurants, cafes and shopping centres along the trendy Verdun street. It is also close to the sea side and the "corniche" so you can take a stroll along the seaside street at nights (this street is packed with eateries and cafes).

The hotel staff are all very friendly and welcoming, the rooms are lovely, clean, quiet and cozy, and the beds are soooo comfortable. I especially enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the wide variety it offered.

I recommend this hotel for both business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BasselH
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear BasselH,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

It is a great pleasure knowing that the location of our hotel was suitable for your journey and that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast at the Escapade Restaurant.

I was delighted to read your comments concerning our friendly and welcoming staff. The Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes management is glad having such great team members who are enthusiastic about work so they can meet all your expectations.

We are delighted to have you as a repeated guest in our hotel! The Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes team considers you part of its family!

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel…

fb.me/HolidayInnBeirutDunes

Doha
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a short vacation, it wasn't bad at all.

Its located in a very nice street which is considered upscale in Beirut, you have pretty much everything around you. The hotel is also part of a shopping complex, with cinemas, arcade and a bowling alley.

The breakfast was average i my opinion, and prices can be a little better.

The rooms like all Holiday Inn rooms were nicely designed and spacious, checking in and out took a little more time than expected but overall I would definitely go for this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hassin A
, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Hassin A,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

We would like to thank you for the kind comments you made about our hotel.

It is a great pleasure knowing that the location of the hotel was suitable for your journey and that the facilities in our hotel meet your expectations and needs.

In the mean time, stay connected with us on daily basis trough twitter@HIBeirutDunes and trough our Facebook page: fb.me/HolidayInnBeirutDunes

Hope to see you in the very near future!

Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Reviewed June 30, 2012

it's my second stay in Holiday Inn Dunes and can shout loud that the hotel performance / services provided in comparison to its rate is amazing.
Staff welcoming, classy lobby / suite rooms wide and neat with wonderful pillows.
I enjoyed with my wife the delicious breakfast.
The most of all the manager comes himself and welcome you and gives you his business card for any complain.
i will strongly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent captain suites
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ANTOUN D
, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear ANTOUN D,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities, services and especially the Breakfast at Escapade Restaurant.

Please know that we shared your 5 star review with our team.

Let me express our gratitude and appreciation for your recommendation of the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed June 27, 2012

To be very honest I feel whenever I stay in this hotel that I stay with my family I feel I am in my home I am a regular visiter to this hotel for last 4 years at least 2 to three time a month I visit Lebanon and Stay in this hotel. I highly appreciated all Staff and managment for their superb and excellent services they provided to me especially Mr. Elie Farahat Desk manager I normally make my booking dirct through him. Wish all the best for this Hotel and their staff and Managament..

Room Tip: Almost all rooms very good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mohammed A
, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Mohammed A,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

We would like to thank you for sharing your kind comments on trip advisor!

It is a great pleasure knowing you and having you as a repeated guest in our hotel! We at the Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes team consider you part of our family!

Please note that we shared your warm comments with the rest of the team.

It makes us proud knowing you enjoy your stays in Lebanon and especially in our hotel!!

Looking forward to welcome you back soon at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My stay was perfect starting from the staff, location, room, cleanliness, breakfast...
Everything was nearby, Verdun is full of restaurants, all kind of boutiques, coffee shops!
Felt very comfortable because of the kids activities within the hotel!
I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Tamaraman
, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Tamaraman,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

We would like to thank you for the kind comments you made about our hotel and staff. It was a pleasure reading a straight forward post that summarizes the great experience you had in the Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes Hotel!

It makes us proud knowing you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make it a perfect one!!

Looking forward to see you in the very near future.

France
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is meant to be in chic part of town but overall rather disappointing for a high price tag. Room was comfortable but small and overheated. Street noise was a problem - noisy motorbikes in the middle of the night, lots of traffic during the day. Breakfast was fine, room service food was not great. Hotel totally lacked atmosphere - attached to a shopping centre and no views of anything let alone the sea.

It was convenient for business but would not consider for any other purpose.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AliMichel
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Dunes Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion concerning our hotel and staff.

Rest assured that we strive our best to please our guests and guarantee a great stay, we will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes, where every member of the Hotel’s team will do his utmost to make your stay a memorable one.

Looking forward to see you in the near future.