“Very pleasant afternoon”

St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An escape from the dreary restaurant grind, St. Elmo's serves elevated pub grub in a retro-urban seaside setting. Packed with 'crowd pleasing fare', the look is simultaneously rough and quaint, in a struggling-artist sort of way. The restaurant owes it's name to St. Erasmus of Formiae, the patron saint of sailors who is affectionately known as St. Elmo's. Attempts at culinary categorization are futile since St. Elmo's is more seasonal and inventive than Beirut's best brasseries but cheaper and more accessible than what you find at the great bastions of haute cuisine. Specializing in down-home dishes like rich and gooey 'Mac & Cheese', the 'Classic Fish & Chips' and a plethora of other sudo-traditional foodstuffs, St. Elmo's has managed to capture the elusive mix of style and spirit of 'the perfect day at the beach'.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I don't know what people are talking about there taking there visit to st Elmo's way too seriously. The last time I went there I had a great time maybe because the sangerias were delicious the food was tasty got myself a tan as well sitting outside on there beautiful terrace. It's honestly a great hangout place good food friendly service and last but not least thee hottest owner/ manager! ;)

1  Thank Najwan M
St Elmos B, Owner at St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Najan M,

We love having you!!. Thank you for taking the time to put a smile on our face. Hope to see you sooooon.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Decided to go with a group of friends to St. Elmo's Seaside Brasserie at Zaitunay Bay, I visit this place on a regular basis.

The guys have a huge promotion campaign for open mussels on Monday. And that's what happened:

- The manager was not sure they can serve us mussels.
- After waiting for 10 minutes he said that we can take the open mussels offer.
- We ordered 2 open mussels orders along with many others and waited another 22 minutes for our orders.
- The mussels smelled like pee and completely tasteless.
-The waiter kept insisting that they receive the mussels on Saturday and it's still fresh.
- I sent one mussels dish back and requested the fish and ships. The fish and ships arrived completely raw .
- After the apologies of the waiter I got another fish and ships after a while.
- I asked to see the manager and he didn't know the fish came raw ( what a communication)
- We order a chicken dish that came so dry.
-we ordered ketchup (just simple ketchup) 3 times ! and the dip came when it was too late.
-The waiter finally admitted that the shipment of mussels was no a good shipment. (if the shipment was at their restaurant 2 days ago it's kind of late to discover it's damaged already by today)

I was asked by our server if I will come again. I will never step into this place again! I can't imagine that it's for the same owners that own the number one steakhouse in Lebanon.
I visited TripAdvisor.com and researched the restaurant out of curiosity terrible reviews.

I love this place and I am so sorry for the guys!

Good morning Fadi,

Nothing that happened with your table last night is acceptable. Being someone that visits our place regularly, you should know that your experience last night was not common place. We are taking your comments extremely seriously, and it is our only priority today to make sure this never happens again. I am sending you a personal email with my contact details. I would appreciate if you could call me on it to help me understand a little more of what happened.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Went there for brunch on a sunday...Despite the fact that the place only had one other table (where the people seemed as unhappy), service was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E....food even worse!
Bread was stale...Scrambled eggs were cold & way over cooked...baked beans, not even a spoonful...potatoes, soaked in oil
Asked for a bellini...got a kir royal..
Asked for Mimosa's...not even made with fresh orange juice...
We were 6... They forgot to place the order for one of us and said we never ordered!
All the waiters seemed confused and in some kind of a daze...Useless!

Never again!!

Dear Natasha1980,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at St. Elmo's. Your feedback was taken very seriously by everyone in our team and we always work very hard to make sure that our valued guests have the best experience. I'd like to assure you that this was an isolated incident and we're following through so that this doesn't reoccur.

Best Regards,

C.E.O, St. Elmo's Brasserie

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Went with a group of friends. We ordered our meal and the waiter didn't repeat the order. When the food came, he forgot my dish. What was worse was the waiter said I didn't even order anything!

One of the waiters brought food to our table, then a few minutes later realized that it wasn't for us but for another table. Came back and picked up the food from our table and took it to the correct table. I saw the customer there declined the food! Smart move! I can't believe that the waiter even had the nerve to take it from our table to theirs!

Bread was stale. My food, I ordered an eggs Benedict, was greasy and not that tasty. I also ordered one of their bloody Mary's that was meant to come with an oyster and a shrimp. When it came, the waiter said there were no shrimps and then I told him to bring me another oyster.

Service was very average too. Restaurant was empty and I saw a group of 4-5 waiters hanging around the bar. Our waiter who initially took our order disappeared during the entire meal.

They need to work on food and service. Not sure if I'll be going back anytime soon. Sorry.

Dear Global_Nomad_...,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We can assure you that we have taken your comments very seriously and have been working tirelessly on everything that you have mentioned in your post. We would love to hear about your next experience at St. Elmo's.

Joey Ghazal,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went here for brunch on a Sunday and it was a meal great, from the friendly greeting at the door to the little touches in the place. We tried the poached eggs, pancakes and French toast. All great. And the bloody mary is a must-try here!

1  Thank reemk

Dear Reemk,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our Brunches!. It really makes all of our hard work worth the while :). Please introduce yourself when you next decide to visit us.