“I'm sold!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Beirut
London
“I'm sold!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place is amazing. The staff were absolute saints. Great hotel in a truly amazing city. Exceptional service all around. Expensive but worth it, and if you want cheap just stay elsewhere. Superb location for wandering around Beirut and a quick taxi ride to Gemmayze for the clubs/bars. My stay definitely played a part in starting my (fairly immediate) love affair with Beirut.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Jaytona75,

I am delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was truly an enjoyable one.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor on our property. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and had wonderful time in the lovely city of Beirut.

I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities and our staff and I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut in the near future.

Stefan Simkovics

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I've just checked out of the Four Seasons Beirut after a five-night stay, my first in the city. I also took the opportunity to check out the other hotels about which I had read and heard so much: Le Gray, the Phoenicia, and the Movenpick.

The staff at the Four Seasons are superb, friendly and helpful. Apparently there is very high turn over but this didn't show, except that there was some confusion as to whether breakfast was included in my rate or not - that depended upon which staff member I asked. In the end it was ok and the issue resolved satisfactorily.

I liked the rooftop pool but I was surprised that the sun was off the pool after 4 pm. Bad design on the architect's part. The Movenpick pool looked superb (two of them) and that would be a draw for me next time, although it was disappointing that outside guests could not lunch by their pool and get a flavour of the hotel.

Four Seasons has a wonderful spa and steam, and the massage I had from the manager, Shelby, was really one of the best I've experienced in recent years. I would definitely return for that.

The hotel's location, opposite the new marina complex Zeitouna Bay (with some lovely restaurants) is really excellent. It is at the start of the Corniche which makes for a very nice walk each morning to the Menara (lighthouse) where le tout Beirut are out walking and exercising.

The excellent concierge team arranged my excursion to the Roman ruins at Baalbek, a day trip which is well worth seeing (also the Bekaa Valley, Ksara winery and the other ruins at Anjar, don't miss them). Well priced at $80 and just three of us in the minivan.

Yes, the Four Seasons is expensive but this hotel lives up to the luxury moniker. Lovely rooms (I was upgraded, apparently, but was disappointed that my view was still the city view and not a sea view given it was my first time and a five night stay) and great bathrooms too. Shame that the hotel does not participate in the American Express Platinum Card program, especially since it is probably the city's best hotel.

I did check out Le Grey which I thought had a wonderful cafe and great staff. I didn't get to see the rooftop pool and restaurant (next time) and I also went to see the Phoenicia which has a lovely pool area but strangely it is not open until May 1 (and this when the weather was 80 degrees in April - stupid!). I tried their spa, once again, steam and sauna under maintenance and the massage just very average and not memorable at all. Four Seasons wins on the spa score.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel to give you a sea view. It is all about the sea in Beirut.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Discerninglrish,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent trip to Beirut.

I am delighted to note that you have experienced a pleasant time with us. I appreciate the comments you made, these are an excellent tool for our team to learn more about our guests experience and to also ensure that we are able to create the highest of standards for our guests stay.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel the next time you are in Lebanon!

udhailiyah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

stayed here after a disappointing stay at another Beirut hotel that pretends to be a 5 star. The Four Seasons is the real thing; luxury rooms and excellent service in the perfect Glamour location in Beirut. Be warned, its expensive !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Dear yusuf41,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities and services.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Best room in Beirut. Excellent bathroom. Extremely clean room and a kick-*** roof pool.

amazing sea view overlooking the Mediterranean and marina.

the location is also excellent considering the walking distance to Corniche, Zeitouna Bay, Solidere and many 5 star restaurants

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Dhahran,

I highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and I am delighted to note that you’ve enjoyed the hotel, your room and the pool.

Thank you for posting those lovely images of the view from the hotel and the areas surrounding it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel ( 24 - 26 february 2012 ) during my anneversary.
The hotel is very good location in beirut, walking distance to the beurit modern shoping, the area is very good for walking nearby the sea, the staff is proffisoinal & very frindly, the food is awsome & the breakast buffet is very luxuries, the swimming pool in under maitemance.

Room Tip: i stated ni the ( premiuem room, it was a sea view room ) its very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear adhusny,

Again I would like to wish you a happy life together!

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities.

Thank you for posting the photos from your stay, lovely shots.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut once again.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Was great to be recognised (albeit my second trip to the hotel), to have great service, food, staff friendliness and flexibility. The location us wonderful too and everyone is proudly Lebanese/Beiruti!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear tmouganie,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay in Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, regarding the staff, the facilities and the service.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and it was a pleasure having you again at your home in Beirut.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I found this very modern, sky-scraping hotel on the waterfront right above the new Marina in downtown Beirut to be of the usual very high standard. I had a sea-facing room on a high floor, but I believe high floor views of the city are excellent too. A spacious room with large balcony with wooden furniture, good sized bathroom with separate walk-in shower and bath and L'Occitane toiletries. Free wifi (superior service for streaming video, etc at a charge) and plenty of business and holiday amenities with good work desk, lightning, etc and quiet air-conditioning. I ate in the grill restaurant, very much a steak house in an international mould, but the quality was absolutely superb. All the staff I met where charming and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Scotsmantravelling,

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities and our staff.