“I wouldn't stay here again”
Review of 35 Rooms

35 Rooms
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Kuwait
“I wouldn't stay here again”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This hotel looked very nice on the website but for me (and that might be because of my age, younger people may perceive things differently) the reality was different. I found the staff there sullen and unwelcoming except for one staff member, Bashar. The rooms were poorly lit although the beds were nice and they were clean. The bathroom was unattractive and seemed like a bathroom in a cheap apartment.
The breakfast room was very nice and the breakfast itself was nice too.
We had many problems signing onto the free Wifi.
Finally, there always seemed to be something missing such as re-stocking the coffee/tea in the rooms when you had used some.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ZiadR
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for letting us knows where we failed.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We would like to apologize for the negative points that you mention and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

All the best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed March 15, 2011

The money related tricks they play on you are simple, old and yet amazing. It works like this: you ask them to arranje a cab or van for you and they tell you the price. The first time around the guy at the front desk said 180000 liras and when we got back to the hotel it turned into 180 dollars. Just a misunderstanding... The second time around, upon leaving the hotel, they were a bit more blunt. The guy said 110 dollars and when we got to our destination it turned into 130 dollars. Again, a misunderstanding, they claim, It´s "funny', though, that two misunderstandings in 3 days end up the same way: we paid more then we agreed... An honest hotel manager later informed us that this is a trick used by hotels and drivers in agreement. And don´t be fooled, the desk clerks hide their swords with a smile.
If that´s not enough for you, then you should know that every night both rooms we had started to smell a lot like raw sewage. Every morning they "fixed it" upon cleaning the room and at night it started again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mirador_10
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was just in Beirut for the first time and stayed at 35Rooms for 3 nights the first week of feb.
This is such a Great Boutique hotel !
The Rooms are great clean Modern very fun
The Staff is wonderful very nice very helpful !
The location in Harmra is great ! it is a very Hip neighborhood with great cafes,restaurants &shops The Hotel has a Great Breakfast !
The hotel manager Rawad Shaaban Runs a Wonderful Hotel makes everyone feel at Home! Its the only Hotel I would stay at in this Great City !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Having just completed a 2 week tour of the Middle East where I stayed in a different hotel nearly every night, I have to say this was one of the friendliest, nicest hotels I have stayed at. What I noticed while waiting for a taxi one night is that people staying here tend to stop in at reception and talk with the guys at the front desk like they are old friends - sitting down in the chair and having a chat about their day. Everything I needed - hair dryer, adaptors, directions, anything - the staff here delivered it instantly, and I mean, no waiting at all. I stayed at quite a few places where the staff were rude, indifferent or just blah. Not here. Aside from the wonderful staff, the rooms are pretty cool - very clean and spacious. Great value for money I think and I would stay here again...

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Muenchen
Reviewed December 27, 2010

The rooms are clean, ours was to the backside and not very noisy. We could sleep well. Breakfast is okay but nothing exciting. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Location is great in Hamra district. Many shops, restaurants and bars around. Try Ferdinand, which serves delicious burgers and perfect cocktails (esp. the Vodka Sour is a must).

Would go there again when in Beirut.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Goreme Cappadocia
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This is billed as the 'trendiest Hotel in Beirut ' and it was without a doubt sleek and stylish and great value . We loved the location , the hotel staff especially the late night staff were superb and the location was excellent . I would certainly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Rome - ITALY -
Reviewed December 20, 2010

While in Beirut I decided to move from the Hotel where I was staying to spend my last night in this hotel located in the heart of Hamra.

Lobby is pretty fancy, staff at the check in very welcoming and friendly, porter service efficient and speedy. Regrettably room lacked all over my expectations for the following reasons :

1) extremely noisy, It was impossibile to rest, to sleep.
2) facilities are very poor - Minibar is a joke, curtain was broken, Tv not functioning at all . . room supposed to have a coffee and tea facility and equipped with a kitchenette, but the only two things I saw It was a simple keattle (which was impossible to be operated as the cord was too short to reach the plug) and a microwave. However no cups, no glasses (even in the bathroom).
3) Security : Emergency Fire plan is not displayed anywhere in the room.
4) No space in the cabinet, just few hangers and a safe that makes an alarm as soon as you touch it !
5) internet has a charge and it is very slow.

Despite of the fact that I couldn't have the curtain fixed (honestly i did not care about the tv, minibar and kitchenette) my room was serviced at night, bed was very comfortable and bathroom spacious and clean. Staff in incredibly responsive, attentive, willing to greet you and assist you as soon as they see you. I had an early departure, night Manager organized my luggage to be collected, wake up call, taxi to the airport (at the right fare)
Although I rated my stay average, I would like to remark that Ithe feeling I had overall is that the Managment of this hotel is working very hard on improving their accommodation and I am sure the problems I experienced have been caused by the fact that the Hotel is on a new opening. I wish them success !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo