“Found my inner-self at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Beirut, Lebanon
“Found my inner-self at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Dear Four Seasons Hotel Beirut,

I just would like to write about my very special experiences in your hotel.

I have visited "The Spa" for the first time in this August. I tried "Arabian exotics".
The therapist from Thai, Nicha, she was really treating my body and face in such a good way, and the scent of Sodashi products...yes, the products guided me to the steps that I have never known in any other spa.

I used to be a kind of fascinated lover of spa, and I myself had a dream to be a specialist of Reflexology.

I enjoyed spa in Japan, Indonesia, etc., I quite often went to spas around the world.
Last year, I went to Australia with my mom and I chose the spa in Perth.

It was the first time I encountered Sodashi products, but since only my mom tried spa,I didn't have opportunity to try Sodashi.

So, it is the very interesting connection between me and Sodashi, just like the first time you meet someone who looks very nice in another country, and then you have the chance to meet this same person again, and you start to know the real value and truth of the person.

When Nicha put the aroma blended oil on her hand and asked me to ex-haul and inhale, not only my nose, but I felt my soul was stricken by the real natural scent. After the treatment finished, my face was sparkling with true beauty.

I have tried so many cosmetics here and there for a long time.
Every time when I see the package, I feel disappointed to see the ingredients to know how much chemicals, etc. are included.

Sometimes I tried what is called organic or natural cosmetics, but they also include some chemicals, or the result was something strange for me. So I always try to tell myself,
"This one doesn't include too much chemicals, so it is better than the other..."
I tried to compromise myself, because I always hear the voice from my heart that,
"Hey, please use the real natural thing for the face. Please..."

I have tried very well-known brand cosmetics. To be honest, I was astonished to see many chemical ingredients, but knowing that beautiful famous ladies use these brands, you are fooled to think they are good.

Until I met Sodashi...

On the way to go back from "The Spa", I decided to make Sodashi as
the best and final life partner for my skin.

The second journey to your Spa was in this Sep. I tried “Beirut Bliss”.
When I entered the spa, the atmosphere and the serenity of "The Spa" immediacy calmed down my heart. Just like when the Buddhists go to the special temples, their heart, spirit, soul are immediately calmed down.

I was very happy to know that the same therapist would treat me again, since she was so excellent.

This time, the experience that I had was something else.

It was the journey to return to myself again. I reached the place where I really could deeply relax, not with others, even my dearest husband or friends, but me myself.

I realized for the first time that a spa experience can be true meditation.I felt many things, my good things in the past, my painful things in the past and in the end, I really appreciated to myself, my body, my spirit that have survived with me and being with me all the moment of my life.

The time in your hotel was very very special for me!

Your spa name is called, "The Spa", and truly, since all what the genuine spa should have for the people who want to find the last spa for relaxation are perfectly included in your spa, it has the honor to be called "The Spa".

From this naming, I feel strong passion and desire of your staffs to wish their guests to be fully relaxed and improved.

Your staffs are evolving day by day to find the better, the more comfortable treatment for their guests.

On a final note, I would like to add the comment about "The Boulevard".

I really respect the staffs there, since they really know the good timing to come to ask order, or just leave the guests, etc. Because they are the people who can stand on other people shoes.

I recently enjoyed the delicate “Mille-feuille” which was new on the menu. It was a very simple and very sophisticated sweet and so delicious.

I enjoy the heart-soul-joyful moment in your hotel..I wish I could have such a relationship with your hotel, just like Mille-feuille.

I appreciate all the staffs who are always kindly welcoming me, especially my very dearest friend, Ms. Rabab, who taught me the true beauty of Lebanon, and Mr. Charbel, the spa manager, both two continuous effort-makers in your hotel.

Thank you so much.

Room Tip: The Spa at Four Seasons is a must try. After that enjoy the breakfast or a nice dessert at The Boule...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eiko M
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Eiko,

I would like to truly thank you for such an honest and beautiful feedback you gave on our Spa and the Sodashi products, following your recent visits to our spa.

I am very happy to know that you will always be back to our hotel for more great experiences, and I look forward to welcoming you again and again to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut!

Stefan Simkovics

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Beirut was great but I would not choose to stay in the four seasons if I visited again. We stayed here for 2 nights in June. The main benefit of staying in a good hotel is the incredible service. I found it seriously lacking at this four seasons.

The hotel was recommended for its rooftop pool. The pool was nice, but it is definitely not worth staying at the hotel just for the pool. The hotel is by the port which is a ten minute walk from central parts of Beirut and is near a new complex on the waterside which is essentially a shopping center with lots of restaurants. I found the immediate area and hotel itself soulless. If I went back again I would stay somewhere more central with more of a feeling of being in Beirut (rather than any hotel anywhere in the world). Friends stayed at le Grey, which for a similar price I thought seemed to have a lot more charm.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park or apartments or whatever it is around the back of the hotel are not very...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear LondonCity2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I appreciate the comments you made, and I would be very interested to learn more and help address some of your concerns, if you would like to have a more in-depth discussion, please contact me directly on stefan.simkovics@fourseasons.com and we can arrange a time to speak.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut in the near future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Love everything about it,location,food,cleanliness. ask for a sea view room so you won't miss the beautiful view of zeitouna bay and the marina. My only concern was the pool more seats are needed. Love it and will defiantly stay there again

• Stayed August 2013
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Yasmeens,

I thank you very much for taking the time to follow your stay with us with such a great review on TripAdvisor!

Thank you for all your compliments on our hotel, especially on the location, food and cleanliness.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed August 24, 2013

looking for luxury hotels in Beirut? not much choices you have! but the FS is the one and only as its 2-3- years old with a perfect location on the sea side and next to the Zaytona Bay ( yacht marina with restaurants and bars)

the hotel check in process is perfect, specious rooms as usual, restaurants and lounges are superb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear SAZ040,

I would like to thank you for the great feedback you gave following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I highly appreciate your compliments on our standards, hotel location, restaurants and lounges.

How delightful it is to know that your whole experience from the moment of check-in till your check-out was up to your expectations!

On behalf of the Four Seasons Beirut team, I look forward to welcoming you back to this lovely city, Beirut, very soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ticks all the boxes in my book:

- Location: perfect spot, just minutes walk from the beach-front promenade and city centre Souk
- Rooms: Correct size, with all the latest amenities living up to a high standard
- Facilities: fabtastic swimming pool reserved for guests only (please keep it this way)!!
- Service: well trained, we groomed staff that will make you feel comfortably

I have no cons to report. It is more expensive than its "competitors" (ie. Phoenicia).. But in this case, your money will be very well spent, as none of the others match this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MatFab
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear MatFab,

It was indeed a pleasure to read such a great review for Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on TripAdvisor!

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed input on the different aspects of our hotel, such as the location, rooms, facilities, and the service.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut very soon, and to giving you another fantastic experience!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Four Seasons is a good five star deluxe hotel. Good but not great and barely comparable to more outstanding Four Seasons Hotels such as the magnificent one in Sultanahmet, Istanbul.
The hotel lobby is spacious and comfortable but definitely lacks the touch that makes a great place: No beautiful flower bouquets, not any precious artwork or piece of furniture. Moreover, it could have been a Sheraton or an Intercontinental, it could have been in Ryad or in Hong Kong.

The Bar and the dining room at the first floor are definitely more appealing. The latter serve a very fine cuisine. Then you have the rooftop and swimming pool at the 26th floor. This place is definitely worth a visit even if you don't stay at the hotel, as you have a 360 degrees eye catching view embracing Beirut Central District. The place is very enjoyable, but we have two issues:
First is in the materials used for construction and furnishing, that are (or look) very cheap and aren't suitable for a hotel of that class.
Second, when we ordered our drinks, we were offered two bowls filled of chips, one regular the other spicy. Although the chips looked really unattractive an oily, we gave a try. Sorry to say such a vulgar word, but it was absolutely disgusting. The worst chips we ever ate. We asked the waiter if we could get something else (cucumbers or pistachio...), the waiter replied that these were the only nibbling available, coming straight from Malaysia (!). He added that we could order food from the menu.

We are not going to ask Four Seasons to rebuilt or furnish again the hotel, but at least do something about these chips...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BaronBaron,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

It is definitely unfortunate to hear that you were not satisfied completely with the two noted aspects of your stay, and I am sorry to hear the furniture at The Pool and chips offered were not up to your expectations.

I would be very interested to learn more and help address some of your concerns, if you would like to have a more in-depth discussion, and you feel that I can help, please contact me directly on stefan.simkovics@fourseasons.com, and we can arrange a time to speak.

I do hope you will afford us another opportunity with a return visit in the future to this lovely city, Beirut!

Stefan Simkovics,
Anderlues
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I spent 5 days's in this hotel for business ( week July 30 till August 03) and, i'll highlight my observations in SWOT form as usual, although this time it's going to be easy...
Strengths :
- Lovely rooms, both quit and with high standard equipment and materials. My room was a superior sea view room on the 10'th floor. Airco system amazingly quiet- just perfect !
- Food : Although the ramadan period was somewhere " modifying" the regular service timings, the quality of the food is extraordinary, and this for all meals i had. Whether it was breakfast, a quick bite at noon, or a juicy steak in the grill-room, all were just lovely.
- Service : 4 season's standard and even above. Classy without being pushy, just the way i like it.
- Quality of materials in my seminar room : no minusses , all operational and comfortable.
- Swimming pool area at topfloor : Clean, enough space, chilling music, lovely bar and great views.

As for the Weaknesses, Opportunities or Threats, it's easy for me this time. In don't have any.
Taking into account that i consider myself as being quit severe and demanding ( due to the fact that i'm living a good part of my life in these hotels, i guess this is quit normal..) - I consider this stay as being one of my best experiences in this region of the world.
Just keep it this way, congrats !
I recommend the venue both for Business and leasure ( situated in front of the marina)

Room Tip: Any Sea-side and as from 8'th floor should do
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear castorateur,

I'd like to thank you for the time you took to give your valuable feedback following your stay with us at Four Seasons.

What a pleasure to read your compliments on the rooms, the food, the service, the meeting rooms, and the rooftop pool.

We are very honored to note that throughout your stay, your whole experience was positive and up to your expectations.

Finally, thank you for recommending our hotel. I definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, the next time you decide to visit this lovely city!