“Expensive and limited Internet”
Review of ParkTower Suites

ParkTower Suites
Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Generally Average service and rooms and the staff are courteous. It is let down by one of the most expensive and restrictive Internet access charges I have come across. In the 21st century Internet access should be included in the room price, which is not cheap in any case. This would not be my first choice for business travel. This type of hotel need to look around at the much better and more modern attitudes of others.

Breakfast choices are also very limited and unchanging. The room service menu is rather limited too.

Fine it it were cheap, but at this price I expect better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Waleed Abou Z, Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Mr. Davies, your feedback related to your stay at ParkTower Suites is highly appreciated especially that it comes at the same time that we are modifying the internet issue to be complimentary for all the guests although the internet service is still very expensive in Lebanon.
As for the breakfast, its choices and variety happened to be wider as we have added several items to the buffet to cater for the majority of our guests which will be included in the room rate as well.

I thank you also for your affirmative and significant notes, hoping to welcome you soon at the new look of ParkTower Suites, as we have accomplished all the renovation work .

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We reserved for one month two bed rooms suit . It was very small place each room was small .sitting room was very small.there was no dyning table for eating.the maneger wanted the whole mony.for the month when we arrived and even before we saw the suit. They dont trust the geust .they make you feel that may be you will run. No repectting for the guest. Only The location of the hotel was very good

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Mrs. Shalabi, your feedback related to your stay at ParkTower Suites is extremely appreciated; please allow me to clarify here under your comments:

Our suites are very spacious compared to other hotels, but it is a little bit smaller than a furnished apartment found in an ordinary building; Our two bedroom suites are about 100 sqm. which is considered a large size in a suite hotel.

There is no dining room, for that we do not have a free standing table; alternatively a wide glass top around two meters is provided in the kitchenette that serves all your needs.

Finally, it is worldwide known that during summer season, the payment has to be done prior to the check in, which was clearly mentioned upon confirmation and was not rejected from your behalf. This matter has nothing to do with the issue of trust, which we do have it in full with all our guests.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for almost one month in a one bedroom suite. The location is great, the rooms are well decorated, bathrooms have been nicely renovated. The kitchen offers minimal dish and cookware. Depending on your rate you have access to breakfast (pretty decent cappuccino) but the selection remains exactly the same; the gym (which is very nice and modern) and wireless internet. The only complaints - the room smelled like stale smoke, despite my best efforts to air it out and mask odours with an air freshner, the rooms are not restocked carefully (ie face cloths, coffee) and the room rate is on the high end.

Room Tip: North facing rooms on higher floors have a view of the sea. Most rooms on the 10th floor and up do...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2011

o we booked the park tower suites for me and my family for a 2 week period over xmas. The location is very good and the rooms are good. My problem comes with the awful service we recieved from the management. We came to find that the rooms we had chosen did not fit us as a family, perhaps our mistake. We requested 2 extra beds to be placed in one of the apartments we had booked. They only accepted to give us one as they felt 2 would not look nice! I need to explain that this was a very big one bedroom apartment with plenty of space. One bed was placed in the bedroom and we wanted to put the other one in the very big living room. We were given every excuse under the sun, including 'it won't fit'. We kindly asked that the manager come up to see us to discuss where we could put the bed. He refused and in fact all the staff refused to enter our room. The grand finale came from the awful manager who said that an extra bed would not be pleasing to the eyes next to a sofa in the living room, so he was not happy to do it. He was absolutely awful to deal with, unprofessional to say the least, arrogant with a huge chip on his shoulder, and a 'NO' mentality. Does not care about the comfort or happiness of his customers, is not interested in cultivating return clients, sarcastic and rude, and just a real misery to deal with. We travel a lot and have stayed in hotels all over the world, I have to say that this is the worst service that I have ever received. Makes you wonder how people like him are chosen to be managers in the hospitality industry! In Brief, nice rooms, good location....but we will never set foot in this place again because of the terrible service we received from the management.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tania F
Waleed Abou Z, Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Yes the location is very good and the rooms as well.

Yes ParkTower Suites is a family hotel.

The hotel occupancy is very high all year round and this is due to good management. Our first priority is to offer full guest satisfaction; I am available in my office (almost 24/7) to discuss their needs and requirements. My regulations, followed by my team and me, are not to enter occupied guests rooms as a respect for their privacy.

We only accept to add one extra bed in the bedroom. Hotels worldwide have rules and policies that suit their operation and ParkTower Suites is no exception. We believe we have the right to keep the hotel rooms as per our standards; this is why we did not approve to add another extra bed in the living room first of all for esthetical reasons and second because of the damages it will cause

We have suggested all the solutions under the sun to satisfy the demand including offering to add the extra bed in the second room or even to reserve a third room, unfortunately our proposals were refused.

ParkTower Suites has been operated since 2001; we have repeated guests since then. I have been chosen since 11 years to manage this hotel and to offer consultancy for other hotels too. Being “awful, unprofessional, arrogant, sarcastic and rude…” are not qualities that keep a person in his position for so many years; it is exactly the opposite that does.

The guest returned to the hotel shortly after this and was welcomed as usual

Thank you.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stay at this hotel because it is close to our office in Achrifeya. Nonetheless, if I had my choice of hotels between Achrifeya and Hamra (downtown) I would probably elect the Park Tower. Rooms are large with a comfortable work area (I would recommend a comfortable chair rather than the "kitchen" chair, though). The sitting area is spacious with another table next to a sofa where you can drop things as you come and go and there is a mini kitchen with utensils, glasses, plates, bowls and a fridge behind well designed doors. There is complimentary bottled water, which is a nice touch given that some hotels like to exploit this necessity.

Closet is small but adequate. They could improve their hangers, which are cheap and break easily. Dresser drawers are built in and more than adequate, which sure beats the cavernous drawer one finds in some hotels that serve no function.

Bathroom is small and this is probably one of the few remaining hotels that have NOT retrofitted the shower curtain so it doesn't climb up your back when showering.

The pillows are nice; I don't have to wad up two to prop my head up when I sleep. But I found my back protesting after a couple of nights - bed is too soft.

The only downsides (2) to this hotel are: 1) it's location on a side street across from a private school and traffic is horrendous twice a day, making it difficult to get picked up and dropped off at the hotel, and 2) its breakfast. If you are French, you probably will not agree with me. But I'm a proponent of breakfast being the most important meal of the day. So I like to see more choices than a fruit bowl, cold cuts, cheese and olives and some manufactured scrambled eggs. And it would help if they knew their guests in the breakfast room. I can understand if they want my room number the first day. But this constant badgering is really unacceptable, particularly since I never saw more than a handful of guests having breakfast and particularly given the quality of the breakfast. I do have to mention though after complaining about the offerings that one of the waitstaff asked me if I would like some pancakes. I didn't; I'm diabetic. But thanks for asking.

There are a number of restaurants within easy walking distance on the main boulevard, as well as a Chili's right next door (where the service sucks). And the ABC mall is a 10 minute walk if you are so inclined and you need to shop for take-home gifts.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Do not trust these people! I would not have even given them 1 star if it were an option. I was in Beirut on business for several months with 7 colleagues of mine and I've never had a worse experience. The maids stole jewelry, things were stolen from the safes as well, they tried to charge us services that were never even contracted, they mysteriously raised the rates on us a couple days into the stay, among many other service-related atrocities. When the incredibly unprofessional manager was confronted, you can imagine we didn't get very far with him. Needless to say we were forced to take matters up with the Minsitry of Tourism because it is not possible that criminals like this are even allowed to continue their operations. Beirut is a beautiful place and we were finally able to enjoy it once we changed our accomodations and left this nightmare behind!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

ParkTower Suites has been operated since 2001; we have repeated guests since then and we work with the major Lebanese and international institutions. Our rank is four stars as per the Lebanese Ministry of Tourism classification.

The reply was posted on December 2011 whereas the stay was more than seven months ago (In May 2011); it is not understood how can someone who experienced very bad service – including stealing – disregard this major issue for seven months and then, suddenly, after seven months remembers to post a review about it.

It is worldwide known that once a safe box is closed by a specific code, it is technically impossible to reopen it unless the same code or a master code is used (in our hotel the master code is exclusively held by me)

ParkTower Suites guests are asked to sign on every invoice they require to be posted on the room; any guest has the full right to refuse to pay any unsigned invoice.

Regarding the prices, during the high season and special occasions the rates become different from the ones applied in the low season which is well known worldwide; the guests are informed about this either verbally or in writing directly upon reservation or upon check in.

We were never informed by the Ministry of Tourism about a complaint against us. If this incident is true we should have received a warning from the ministry of tourism, or even more from the ISF as well, for stealing the guests jewels from the room safe box and for overcharging them.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is a good hotel for the business traveler, with suite-style rooms with kitchenettes and work spaces. The rooms are extremely comfortable and very clean. Be forewarned that they'll nickel and dime you to death: if you don't agree in advance that internet is included, they'll charge a small fortune to give you the wireless password, and you can't use the spa or attend classes at the gym without paying $250 to join the gym for the month (you can use the fitness center and pool without paying). The restaurant is mediocre, and you can get much better food in the neighborhood for lunch and dinner, but breakfast is included with the room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business