“Great location & beautiful room”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 35 Rooms

35 Rooms
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
London, United Kingdom
“Great location & beautiful room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I found this hotel on the internet and liked its facilities and the pictures I saw. But as we all know, what we see on the net don't always what you'll find once you're there. My check-in at the hotel was very smooth, and the front desk team were really lovely. It is a business hotel, and you won't find all the unnecessary stuff you'll see in other 4 and 5 star hotels. My room was simply huge. It had everything I needed, from free wi-fi to a small kitchenette fully equipped with microwave, kettle and a nice selection of tea and coffees and free water, and an equally huge bed. The decor, just like the hotel location, is very cool. For such great value, I really didn't expect it to be so nice. I'll definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PROTravelerUK
, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back to 35 rooms.

All the Best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I usually stay at 4-5 stars to avoid surprises. This time, traveling alone for a couple of nights, I decided to try something different. Encouraged by the latest reviews on Tripadvisor, I selected the 35Rooms in Beirut. I know Beirut very well, I know the area. I emailed the hotel for a quote, and, having received their reply within a couple of hours, I booked. Easy to find ( I googled the street, and an older hotel was located on the same street, known to taxi drivers), my check in took 3 minutes. They offered me an upgrade to a suite (suite 401 - see pictures), and provided me with the codes for wi-fi.
The suite was easy to the eye, despite the bar codes, very clean, has a small kitchenette (which I used for a Nescafe on the morning of my departure), a lot of satellite channels on the flat screen TV. The walk-in shower (I guess it replaced a large bathtub) was wonderful. Breakfast was included, so I enjoyed it - not much different from what I usually have at bigger hotels. I booked a cab to the airport for 06:00 (paid US$ 20,00 - very close to street price) and it was a white London cab - see http://www.nndleb.com/. Knowing my way around Beirut, I did not need to ask the staff for help, but I noticed they were most available with the other patrons.
I will definitely book again in Sept/Oct when traveling with my spouse.

Room Tip: Rooms are sound proof - get one on Baalbak Street side- practically no traffic at night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JGFRome_Italy
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you.

We look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut.

Romsey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at 35 Rooms for 5 nights in May 2012. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and service good. The hotel has a generator so the regular power cuts aren't an issue and the air conditioning works fine.

The breakfasts (included in our package or $9 each) were really good. A great variety of choice.

The location itself is great - 50 yards from the main Hamra road (some of the hotel booking sites have the location further south).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelScogley
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your stay.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This hotel is well worth it! We went 2 couples and stayed in one of their 2 bedroom apartments. Each room has their own bathroom and in between the two rooms was the living room with bar, TV and amenities. We were in room 305 and it suited our purpose perfectly... we were in Beirut to attend the wedding of a friend and be involved with their bachelor(ette) nights. This meant that we weren't in bed before 5 or 6 am most nights and this in turn means the street noise did not affect us as we passed out well till noon.
Breakfast is basic, but you have what you need - Juices, breads, cold cuts, egg, pancakes.
Room service is not in-house, but rather from a restaurant (Casper & Gambini's) nearby, but it does mean that you can get a sandwich, salad, burger, etc anytime between 11am and 10pm; which helps... good affordable hotel in great location!

Room Tip: High floor to avoid the noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob_Boersen

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hotel is located in the Hamra district; so plenty of locals, broken and dirty streets around, plenty of small business, smell of real middle east around
Still the hotel is very stylish,
starting with London style taxi, friendly drivers, continuing with reasonable ok reception, doing necessary things without extra effort. The key advantage is definitely in the rooms. They are spacious, good looking; modern; each of them with different piece of art.

Breakfast is rather European, nothing extra to remember; but you will not leave hungry.

At the end; this hotel makes it excellent value for money in modern boutique hotel in very interesting part of the city

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tequila007
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this review, April 28, 2012

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Special thanks to Mrs.Elissar,receptionist, becoming a translation bridge b/w driver and us and giving ideas about sightseeing. The hotel is very clean, breakfast is good covering 4 hot dishes. Breakfast room is rather small and boring. Taxi to downtown about 5 dollars. From airport 25 dollars (reserved taxi) , to airport we have paid 10 dollars. Be careful and bargain with drivers. I recommend to travellers to take sightseeing tours generally with lunch ( Nakhal tour ) instead of hiring a taxi if they are two person. Drivers speak no English at all.
The area, Hamra, is average. The city is very safe.
I recommend to hotel owners to provide microwave to breakfast room and bath slippers for the room if they call themselves boutique hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ritzy375
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We are in the process of adding slippers to all our hotel rooms which will give an added value as you suggest.
On the other hand your kind note will be passed into all 35rooms employees and especially Elissar,who will be thrilled to know that you were pleased with her recommendations

All the best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. Initially, plan to stay only 2 nights, but I decided to extend the stay and we were very happy with the hotel. Great location, excellent staff, and great value for ther money. Keep it up! Will definatley recommend this place to other travellers.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Cruisingjerry
Dear Guest,

Greetings from 35rooms Beirut !

I wanted to thank you for staying recently with us and for taking the time to post this great comment on trip advisor. I am glad to hear that our efforts did not go unnoticed and that you have enjoyed your stay.

Your kind note will be passed onto all 35rooms employees who will be thrilled to know that you were pleased in your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Yours sincerely