“Great budget option”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beirut
Saifi Urban Gardens
Ranked #6 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Beirut
“Great budget option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

The rooms are well proportioned with high ceilings and an adequate bathroom. With breakfast included it’s a great budget option and with the roof top bar and restaurant on the ground floor the facilities are excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Since I arrived in September 2011, Saifi Urban Gardens has been my second home.

Room Tip: Saifi Urban Gardens has been my 2nd home since arriving in Beirut in September 2011. Since then, I...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Joshua G
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

On arrival I eventually made my way down a dark alley to a small bar filled with Lebanese people (who began staring automatically), backpackers, students, Arabic music and shisha smoke...a man in plain clothes approached me (to be honest I felt quite uneasy) he told me he worked at the hostel! After some confusion he showed me to my room which was a four bed dorm (I had booked into an 8 bed so I was very happy)! The room was nice, except for the loud American "making love" in the opposite bed! After my first night's experience I wasn't expecting much...turns out I liked it there in the end! Met some really cool people, made some nice friends and have returned again to that "strange" bar! I came to Lebanon to work so I found it a bit tough at times with noise but overall it's a cool, friendly place with cheap beer :)

• Stayed January 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

The place has a great location, and the cafe "Em Nazih" has great mana'west for breakfast. The atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights was awesome.
This is considered as a good hostel.

• Stayed June 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in November. The cafe / restaurant area is a very popular area for students and locals alike to hang out in. We ate here once for lunch and thought the food was reasonable and the portions were large. Most nights there were events on in the cafe, including karaoke. The room we stayed in was large but located on the ground floor at the back of the side building (underneath the classrooms). Unfortunately the room was a bit damp and had that smell of mildew about it. The bathroom was small and located up two stairs from the bedroom. Hot water supply was fine but again, the bathroom was very damp and our towels wouldn't dry out.

We didn't eat the breakfast at the cafe but it is included complimentary with the private rooms. Wi-fi is given to you on usage basis – we were allocated a certain number of MB each per day (I can't remember how much). It was a bit strange but I suppose it's to prevent people downloading torrents.

Saifi wasn't a bad place to stay but as short term tourists we preferred Talal's for the money and location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clare_nz_11
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

We spent 3 days in Beirut in Urban Saifi Gardens hostel. It was a very nice experience, the place is small, very cosy and intimate. The room is pretty clean, the restaurant / kitchen is great, it has free internet connection, pretty slow, but probably this is the case in Lebanon. The food is great, we only had breakfast there, prepared by Um Nazih, the owner of the place and served by Nazih himself, the very helpful and friendly chap. The room rate is very good, we were three friends sharing one big suite with two big beds, a T.V. and a small bathroom and we paid around 25 dollars each per night. The only problem with the place is that they don't have lifts or elevators, so if you're making a reservation before heading there ask for a first floor room!

Room Tip: Just pick a room in the first floor, you don't want to drag your luggage for 2 or 3 floors!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Zanzibar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I am delighted to report that Saifi is not only budget-friendly but a really nice place to stop-over, to chill out, to meet/chat with people, to enjoy good simple food and a great vibe.

I must admit I was a little put off by adverse tripadvisor reports - but having stayed here several times (in different rooms) during my 3 weeks in Lebanon I can confidently say - all is in good condition now.

Beirut is a busy city that never sleeps - and Saifi is close to the buzz of Gemmayze. BUT it also backs on to an urban motorway so most likely you will keep bedroom windows shut (and sleep with the aircon on).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple