Le Patio Boutique Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsuruguay streetpedestrian areadowntown beirutroom serviceyour doorstepgreat boutiquepillow menurecommend lepersonalized servicebusiness tripwalking distanceamazing locationdefinitely stay here againbest hotel in townamazing servicethe hotel staffrooms are spacious and clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I came on business and would recommend for business or pleasure. It is in a pedestrian zone so safer, and after my luggage didn't arrive with me (no thanks BA!) the staff were wonderful in following up with the airport. Breakfast was very good - a choice of different set breakfasts but high quality. The only down side is that some rooms are noisy if on the side close to a street with a lot of late closing bars - ask for a quiet room on the other side.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Beirut has some great choice when it comes to hotels but when it comes to location, only Le Gray, the Four Seasons, and Le Patio really hit the mark.

Le Patio has very nice rooms, is right in downtown, and close to the action. It has a great feel to it, and is perfectly located in a pedestrian area if you're not driving.

One the downside, some of the reviews here are right on - you do notice the noise from the bars late-night, but a couple of ear plugs took care of that, and mornings were quiet as a mouse. The bedding could be a little more luxurious, yes, you need to carry your bags 50 meters or so, but the location is totally worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite - the upgrade costs 10% of the room price and is totally worth it. You get a nice little balcony with a great view up the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I really liked this hotel. With classic decor, my room had a separate sitting room and a large bathroom with bath it was very comfortable. I loved the Molten Brown bathroom products. The staff were attentive and responsive and the breakfast was delicious.

However as other reviewers have indicated, the noise from the surrounding bars and cafes was loud enough to stop me having a good nights sleep. Unfortunately it is not just limited to weekends. While it's great to visit such a lively and vibrant city like Beirut when you have to get up early to go to work the next morning it makes it tough going when it occurs every night. I stayed Monday to Thursday and found the noise levels to be loud enough that I struggled to fall asleep until about 1.30am to 2am. This was then exacerbated by being woken only a couple hours later with the call to prayer. I read responses from hotel management in earlier reviews about the hotel working on better soundproofing and would strongly encourage this as it would make a world of difference for guests if they could get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Awesome location right on tip of downtown Beirut and walking distance to the famous new downtown shopping square in soldiers. Walking distance to soldiers nightlife and le gray hotel and virgin megastores.

I guess the main point of this hotel is location. Breakfast is simple, rooms are small-ish but comfortable.

My wife will never let me forget the road works noise starting from 7am meaning no lie- in after a night out, I assume the road works are over now...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucas W, General Manager at Le Patio Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at Le Patio Hotel in March 2013.
While I am very glad that you did not seem to have any service issues to mention, it is unfortunate to hear that you were not satisfied during your stay due to the road works. I totally understand the inconvenience caused, however I would like to inform that municipality of Beirut has finished all works in the road.
Therefore we would appreciate of you can give us another chance the next time you are in Beirut, and I will be more than happy to handle your reservation personally where I will make sure to make it up for you.
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

On the face of it this hotel should be good given its location in the heart of upscale Beirut. But that's the problem... It is inside a pedestrianised area so there is no direct vehicle access. The nearest dropout point for cars is 50 m from the front door. This isn't a problem if you have just one bag. I travel for work with at least 10 equipment cases. The hotel only has one small hand cart and a very rickety hotel trolley with poor wheels. The wheels are in a poor state due to the cobbles outside which add to the next big problem.... Exterior noise .

The hotel is surrounded by a number of disco bars and nightclubs all with very loud music blaring out. I said with colleagues over Friday , Saturday and Sunday nights. The music went on until 4am every morning then the call to prayer would start at 4.30 am from the mosque at the end off the street. Intolerable! Even with earplugs the thump if disco music could be heard. If any of us got more than three hours sleep each I would be surprised. And on Saturday night I watched a gang fight in the street outside the hotel near all the bars. 40 guys involved and police called .
Clean rooms, good showers but overalI a huge disappointment. Can not recommend at all

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Patio Hotel and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
We highly understand the hassle caused by the outdoor pubs, whereas we cannot do anything to change the hum of the city around us, especially that it was during the weekend in parallel with few new shops’ openings; however, we are in process of improving our existing double glaze of all windows to ensure a better sound proof.
I am very glad that you did not seem to have any service issues to mention during your stay, and we would appreciate if you give us another chance to show you our improvements. We really hope to welcome you back!
Best Regards