“A Must Try!”

St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An escape from the dreary restaurant grind, St. Elmo's serves elevated pub grub in a retro-urban seaside setting. Packed with 'crowd pleasing fare', the look is simultaneously rough and quaint, in a struggling-artist sort of way. The restaurant owes it's name to St. Erasmus of Formiae, the patron saint of sailors who is affectionately known as St. Elmo's. Attempts at culinary categorization are futile since St. Elmo's is more seasonal and inventive than Beirut's best brasseries but cheaper and more accessible than what you find at the great bastions of haute cuisine. Specializing in down-home dishes like rich and gooey 'Mac & Cheese', the 'Classic Fish & Chips' and a plethora of other sudo-traditional foodstuffs, St. Elmo's has managed to capture the elusive mix of style and spirit of 'the perfect day at the beach'.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Decided to go to St. Elmo's last Sunday night with friends, after so many people recommended we go check it out! & they were totally right!

The courtesy of their service was amazing! Waiters were smiley and friendly, but never over imposing. They were very helpful by recommending which plates to try, for there were too many luscious options on the menu! ;)
I finally went for a Fish & Chips plate, which was the best I ever had in Lebanon. They were exactly like the same ones you'd expect to have in London! They were served with mushy peas, and (my own favorite) tartar sauce, & yummy home-made style fries.. The texture of the fish was amazing.
For a desert, I went for their all famous soft center Chocolate Chip Cookie, which came in the same old-fashioned pot in which it was baked, topped with a scoop of Vanilla Bean ice-cream... It was pure delight.. I got nothing more to describe it..
As a side drink, I chose their own version of Bloody Mary (which never was a favorite of mine), but since I'm a sucker for seafood, and this one was topped with a shrimp and a mussel, I just couldn't resist! Everyone should try it, it truly is unique ;)

I'd recommend St. Elmo's to everyone visiting Beirut.. Keep up the good work you guys! your food, service & decoration rock! ;)

1  Thank Hibakhalil

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I assure to you that the perfect time to feel this whole "shipping journey" is to come when the sun is setting down! Nothing is more beautiful than watching the sun waving you goodbye as it sinks in the sea, and as you are enjoying nibbling on some steamed and tossed EDAMAME in coarse salt, lemon zests &togarashi peppers.Or sneaking some Summer Rolls made from cold shrimp &wild greens wrapped in rice paper, served with a crunchy peanut dip.

Not to forget the mason jars that gives it a real illusion that I was on a actual ship, otherwise what is better to avoid the candle falling than putting it in a mason jar or you spilling your drink than drinking from it?

And if you want to be brave enough and jump off the deck of your comfort ship, try the BLACK CARPACCIO made from old-cured Black Angus Tenderloin topped with arugula, freshartichoke hearts, fennel & shaved parmesan with a balsamic caramel!

If you want to sail back to the sea, try the tasty salmon tartar served on a bed of home-made crème. And why not some lobsters? NEW ENGLAND LOBSTER ROLL Nova Scotia lobster, watercress and a home-made aioli.
And if you still embarking in this journey, don't miss out the FAMOUS FISH &CHIPS, mediterranean bass served with mushy peas and home-made tartar sauce.

The size is bigger when you order. THis is a tasting sample :)
Ask the fisher about his catch and you will get the fish of the day!
And if you are planning on decking your ship back to your homeland, try a familiar plate such as mac&cheese or ST. ELMO’S BURGER, 250g of USDA Prime topped with aged cheddar and a side of creamy slaw!

Miniburgers to be tasted ( They are much bigger when you order them!)

Try the PANZENELLA made from Barrel feta, heirloom tomatoes, radish, spanish onions, black olivetapenade, wild herbs, day-old bread & olive oil lemon dressing

Above all, the sailing wont be complete if you missed out the scrumptious desserts!
SOFT CENTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE Oven baked , topped with vanilla bean ice cream.

And the FRIED MARS BAR... How will I explain its taste? It is a must

And did I tell how much useful and informative the waiters were? They know the menu very well. Something that I look for in waiters. I love it when they explain what everything is made for. It suggests that you are all ears to you and they know what is going around in the kitchen!

2  Thank Loulwa
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I don't know what people are talking about there taking there visit to st Elmo's way too seriously. The last time I went there I had a great time maybe because the sangerias were delicious the food was tasty got myself a tan as well sitting outside on there beautiful terrace. It's honestly a great hangout place good food friendly service and last but not least thee hottest owner/ manager! ;)

1  Thank Najwan M
St Elmos B, Owner at St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Najan M,

We love having you!!. Thank you for taking the time to put a smile on our face. Hope to see you sooooon.

C.E.O, St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Decided to go with a group of friends to St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie at Zaitunay Bay, I visit this place on a regular basis.

The guys have a huge promotion campaign for open mussels on Monday. And that's what happened:

- The manager was not sure they can serve us mussels.
- After waiting for 10 minutes he said that we can take the open mussels offer.
- We ordered 2 open mussels orders along with many others and waited another 22 minutes for our orders.
- The mussels smelled like pee and completely tasteless.
-The waiter kept insisting that they receive the mussels on Saturday and it's still fresh.
- I sent one mussels dish back and requested the fish and ships. The fish and ships arrived completely raw .
- After the apologies of the waiter I got another fish and ships after a while.
- I asked to see the manager and he didn't know the fish came raw ( what a communication)
- We order a chicken dish that came so dry.
-we ordered ketchup (just simple ketchup) 3 times ! and the dip came when it was too late.
-The waiter finally admitted that the shipment of mussels was no a good shipment. (if the shipment was at their restaurant 2 days ago it's kind of late to discover it's damaged already by today)

I was asked by our server if I will come again. I will never step into this place again! I can't imagine that it's for the same owners that own the number one steakhouse in Lebanon.
I visited TripAdvisor.com and researched the restaurant out of curiosity terrible reviews.

I love this place and I am so sorry for the guys!

Good morning Fadi,

Nothing that happened with your table last night is acceptable. Being someone that visits our place regularly, you should know that your experience last night was not common place. We are taking your comments extremely seriously, and it is our only priority today to make sure this never happens again. I am sending you a personal email with my contact details. I would appreciate if you could call me on it to help me understand a little more of what happened.

C.E.O, St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Went there for brunch on a sunday...Despite the fact that the place only had one other table (where the people seemed as unhappy), service was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E....food even worse!
Bread was stale...Scrambled eggs were cold & way over cooked...baked beans, not even a spoonful...potatoes, soaked in oil
Asked for a bellini...got a kir royal..
Asked for Mimosa's...not even made with fresh orange juice...
We were 6... They forgot to place the order for one of us and said we never ordered!
All the waiters seemed confused and in some kind of a daze...Useless!

Never again!!

Dear Natasha1980,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at St. Elmo's. Your feedback was taken very seriously by everyone in our team and we always work very hard to make sure that our valued guests have the best experience. I'd like to assure you that this was an isolated incident and we're following through so that this doesn't reoccur.

Best Regards,