“Cosy, cute, good service”
Review of Le Bar a Thym - CLOSED

Le Bar a Thym
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went with friends for lunch. I like the place. I had the Mexican, which wasn't awesome but not bad. The crepe was a bit too soggy but the stuffing was tasty. My friends' crepes were good. All the sweet crepes were very good. I had the dark chocolate with banana, which was excellent. The service is very friendly, and the ambiance is cute and cosy. All in all I recommend this place.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

what i liked most after the food was the decor very charming
you can have a very good variety of crepes

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had passed Le Bar à Thym several times on our way downtown as we were walking along Gouraud/Gemmayze, and so we eventually decided to give it a try. What a good decision. We were warmly welcomed by the owner, who was extremely friendly and helpful. For lunch, we ordered a nutella/banana crepe and another crepe with ham, mushroom, cheese, and egg (blanking on the name). Some of the best crepes I've ever had (and I'm French). The sirop de menthe was delicious too. For dessert, I ordered the nutella espresso which is hands down the best drink I have ever had. We were so impressed by Bar à Thym, we decided to come back for dinner. We got the 2nd crepe again, along with the Gogueli-Gogueli crepe (spinach, ham, cheese, sour cream) and it was even more delicious. There is literally nothing negative to say about this place. The place is very cozy and quaint, the food is to die for, the staff is excellent....we can't wait to come back next time we visit Beirut!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Came across Le Bar just by chance; a small cosy place which offers salads, toasted sandwiches and crepes. I'd highly recommend the dark chocolate crepe...and the fresh fruit shakes... The staff are very friendly and helpful - speaking Arabic, French and English - you can be constantly entertained by Jean-Marie the owner, who seems to know all the clients (or will get to know you) and everyone else in the neighbourhood..a pleasure to spend several hours... free wifi also

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This french-influenced petit creperie is a must for any new traveller to the Gemmayze area who just wants to sit with a cup of coffee and google things in a safe, comfortable and unpressured environment. The crepes are a must (I highly recommend the mushroom and cheese one...mmm!) and the sweet crepes are fabulous...if not slightly dangerous. If you ever have a NUTELLA craving whilst in Beirut, come here to get your fix!!

This place is not mentioned on the map on tripadvisor...but it is at the eastern end of Rue Gemmayze just before the intersection/fork with Pasteur Street.

The staff and particularly the fabulous owner Jean Marie are what make this place. When I first arrived, a staff member even kindly offered to assist me in obtaining a mobile phone. Truly caring staff, high quality food, ambience, location and...of course....wifi access are what make this place tops.

Four stars!