“Poor service - no atmosphere” 2 of 5 bubbles

Eau De Vie
Ranked #106 of 791 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Eau De Vie design was inspired by couture fashion to be sexy, modern and glamorous. It has a plush, sleek interior with the bar at centre stage, a mouth watering selection of wine and cigars, and an impressive new wine tasting room and walk in humidor. Located on the 11th floor of the Phoenician Tower, it boasts magnificent panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea.
Beirut, Lebanon
“Poor service - no atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

One would reasonably expect a restaurant located in a 5 star hotel to boast excellent service and food.

I have to say that Eau de vie, located at the Intercontinental Phoenicia, disappoints on the two fronts.

Let me start by pointing out that customer service is almost nonexistent: No one from the restaurant's management bothers to respond to queries by phone or to emails for special dining events that the hotel often organizes (a sure way to induce potential customers not to come...).

The room of the restaurant is located at the top floor and is IMMENSE. It certainly is useful for weddings, but in any normal circumstance, it gives a complete lack of atmosphere.

Food is average and pricey.

Service: Please, PLEASE, do train your waiters. We had to repeat our choice of menu three times to our waiter (who might well have been trying to shame us into taking the most expensive menu).
When ordering wine, the waiter did not bother opening the bottle in front of us and even forgot to serve us, leaving our bottle in a far away table.

It is my third time at this restaurant and I would have thought that things would have improved after their recent overhaul. I was wrong.

Conclusion: it is an expensive restaurant, with little atmosphere, poor service and average food.
Hence: not recommended.

If you are into gastronomic cuisine, head to 'Chez Sophie' instead.

• Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
“OK but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Not many people in and the way the tables are arranged, not much chance of any atmosphere. Food was good and service was OK. Staff communication was lacking and some comments were inappropriate for this level of restaurant. Not really good value for money. Will try somewhere else next time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“One of the best...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Enjoyable place: food, drinks, settings, service; all high caliber. I have been there twice already and never been disappointed.

Prices are a bit disproportionate.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Eau De Vie the worst dining experience I have had in a long time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Eau De Vie is a restaurant that has all the perspectives of a superb 5 star restaurant. At a first glance you see the modern design, the luxurious setting and not to forget the nice location. So the first impression is nice but management and training of the staff can ruin any venue. A week ago While on vacation I was invited by a lady friend of my mom and 1 other to dinner at Eau de vie. We had a reservation they sat us they had a special chef from the Dorchester hotel in England for the theme of the Queen Jubilee. So as soon as we sat we hear a loud confrontation of words happening between our waiter and another waiter in plain sight. Then the menus are distributed; time to order same waiter that was having a fight with his colleague starts to take our orders from the set menu. My mom wanted a medium rare filet the waiter tells her I can’t get you a medium rare it will come out well done my mom asked him puzzled what do you mean by that he again told her that it will come out well done and she again told him that the only way she will eat it is if its medium rare. He started to get loud trying to press her for what he stated then I had to interject and told him to go get his manager since he was being arrogant and disrespectful of her. He went and got his manager the manager apologized for the waiter took down our order finally the filet came it was actually seared and raw and extremely salty but we ate it because at that point we were starving the main waiter was sent back to serve us I was astonished that they would send the guy we had a problem with. Then the lady that invited us had to complain and by chance the food and beverage manager was walking around she told him what just happened and then he sent his manager to give us Champaign we didn’t accept it then he got us some cocktails to mend things over. I myself and I am sure many of my friends will not ever go there any longer the waiting staff is disrespectful the food is salty and under cooked it was a very bad experience. It’s really bad for them the hotel is such a great location so is the restaurant. I feel they really need to train the waiting staff and management better to have a satisfying experience for their guests. One last note I loved the entertainment that was fortunately the best thing on the menu.

• Visited June 2012
“romance in teh air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

A dazzling view of the yacht club with great international cuisine, and a service that is truly 5 stars no less, take your date and you will defiantly impress her

Visited April 2012