Le Gray Beirut
Agoda.com
$216
$203
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscigar loungeindigo restaurantmassage sessionvisited lecorner suiteinfinity poolcoffee machinerooftop restaurantheart of downtownfour seasonsprofessional staffluxury hotelgreat hospitalityrooms are largerestaurants and barsamazing serviceamazing hotel
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Best hotel in lebanon and in the middle of beirut were we have shopping and restaurant and you feel the christmas spirits every were, the restaurant superb quality and qunatity keep on and great job to every one

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Rami K,

Thank you for staying with us recently during your business trip to Beirut.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience at Le Gray, and really appreciated the fact that you took the time to log in your feedback on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Travelling on a charitable trip and stayed here. Our group was very impressed with the setting, the rooms, the friendly staff, and cleanliness of the outside and inside. Seemed like we were staying in Hawaii. You cannot go wrong and will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have the best views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear William W,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent stay with us. I hope your charitable visit was most successful.

I am extremely happy to see you have enjoyed our facilities and rooms and especially our service. Feedback such as yours is what entices us to offer the best quality of service at all times!

I look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy festive season and a wonderful New Year

Reviewed December 9, 2013

this is the e-mail i wrote to Mrs. Rita Chbeir Saad (public relation manager of Le Gray Hotel in Beirut).Dear Rita,
here below my comments regarding my staying at Le Gray Hotel in Beirut the 6th and 7th December 2013.

Arrival by taxi in the area in front of the Hotel.
It was a total disaster. The area in front of the hotel entrances was like a Bazar, too many cars parked in the front of the small entrance without any order, create only a confusion not an organized services, too many employees doing same job, creating even more confusion three persons to get our luggages out of the taxi, too many cars allowed to enter to the small arrival area at the same time, to add to that, the taxi driver that took us from the airport to the Le Gray Hotel was trying to rape me in the sense that he was asking $ 100 for a journey from the airport to the Le Gray Hotel that should me maximum $ 20. The hotel employee that was collecting the bags was listening to the conversation without try at all to protect the hotel client to be raped. They know it, there are arrival from the airport all the time, they should protect the clients not to be raped it is a nice thing to do that qualify the hotel or the contrary if they don't do it.

Lobby:
inside the lobby, there were three desks with two chairs in front of each of them, in front of our desk, the first on the right, a young blond lady was on duty, two persons were seated in the two chairs, there were not hotel clients but friend of the lady having a private meeting? I don't know. I had to wait to do the cheek in when they have finish their conversation. The first impression you receive at the reception of Le Gray Hotel is a sense of confusion and a disorganized service.

Arrival at the room 216,
The lift very clean and fast. The central round area from the lift to reach the room was covered by a stinking light grey-blue carpet, you could feel the dust, you could feel a very bad air in all the areas of the hotel, very unhealthy.
Inside the room, the same feeling of uncleaned room and was even even stinking, the windows could not be opened. You could feel that the room was superficially cleaned.
The luggages arrived after 15 minutes, i had to call twice to receive them in the room.
Going out to the first appointment.
A real disaster, i call for 30 minutes from the room to get a porter because i need to take my luggages to the meeting, no one reply for 30 minutes, that was between 15,30 and 16,00 of the arrival day, I had to carry myself two very heavy luggages to the taxi, when the 5 or 6 employees at the reception sow me arriving in the lobby from the room with the two heavy bags they all come around me to help, "i have refused to give them the luggages", it was too late.
Again all the employee working in the hotel front area were not able to find a taxi, not calling a radio taxi, not looking to get a taxi, they didn't take care of me, they were not interested, i had to start shouting to receive some attention and one of them start searching for a taxi. Only a great sense of confusion without any common sense.

When i come back from my meeting, I meet you and i let you know what was happened. I have received later a letter of excuse in my room.

In the evening when i arrive back at the hotel from the dinner, i saw again the same confusion in the lobby and the same feeling of disorganization.
i ask the reception if it was possible to open the windows of the room 216, it was not possible so they moved me to a new bigger room 315 with a balcony were I could open the windows, the room was clean and not stinking because was without carpet, this as a confirmation that is the carpet that stink and is full of dust.

What is missing at my opinion is : A CLEAR JOB DESCRIPTION TO EACH ONE OF YOUR EMPLOYEE, they are doing all the same things without any criteria.

The bed :
very uncomfortable sleep, the was a rubber sheet to protect the mattress that was very unpleasant, i had to took it away, the bed sheets were in a synthetic fabric very unpleasant.

The breakfast at the 5th floor was nice, the worst thing there were orrible wacs sculptures all over the 5th floor. Bad taste, should be removed.

I had a lunch at the Cafè, the food was good, the service was terrible, we ask for two bottles of mineral water, : 1 without gas normal temperature and 1 with gas chilled, we have receive two with gas chilled but only one glass, we ask to change the wrong one, we have finally received the correct one but only with one glass, i drink directly from the bottle (we had only one glass) even in front of the waiter but he didn't understand my message. Also at the restaurant a lot of waiters running everywhere but in a very disorganized way.

I suggest to send all your employees at the reception to go to have a coffee at The Four Seasons Hotel in Beirut, to go and see how to serve the client from the arrival moment to his departure. It is a five stars hotel as you are but in comparison you should be maximum a 3 stars hotel. A different class over there. Everything is perfect. Send your receptionist, your staff of the arrival area. Your waiters. Send them for 1 hour a day as going to school. They have to see and learn.

I suggest to do the following thing at Le Gray Hotel :

Arrival area, get the rope, like at the airport, to delimit the arrival area, an employee should open the rope only to let in one car at the time, let the car inside the arrival area, let the client out, take the luggages out and the car leave from the other side. You open to the next car, etc. you will be fast, the client will notice it, one employee is responsible to collect of the luggages and deliver them in the room together with the client.

The arrival area should always be a free area, not with too many peoples, only the necessary one, also you should have a telephone outside to call the radio taxi for the clients.

The reception, I would eliminate the chairs in front of the three desks because there used from peoples that have nothing to do and they are not clients, the chairs are dirty.

The reception is a very important area for the hotel, has to be perfectly organized.

I also suggest to change the uniform, they are old models.

At the restaurant cafè, near the lobby, you should have a professional "restaurant manager" to supervise the waiters, give their job description and rules. Same thing at the Reception area.

CLEAN, CLEAN THE HOTEL FROM THE DUST IN EVERY AREA, YOU CAN FEEL THE DUST AND THE STINK, IN THE ROOMS AND ALSO IN THE SPACE AROUND THE ROOMS.

ORGANIZE WELL THE ARRIVAL AREA.

This is my opinion,

Best wishes,
eo

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank eo b
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear eo b,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.

I have indeed received your letter through our Public Relations Manager; I will personally take the time to review it and I will get back to you separately regarding each and every point.
We are conducting regular service audit checks and we have already addressed the several helpful points you have raised. Please accept our apologies for the frustrations you have encountered during your stay.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy Festive Season.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Took my wife to Beirut for a long weekend and opted for Le Gray after some inside tips from locals and habitual visitors. We were not disappointed. From our arrival the staff went out of their way to be welcoming, helpful and generally friendly without being in the least obsequious. The hotel itself is ideally located, tastefully decorated and with excellent insulation against the traffic noise. Sadly didn't get to use the rooftop pool - will have to come back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear beaviscoma,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent stay in Beirut.
It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback especially regarding the team and our service.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is the perfect place to stay in downtown Beirut. It has everything from very large rooms, to a decent spa and gym. Staff is exceptional. I was fortunate to have been upgrade and my room had a beautiful balcony with a vew of the harbor. Fantastic to watch the mist rising over the mountains. The bar on the 7th floor is awesome with a great view of one of the mosques. Central location, you can walk downtown easily and not feel unsafe. The hotel sent a car to pick me up at the airport. It was a little pricey, but again, safe. The only downside was the breakfast. It was very, very good with Lebanese specialty choices, but expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for the views and harbor view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalisa12

Dear Kalisa 12,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on trip advisor.

I am thrilled to see you have enjoyed your stay and have appreciated our central location.
I am sorry that you felt our airport transfer and breakfast were expensive. We always ensure that our pricing is in line with the other five star hotels in Beirut.

I look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,