“What you see is not what you get”
Review of 35 Rooms

35 Rooms
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“What you see is not what you get”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Don't be fooled by the pictures, this is a less than average hotel. Was not impressed by the facilities, wifi? Ironing board? And the staff could do a lot to improve on their guest satisfaction. It's just barely an average hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us knows where we failed.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We would like to apologize for the negative points that you mention.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel surpassed my expectations. It was such a great experience. The rooms designs are trendy and catchy. The staff was so helpful and accomodating. In addition to its location which is perfect, the hotel has aa high quality service that every person seeks.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank reem awar
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The location of this hotel is really central, in fact couldn't be better. Unfortunately for us it didn't live up to it's claim to be the 'Trendiest Hotel in Town'. The decor in the rooms was certainly innovative and eye catching, and the rooms clean, however the rooms are much smaller than they appear in the photos and, in my opinion, the suite would be better designed as one spacious room rather than a very average / small size bedroom and a small living area.

Attention to detail is missing. For example toiletries are sparse (no hair conditioner / miniature body lotion / and only one of each item left in a double room with double occupancy). Sometimes toiletries were not replaced: one day we asked for our room not to be cleaned but for toiletries and water to be left for us at reception, however, when we enquired at reception nothing had been left. Another day replacement shampoo was left but nothing else, and the next day nothing at all was left again. We had to request wi-fi internet codes each day and only one was given despite there being 2 of us in the room. There was only one bar chair in the living area by the breakfast bar. Towels looked and felt old - greying white and rough to the touch.The day after we arrived we slept late and had the 'Do not Disturb' sign on our door, only to be woken by housekeeping calling the phone - twice! - to ask if we wanted our room cleaned.

For a 4 star hotel we felt the lack of swimming pool / gym facilities was certainly a minus point. Also there were only 4 TV channels available. Breakfast was OK with a reasonable selection of luke-warm and cold dishes, but on two occasions we had to ask for fruit juice as the juice had run out, and the hot water in the urn for tea was never really hot. (The fresh fruit was, however, very good.)

One additional point just to watch out for (this may be typical in Lebanon??): tax was added to our bill despite no mention of this when booking the room, so the total cost of the room was more than we expected.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but would definitely look for something else for our next visit.This hotel has eye catching, trendy decor and, while it is new, is quite appealing. Unfortunately I suspect that in a few years it will just be another shabby run of the mill town centre hotel.

Room Tip: We had the room with the taxi / stop sign design - very trendy but smaller than expected.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We would like to apologize for the negative points that you mention and we look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut.

Best regards,
London
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here on a business vacation trip to Beirut. I was quite disappointed by the service and the amenities in the room. I stayed in a so-called 'Executive Room'. Yet, the hotel could not even provide me with an ironing board and an iron to press my shirts which I had bought for my meetings - apparently there are no irons in the entire hotel despite the fact that irons are advertised on the hotel's website.

Having to rely on the hotel laundry service was quite unpredictable as well; I had to telephone house keeping 3 times to get them to collect my laundry and was disappointed to later find my pressed clothes hung up in the lobby where anyone could have stolen them.

This hotel needs to improve its service for business travellers. Plus points: breakfast was quite decent, hotel is located right in the centre of town and the internet connection worked.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor to avoid the noise from the traffic below.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. I would like to apologize for what happened with you concerning the iron board and I can guarantee that iron boards are available from now on and provided for all guests upon request.

We look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 4 6nights.
Found place on TA, and read reviews so knew what to expect.
It's in the central area of Hamra, about 20mins walk 2 downtown/ marina/ corniche.
The hotel is very clean and professional run, staff always avaliable in reception.
Room is well sized with tv satellite safe air con sink fridge etc. very ideal. However my bed was uncomfortable .

Good value for money compared to other places, free wifi, and breakfast which was not the best but was free buffet. A mix of fruit bread and eggs n loads of dairy stuff teas n coffees n pancakes sometimes.

No noise but the walls quiet fine and can hear loud movements. No street noise outside double glazed windows .

I enjoyed my stay but wud of liked a rooftop pool as u need somewhere to chill in the heat but price wud rocket up with the other hotels like le grey.

• Stayed September 2012

Greetings from Beirut !

I wanted to thank you for staying recently with us and for taking the time to post this great comment on trip advisor. I am glad to hear that our efforts did not go unnoticed and that you have enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Yours sincerely,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms' designe is very modern however the rooms are very tight, the view from the room was to a very old building, you feel that it's an old building converted to a hotel, the breakfast was nice however very limited seats was available, overall I think the value was ok for whatever I payed.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you
Regarding your complaint about the view, as you know 35rooms located in the city center where there is still some non renovated buildings. Concerning the tight room i hope you did inform the staff and they would have directly moved you to a bigger room.

All the Best,
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in the apartment of this hotel with my family for a little over a week. The hotel is very nice and in the Hamra area of Beirut. The rooms and facilities were very simple but the complementary breakfast and internet is a good plus. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have London style cabs lined up outside of the hotel, but they are quite overpriced, but good to have if you are in a rush.

Room Tip: The apartment is nice, but don't expect too much. It is rather simple and equipped with only a m...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam/Sir,
I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back to 35 rooms.