“Stay Savvy at Saifi”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beirut
Saifi Urban Gardens
Ranked #4 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Beirut
San Francisco, California
“Stay Savvy at Saifi”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Perfect little gem of a cafe, hostel, activity space. The staff is a bit on the nontalkative side of friendliness; but Ali and Frances sure are sweet! They have live music and DJ nights on the weekends that are free, wonderful cheap Lebanese food, with loads of locals to boot! You can even get your laundry done on Wednesdays or Sundays, ahem for free! Its clean, the furniture/architecture is stylist and the rooms reasonably priced! Stay savvy Saifi!

Room Tip: Room #4 smells of mildew. Room #5 needs the beds shifted to the other side of the room for the sunli...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a dorm style 2 bunk-bed room and really enjoyed the restaurant/bar on the lower level. There were bullet holes in the outside wall of one of the balconies which was interesting. Live music on Friday and a fun quiz night at the bar on Wednesday. I met young travelers from around the world and took advantage of the available wifi. Clean rooms and helpful staff add to the great value of this hostel. Probably my favorite hostel of my travels so far.

• Stayed December 2012
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed for two nights, in different rooms and I can recommend it warmly, one of the best hostels I stayed in. The beds are great, the rooms are large and very pretty, both the dorms and the private rooms. At the restaurant they serve decent Lebanese food for a very good price. The only things I didn't like very much, were the bathrooms which were generally clean but not very good, especially the quality of the showers were poor. In one of the rooms you couldn't hang up the shower head and I had to hold it while showering. Also they don't have a kitchen which the guests can use like other hostels do. And their wi-fi is very slow, but that is normal for Lebanon. Good place to stay if you're a women travelling alone, there are many internationals and female solo travellers come there a lot, you will not stand out. Also it is in a very good location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank jessberg
beirut
Reviewed November 5, 2012

it's an old building transformed in an hotel its like kind if dorms cool ambiance but a bit noisy i would suggest it for the price and location and the nice atmosphere it is located in Gemmayze (Beirut) in two minutes you are in the heart of Gemmayze where all the pubs are it is practical

• Stayed November 2012
london
Reviewed October 29, 2012

There is a reason why this place is packed all the time. Great location, clean, good cafe & rooftop bar.
It is basic but it is cheap. I would stay here again without question. The attached Saifi Institute is also a great place to learn Arabic.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at Saifi Urban Garden because a friend that lives in Beirut recommended it. I should have done my homework. The place is a hostel, not a hotel, which means bad service or rather no service. Rooms are more like dorm rooms not a hotel rooms. I'm not spoiled and i dont' mind roughing it but this was just bad all around and not worth the price. We paid $80/night for a family room with private bath. Not worth it.
There was loud music at all hours. The place smelled like paint. If we opened windows it was really noisy and the smell of highway was really strong. Wifi didn't work at all for the most of our stay. They fixed it towards the end of our stay but only in the lobby. It never worked in the room, as the site claims. Maybe if your room is right next to the reception it works. I dont' know. We were on 3rd floor (no elevator) and it didn't work there.
Breakfast was very scarce. And service - very surly. In fact, there was no service because you can hardly call it service when people act as if they were doing you a favor with a hint of disdain. I was really surprised actually to find such unfriendly attitude. It was probably the most unfriendly place that i encountered out all of my travels.
The only thing this place has going for it is its location. If you are into a bar scene that is. I'm not, so it was a total bust for me.
But I loved Beirut! Great city. Worth a visit. I will stay in Hamra next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dervishdervish
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I spent two months there and we miss it. The rooms were clean and all our needs were met. Most of all, Nazih was the best and helped us with getting around. We highly recommend it. Things in Beirut can be very expensive and this place is affordable, safe and clean. The location is perfect, 10 minute walk from Martyr's Square. The staff were helpful! We will stay there again!

Room Tip: Get a room in Building 2 on the lower floors. The noise is better, but with the AC and the door clos...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple