“Le Best of the Best”
Review of Le Gray Beirut

Le Gray Beirut
Ranked #1 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel was absolutely the best I've stayed at!
The rooms are superbly designed, the tranquility is like no other despite the fact that it's located at the heart of Beirut City!
The attention to detail is simply amazing and the overall experience is unforgettable!
I had the best quality of sleep, woke up, made myself a delicious cup of coffee with their sophisticated coffee machines included in every room.
I enjoyed the lunches and dinners and tried out every restaurant at the hotel... The quality was truly outstanding...
The views of this hotel are breathtaking! You can enjoy the beauty of this city from every corner you stand in.
I'd highly recommend this hotel because the experience will truly be like no other!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Anita V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor, following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Le Gray experience and took advantage of our Downtown location and ‘breathtaking’ views.

It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to try out all of our restaurants during your visit. We take great pride in offering our guests the highest level of quality and service and the whole team was most encouraged by your positive words.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Rana K. El-Khoury,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

You know when your hotel stay is going to be a bit special when the only guy dressed in a suit in the airport is holding a framed plaque with your name printed on it. And the same guy politely takes you to get your mobile phone registered to use in Lebanon, then escorts you to the other side of the airport to buy a SIM card, before pushing your luggage trolley to a waiting Audi A8 with the engine purring and a friendly driver at the wheel. Once inside and en route to Beirut the same guy, Jack, now sitting in the front passenger seat, set-up my new SIM card for me. This level of service and attention to detail says everything about Le Gray, which is one of the best city hotels I have ever stayed at.

Le Gray doesn't waste valuable space on a vast lobby. Instead it has just three reception desks which are manned 24/7 to ensure that guests' needs are catered for swiftly and efficiently.
Once upstairs the feel of the corridors and walkways to the guest rooms have more in common with a modern art museum than a hotel. Every time I walked back to my room I felt relaxed and calmed by the sense of space, light and tranquility… Gordon Campbell Gray and Mary Fox Linton have done an incredible job designing Le Gray.

My huge dark grey bathroom was sleek, luxurious and most importantly perfectly functional.

The Jura coffee machine made a pleasant change from Nespresso, and the fresh milk in a jug in the fridge was just what one would expect from a top class hotel.

Breakfast served to my room was a culinary delight.

The free Wi-Fi worked perfectly throughout the hotel, and I didn't have to keep logging-in my numerous devices.

Mirielle in the hotel's Pure Gray Spa & Club gave me one of the best mani pedi's I've had in a long time.

Lunch at Indigo On The Roof was delicious with generous portions, and the views across the city's rooftops and Blue Mosque made it very difficult to leave… as did the delicious Lebanese Sauvignon Blanc I enjoyed with my meal.

For the above plus so many other details too numerous to mention here, Le Gray is quite simply the best hotel in Beirut.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room on a high floor facing the downtown area
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher_Giovanni
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Christopher_Giovanni,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit.

To say we were pleased with your comments, would be an understatement! Knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations in every aspect of your stay, was hugely rewarding and has motivated the whole team. Jack, in particular, was touched that you mentioned his efforts.

I am delighted that you consider Le Gray, the best hotel in Beirut, and look forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I planned to surprise my wife on our 1st year anniversary and thus booked at Le Gray. From the moment we entered that space, we felt the difference. Our hostess was remarkable, our room was amazing. Everything in order and in place, remarkable Interior design and architecture. Fine dining at Indigo is not to be missed. As soon as they new it was a wedding anniversary, upgrades fell from the sky, cakes entering every once in a while ... i tell you .... i have not been treated like that in Vegas! Great experience, we will definitely repeat it.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salim K
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Salim K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Le Gray. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy first anniversary.

Knowing that we were able to make the experience so memorable is music to our ears! It was truly a team effort, from our Rooms Division to those at Indigo on the Roof restaurant.

I certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I rate this hotel 6. Excellent staff, detail to guest needs and wants. Since we travel a lot and stay in many types of hotel, I would have to say Le Gray has the edge. I think they should show some if the other so called 5 star rating hotels a few ideas. Keep up the great service. We will be recommending this hotel to our friends for sure. Will be visiting the Carlisle in Antigua next time I go home to the Caribbean.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Nadia K,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray during your recent visit to Beirut.

I am delighted to read such wonderful comments. It is feedback such as yours that motivates us to keep doing what we do, ensuring the best quality of service at all times.

I hope you will have the opportunity to stay at our sister hotel in Antigua, Carlisle Bay, and you will revisit us at Le Gray in the very near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Le Gray is a very luxurious, hip boutique hotel with a cozy family feeling thanks to the wonderfully helpful and friendly staff and large, well-appointed and comfortable rooms. I stayed there for almost a month for work and it was perfect. The staff did whatever they could to accommodate our many requests. There was no business office but you don't need one. Reception took care of all requests. It's also got a great location, in the heart of Solidere, surrounded by ancient churches and mosques and roman ruins, good restaurants and upscale shopping, and a short walk from the Prime Ministry, Zeitouna Bay and Ashrafia. Beautiful and interesting artwork and a lovely aqua blue eternity pool overlooking the city.

Room Tip: Ask for the view you want, overlooking the sea or the ancient mosques and churches
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear CairoWelltraveled,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that everything was ‘perfect’ and you enjoyed our facilities and rooms, not to mention the consistently high level of service. Such feedback is most encouraging to the team who work extremely hard.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Gray in the very near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Le Gray Beirut is an amazing hotel, but outside of the great location, amazing rooms, what differentiates this hotel from every other 5 star hotel in the world is it's SERVICE & CONCIERGE.

Lisa Jerejian who heads the Concierge was amazing in providing us great restaurant recommendations and made our experience one to remember forever. In addition, the staff (Maher Abou Tacca) was so great to us and made my wife experiences great. This is the best hotel in Beirut and the only hotel in Beirut to stay.

I can't say enough great things about the hotels staff and feel every hotel can learn something from this hotel.

Thanks Le Gray and see you soon.

Raees Ebrahim

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Raees Ebrahim,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share with us your feedback on trip advisor.

I am thrilled to see you have enjoyed your stay and that the team was a major part of making your visit an enjoyable one.

Both Maher and Lisa were extremely happy and grateful you have specifically mentioned their efforts.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

General manager

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Best hotel in lebanon and in the middle of beirut were we have shopping and restaurant and you feel the christmas spirits every were, the restaurant superb quality and qunatity keep on and great job to every one

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Rami K,

Thank you for staying with us recently during your business trip to Beirut.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience at Le Gray, and really appreciated the fact that you took the time to log in your feedback on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.