“If you love wine you will love cru...”
Review of Cru Wine Bar

Cru Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 972 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: CRU is a lighthearted Wine Bar located in the Liban Post building on Makdessi Street in Hamra. It is a warm and cozy place where people of all ages can come to enjoy a glass of wine or share a delicious meal in a friendly and romantic setting. We offer our customers some of the best wines being produced by boutique wineries across Lebanon and a selection of fine wines from around world complemented by an exquisite menu of French-oriented cuisine. At CRU, however, we understand that people have a choice of where to eat and drink and this is why we pride ourselves on the personalized and warm service provided by our professional staff. CRU is an ideal place for a romantic evening. It is a place where friends can gather to socialize, drink and have a delicious meal. It is also the perfect setting for anniversaries, birthdays and corporate functions.
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Our favourite place in Beirut. The wines are delicious, the service is like a 5 star hotel but without the snootiness or the price tag. The staff here provide the highest level of service, they recommended wines based on our taste and let us sample from their vast selection. I can highly recommend the Syrian white, that's if they have any left! We polished off quite a few bottles! This matches their calamari plate fantastically. Don't go to beirut without missing out on this trendy, relaxed hamra wine bar. We look forward to re visiting soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was introduced to Cru by a friend of mine when I was working in lebanon for a project. Cru was just opened that time and I got hooked. I stopped going to any place else except Cru. I found the service is excellent, the food is delicious, the wine selection is really good and the vibe is amazing. The owners, wael and Karen, are so friendly and great host.
It's a must to visit cru and try their food selection when you are in Lebanon
Love this place

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A very interesting and cozy place to have a good glass of wine on a chilled night. Setting is very warm and gives a homy feel. The service is very good and the food is exceptional.

It is definately a Place to visit in every trip to Beirut.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Cru is one of my favorite places to visit when I'm in Beirut. Other than the wonderful selection of wine and food (I would recommend the grilled calamari and the steak), the service is the reason why I keep coming back. The place is owned by a young married couple who make everyone feel at home.

Go there if you're looking for a cozy, warm place to have a nice dinner and a glass of wine.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you're looking for a romantic and quiet place, with a fancy ambiance and friendly staff in Hamra , Cru is the place to be.
There's a great selection of local and imported wine. Most of the food are based on wine.
Every time the manager passes by you and asks your opinion with a warm welcoming tone.

What i didn't like is that the place is tight and the tables are too close to each other.
Other than that, it's perfect according to Quality/ price ratio.