“Very stingy portions for the price”
Review of Karam

Karam
Ranked #114 of 904 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A wonderful Lebanese restaurant in downtown Beirut. The food was wonderful, our favourites were the grilled halloumi cheese, cheese rolls, fatoush salad and moutabel (as well as dessert with white coffee - hot rose water). The wine was also good. The decor is quite simple and modern, not a great amount of atmosphere but it was all made up by the delicious food and wonderful service which constantly looked after us. You can also smoke shisa if you wish to. Greatly located in downtown Beirut, near the central mosque. Prices are about average for a restaurant dinner in the centre of town. It was recommended to us by Hotel Albergo, and I was very much satisfied with my evening and will definitely go back.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The definition of a lebanese restaurant is variety and generosity.
We paid 50$ a person, to receive poor quality food with very stingy portions.
The price included our choice of tawook or meat kabab, but when the waiter was passing over the table and someone asked for tawook, he bluntly said, there is no more tawook!
Seriously! on a table, with more than 15 people, each paying 50$, you do NOT say we ran out of tawook.
4 cheese rolls for 8 people table is stingy and cheap...
I would never ever come back.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

For me this is the best Lebanese food restaurant in down town and maybe in Beirut. The food tastes always fresh and the flavor is always right. Some place vary between visits but this restaurant never fails to deliver the same great taste each time. Try Makanek with walnuts it is perfect

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of visiting this Beirut icon with family and would definitely recommend making a reservation otherwise you may end up seated upstairs, away from all the action. From the grape leaves, to fattoush (salad with bread) to the raw kibbeh (meat) and the fried kibbeh (stuffed with ground meat and nuts) nothing in this restaurant is to be missed. It is simply the best Lebanese in Beirut. Service is a bit dry and rushed, but definitely worth the visit if you are looking for a taste if Lebanon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Been to this restaurant many times, I have had family with me and also great for Business meetings. very central. a bit pricy but worth the money. stick to ground level as top floor is a bit tight. the Mishawi is the best,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Karam restaurant is one of the best out there in Lebanon. I went there several times. Food was perfect, service and everything. My suggestion, order mix grill and fatoush salad.

2  Thank Panayiotis A