“Indian Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant is in The Palm Beach Hotel, It is by far in my experience the best most accommodating of Indians. They will really spice it up for you and even make things, If they have the ingreidients that are not on the menu! Try very spicey Lamb Jalfreizi its excellent ! Naan bread is also the best I have eaten in a long time, also they have a mango chutney - you need to ask for this which is delicious! Well worth a visit. We have made it our Friday night regular!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Samantha B

Dubai
“Closest to Indian food outside India/the GCC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Been to the restaurant a twice during my 3 week stay in Beirut to get my fix of Indian food. There is no need to make a reservation as the restaurant seems to be fairly empty on weekdays and decently occupied over weekends. The ambience is pleasant, prices reasonable (USD10 to 15 a main dish) and now for the food...
- stick to the basics, i.e. butter chicken (sweetish but pretty good) and chicken tikka masala (spicy - even by Indian standards) and thou shall not be dissappointed.
- go exotic, i.e kebabs / lamb dishes and thou shall be dissappointed - if you benchmark against Indian food offered in India/Dubai. You are in Lebanon, and its harsh to compare it with what we get back in Dubai/India.
- Biryani - its more a pullao with chicken thrown in so do not expect a biryani in its true form.
- Preffered the roti over the naan as the naan was too thick for my liking.

Overall - given the options availabale, I would recommend it for decent Indian food and would go back when I am back in Beirut.

I have been once to the 'posher' Moti Mahal at Zaitounay Bay and close to Al-Hindi, which is comparatively steeper (main dishes start at USD22), but the food is nothing to write home about... For food, it is Al-Hindi for me.

• Visited May 2012