“Loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Beirut
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stay here every month for the past two years. I feel like home. Everyone are pampering me . The suite are spacious and well maintain. The swimming pool with a view is a plus. I won t stay anywhere else tried the gray once but very cold service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Lili C,

I would like to express my gratitude for your very honest and positive feedback. Thank you for staying with us every month, and feeling at home with every stay!

It's a great pleasure to know that you wont stay anywhere else, other than with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, every time you're in the city.

Stefan Simkovics

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at that hotel over New Year. Our daughter 9yo stayed with us. At site they have placed stories about welcoming kids with special things, bath amenities, they ask to provide name of kids etc etc... Reality was different)))) our booking was made for Four Seasons room and they offered us one room of that type with completely dirty windows( as it wasnt washed since opening hahaha) with "splendid" view at neighbour building roof and balcony full of garbage!!!saying "view" means balcony was just 15-20 m from us( well dirty windows have sense then, yes???) after asking of other options we were given another room which was lower class( four seasons room has very specific design and panoramic view so you cannot mix it up) and we had to accept it as they didnt have anything else!!! but at least it was as what we booked. There were no any kids amenities with name upon arrival ( good i didnt tell anything to my daughter as i wanted to surprise her)and we called to bring kids robe and slippers at least. They started to call and apologize....The whole thing was very disappointing. Lebanon is not a place for tourism now because of safety and the hotel was empty(very little amount of guests at New Year Eve gave us idea too) and i wonder why hotel doesnt care about guests.

Room Tip: rooms are very simply designed, dont expect wow interior(((
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank My_Baby_Lelechka
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear My_Baby_Lelechka,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and for expressing further the mishaps you experienced during your stay with us.

We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. I am of course concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with several points especially the housekeeping services. I can understand what an inconvenience this was for you.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, and take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies .

Again, my sincere apologies that your stay was not an enjoyable experience, I hope you will afford us another opportunity with a return visit in the future.

Thornbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel in the beginning of December. We had a very nice stay. Front desk and staff were very professional and courteous. They offered an upgrade on our last night because they were unable to give us the bedding configuration we requested (though to be fair I knew it was sold out when I booked) and they actually called our room to remind us of the upgrade thought we did choose to stay where we were because we were settled in. Had a lovely breakfast in the hotel restaurant, the quantity and quality of the food was very good and when I forgot my sweater they brought it down to the room for me. The room was very comfortable with good air quality and flow which is very important to us when staying in hotels. I loved the toiletries, L'Occitane, one of my favourite brands. Good quality bedding and the balcony overlooking the sea was very big. The weather was not that great, rainy and cool so I never went to look at the pool. The only negative thing I would mention was I found the atmosphere and decoration of the lobby/cocktail area to be lacking, it did not feel very inviting or interesting. Loved Beirut, it was more business trip for my husband but I did manage to see some things, felt safe and loved the nightclubs - start at 11pm and end at 4am - fantastic but could not imagine doing that more than 2 nights in a row.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear travellingfamily5,

I would like to thank you for your post on TripAdvisor and the time you took to give a detailed feedback following your stay with us.

Thank you for complimenting our front desk staff, The Grill Room breakfast, the room amenities and the view from our room.

We do hope to welcome you and your back, the next time you decide to visit us for either business or leisure.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beirut for three nights over the Christmas period, for the third year in a row. As usual, it did not disappoint. If anything, overall service, especially from the front desk, has improved over my previous visits. This may be a reflection of the significant decline in visitor numbers to Beirut over the past 2 years. There is always a warm, professional welcome, and all requests were dealt with quickly, including room cleaning on short notice, turn-down service on short notice, and a request for an ironing board. The rooms are holding up very well and look almost brand new, except for the carpets. That said, the carpets remain at the high Four Seasons standard. I used the free broadband service which worked very well. This may not be the case during busier periods when more business travelers might put greater demands on the broadband. The fee based service might be a better bet during busier periods.
I was fortunate to be there during excellent 20 degree plus weather, so did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants, but ate outside at several restaurants across the road at Zetounay Bay.
My only complaint is minor: The Four Seasons quotes their rates in USD, converts them to LBP at one rate (1507), and then converts them back to USD at a lower rate (1477) when they charge your credit card. This adds up to a small difference in their favor. In my case it amounted to a total of USD 20 over three nights. Since I was checking out at 4 am and rushing to the airport to catch a flight, I did not argue about it. But they did the same thing last year and I did argue about it and they agreed to do both conversions at the same rate. This kind of billing behavior is not becoming of any hotel, particularly a Four Seasons hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a Mediterranean view are excellent but even City View rooms, with large balconies, are pl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank London06
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear London06,

Thank you staying with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut during Christmas last year, and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I'm very glad that you have noticed an improvement in the overall service, since the last time you visited us.

I understand your concerns in regards to the exchange rate, and will make sure to look further into this with the team.

Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went back for a business conference. The facilities were top notch, though I found the meeting room to be small, not sure if this was due to our booking or the hotel. Had a 9th floor room with a sea view and balcony. Too cold to open the door. Internet is average and needs updating. There is nothing to do in the hotel, which was not a problem this trip since I was mostly working.

The good service part is that when getting dressed for the airport, I broke my shoelaces. Housekeeping actually had one available for me. It was the wrong size and not waxed but got the job done until I reached home. Pretty impressive that they would keep spare shoe laces.

The spa is absurdly expensive and see no reason to use it. Pool was closed. I have to see this phantom pool, this is my second trip and the pool was closed still

Dear SingaporeKAP,

I thank you very much for sharing a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

It is great to know that you found our facilities top notch, and would like to assure you that the provided meeting room is not related to the hotel room you had booked, but rather the availability and number of guests.

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback to our Director of Rooms, Pantelis Korovilas, in regards to the pool's operation times. As discussed, the pool is open all year long, and whenever you decide to visit us in the future, at anytime of the year, please make sure to experience the highest rooftop pool in the city!

On behalf of the Four Seasons team, I look forward to welcoming you back to this lovely city, very soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Loved every minute of our 2weeks stay in may of 2013. Views are amazing and breakfast buffet always so yummy. Staff where all very nice . Lovely pool and poolside night club. Cute and charming personalized service. Airport pickup very convenient. Cab across street can take u anywhere. We rented a car..wish there was a way to self park rather than valet all time. This hotel is a jewel and we shall stay there every year when we go to visit our family.

Room Tip: Beach views are totally worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear lala1232013,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following you two-week experience with us.

What a pleasure it is to learn that your stay was up to your expectations, in terms of employee service, views, breakfast, The Roof spot, and airport pick-up.

The team at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and I are very much looking forward to welcome you back the next time you visit Lebanon to see the family!

Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the first moment you enter the hotel, you feel the negative energy, a small lobby reflects the poor taste, the rooms are average, the wireless internet doesn't work anywhere except at the lobby, the breakfast is HORRIBLE, weird, no variety and taste like [--]. The hotel staff is helpful in term of words only but no action....
It is overpriced compared to its poor service quality.
Diffidently I will never stay there again. and I don't recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Mohamed K
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear muhammedkhalifa,

I would like to thank you for your honest feedback on TripAdvisor, and for the time you spent today discussing your concerns with our Director of Food and Beverage, Mr. Christian Klaus and our Director of Rooms, Mr. Pantelis Korovilas.

We take feedback very seriously, and as such, our Managers have noted down the aspects that we can work to improve on.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.