“Extremely friendly staff!”

Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Extremely friendly staff!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I think what makes this hotel the best is the very friendly service that I got. I’ve been to other hotels in the Middle East but none had the friendliness of the staff that works in this hotel. Everyone had a big smile when they greeted you; especially, Sara and Tarek from reception, Guy and Wael of the breakfast buffet and Nassimah of housekeeping. Anything that I asked for, I got within minutes. For example, when I had a problem operating the stove on the first day, within minutes someone was there to help me.
In addition, the breakfast buffet had more varieties than I could possibly eat and the view from the Patio at the roof was just breathtaking!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We are so grateful to know that the friendly attitude of our staff makes us unique and different from other hotels in the area. I will surely share your review with the staff since your feedback and compliments are very important for us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts once again and hopefully we will see you soon in your second home.

Ihab Kanawati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have been to Beirut many times and stayed many different hotels there, specially Hamra so to start with Hamra is well known for being a very noisy area, however you will not have a problem with the street noise at this hotel. You simply don't hear it. On top of that the beds are just amazing!
Everything is at walking distance. You are right in the middle between Hamra and Verdun, 2 of the nicest areas in the city. Finding a cab or "service" to go to other areas like downtown is very easy too.
The pool is something apart. Just beautiful and the view over the city is amazing. Nowhere else you can get the view. The mattresses at the pool are wide and soft, not your average you expect in hotel pools. Everything very clean and well maintained.
The room was really nice, spacious, modern decorated with flat TV, and sparkling clean. The kitchen was very well equipped, just like a a good home kitchen with everything you need.
The hotel staff is very friendly and always ready to help with anything you need, specially the stuff at the breakfast, always making an effort to make sure everything is nice (Thank you Guy!)
The GM must be proud of his hotel and his staff!
I will be back in Beirut in June and for sure I'm staying at Staybridge again for sure! this is my new home in Beirut ,i love it frans

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank fransamsterdam123
Dear Valued Guest,

To start with, I truly admire your wonderful comments and for that, I deeply thank you for the sharp and detailed description of Staybridge Suites property. Your honest feedback plays a very important role in our success.

We are so proud of being able to deliver our services as per the standards and satisfying our guests’ needs. In addition to that, we would like to thank you for considering Staybridge Suites Beirut as your new home away from home.

Looking forward for your next visit in June...

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My second time here... The whole entire team is beyond amazing and I can't believe how much they bend over backwards to ensure you are happy and comfortable. StayBridge Team, you rock! Make sure you schedule time for breakfast, even if it's just to say hi to the awesome team there. Guy makes a pretty awesome coffee (that's coming from someone that doesn't normally drink coffee). Truly the most comfortable place I've ever stayed at and can't wait to come back.........

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having selected our hotel once again for your visit to Beirut and for taking the time to post your inspired comments.
We are extremely delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay, the friendly team, the food and the hotel culture as a whole.
We are really looking forward for your next visit in your second home away from home…

Best Regards

Ihab Kanawati,
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed there for 10 nights towards the end of April. Looking at all the reviews that were written before me, I really do not know how much more I can add. Of course the location is very convenient to every where in Beirut. We walked pretty much most of the time . we stayed in a one bed room apt, that was very nicely furnished and quite spacious, the kitchen was very well equipped. The whole lay out of the hotel, the nice swimming pool and the beautiful view from the roof were all amazing. But to me what made our stay special and enjoyable was the staff that greeted us with an authentic smile and welcome every time they saw us and were responsive to every request we had. Tarek, Rabi, Maysa, Sara, and Elie ( forgive me if I missed some other names) were really outstanding hosts. The cleaning staff were very good too. As for the breakfast, that definitely was the highlight of the morning. Guy greeted us every morning with a smile and looked as if so happy to see us . The buffet was better than any breakfast buffet we have had in other similar suites . Both cold and hot items were displayed very nicely and the area kept very clean.

Another plus the price of our stay was reasonable for what was offered.

I also have to mention that when a minor problem with the Ac unit surfaced, it was promptly attended to. Finally I commend the general manager, Ihab, for running a tight ship.

We will definatly return.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors as the view is much nicer and of course it is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all and on behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your cheerful and honest feedback. I will surely share your review with the whole staff.

At Staybridge Suites, we focus on delivering great service to ensure guest satisfaction and we make certain that every concern is our concern. We always make sure that the team responds to all requests promptly in order to reveal professionalism and dedication.

We look forward to accommodate you again during your next visit to Beirut.

We truly remain respectally yours,

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We booked the Staybridge Suites solely on their number 1 rating on Tripadvisor, and it was an excellent decision. The suites were wonderful - kitchen, living room, furnished balcony, comfortable bedroom and lovely bathroom. We could happily have lived there for ever! The staff and location were superb, and Guy, the staff member at breakfast was outstanding - charming and attentive. Definitely a wonderful place to stay - we'd suggest not wasting your time even looking at anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Beirut. Our entire team is delighted to learn that you’ve enjoyed your overall experience with us. Your wish is ours; have you stay with us forever…

Thank you for complimenting the hotel's facilities, services and attentiveness of the staff. We will always be ready to deliver a memorable stay to our guests and that’s a promise.
I'd like to thank you again for choosing our hotel to stay in when visiting Beirut, and I look forward to welcoming you back to your second home in the very near future!

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I'm not one for doing reviews however I had to do so on this trip as I was totally blown away in every aspect! Being our first trip to Beirut and also our first trip with our 8 months old baby, we didn't know what to expect but once arriving at the hotel, the first impressions were amazing! The staff immediately made you feel welcome and even the kid totally took to them !!
Rooms are very spacious, well furnished and equipped with whatever you can need,
a free excellent internet connections is available in every spot inside the hotel..location is just perfect, very close Hamra main street and not as crowded as it, so you can reach the hotel more easily.
The most amazing thing is the hotel staff !! they were always beyond expectations, I'd like to personally thank Rabieh, Tarek, Elie, and Sarah
as it was my first visit to Beirut, they were always there for any help. they were searching, calling, booking tours and restaurants on my behalf....you can feel that you're dealing with dear friends, I sought their help too many times and each suggestion they gave was just perfect.
t's difficult to add any more to what has already been said, but believe the reviews - this place is fantastic, thank you SBS for the good times you gave to me and my family, you will definitely be our first choice in our next visit to Beirut.

Room Tip: A high floor room with sea and mountain view, Amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for staying at Staybridge Suites Beirut, and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent visit with your family

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and our team’s service was beyond expectations.. Our staff is always ready to deliver flawless services, so we can ensure that our guests experience memorable stays. We do look forward to accommodate you in the very near future and we truly appreciate considering Staybridge Suites Beirut as your preferred hotel

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the Staybridge in Beirut in mid April 2014 for 3 nights and have only but praise for this hotel and its staff. Most of the staff you see on the hotel website are still working in the hotel including Rambo (see other posts for this hotel). Rambo has had a haircut since the website photos, but it was undeniably him. Rambo, Tarek, Sarah all made me understand what Lebanese hospitality is all about.

- The hotel room was spacious, with its own kitchen area including cutlery and dishwasher
- Most of the rooms seem to have balconies with provide great views over Beirut. Great to sit on the balcony at the end of a hard day touring lebabon.
- The showers are excellent and very powerful
- Internet is consistant and excellent.
- The modern design of the hotel is at odds with most of the surroundings. Beirut itself is quite chatotic with lots of beeping cars.
- The roof top pool is amazing, though could idealy be a bit longer.
- Breakfast is good... not quite the range you would find at a conventional 5 star hotel but generally very good.
- I like the fact that you can pop down at anytime to grab a coffee / tea from the mezannine lounge area.
- The laundry room in the basesment saved me wads of cash. They have 4 washing machines and 4 dryers. All you have to provide is the detergent.
- Just down the street you have one of Beiruts must try fast food places called Barbar which serves excellent lebanese juices, sandwiches and ice creams
- There is a mosque down the street and you are no more than a 20 minute walk to the Arouche, Corniche.
- I had hired a hire car at the airport and the hotel has ample parking in the basement (though there is a small charge). Be prepared for your car to the thoroughly checked each time you enter the car park... but this is the same for all hotels in Beirut.

Book with confidence. From what I saw of the other hotels in Beirut, this was one of the best.... and if you can do without some of the pomp / crystal chandeliers of conventional 5 star hotels, then you will be very happy with the Staybridge.

After a few days,... it really does feel like home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and you should get it. The views are breathtaking.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you so much for your review. You have really made us proud and even happier that you have given us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time and efforts to write this fantastic review about the hotel facilities and the staff. We do appreciate your positive feedback and comments as your kind words have brought us all the pride and satisfaction.

We will always be pleased to welcome you back, hopefully soon, to your second home away from home in Beirut.