“Will never stay anywhere else”
Review of Le Gray Beirut

Le Gray Beirut
Ranked #1 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is the perfect place to stay in downtown Beirut. It has everything from very large rooms, to a decent spa and gym. Staff is exceptional. I was fortunate to have been upgrade and my room had a beautiful balcony with a vew of the harbor. Fantastic to watch the mist rising over the mountains. The bar on the 7th floor is awesome with a great view of one of the mosques. Central location, you can walk downtown easily and not feel unsafe. The hotel sent a car to pick me up at the airport. It was a little pricey, but again, safe. The only downside was the breakfast. It was very, very good with Lebanese specialty choices, but expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for the views and harbor view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalisa12
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Kalisa 12,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on trip advisor.

I am thrilled to see you have enjoyed your stay and have appreciated our central location.
I am sorry that you felt our airport transfer and breakfast were expensive. We always ensure that our pricing is in line with the other five star hotels in Beirut.

I look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

There are newer reviews for Le Gray Beirut

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent a month here for work and I couldn't have asked for a better home away from home. The staff was absolutely delightful and kind - and because of that I missed many of them when I left. The rooms are very spacious as are the bathrooms. The gym is nice and never full. The spa downstairs is a good treat when you want to spoil yourself. Wifi is provided and fast. And the location is in the heart of downtown Beirut and a short walk from pretty much anything you need.
I've stayed in many 5-star hotels around the world but the Le Gray in Beirut outshines most. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear A P,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent stay with us.
I am thrilled to read such positive remarks on the hotel and the team; and to name Le Gray your home away from home proves to me we have succeeded in making your stay a memorable one; and that is the purpose behind all our efforts.

We can’t wait to have you back as well,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been there with my family and we had two connecting rooms. From the moment you set your feet inside the lobby, you feel special. I was with 1 toddler and 1 baby, the hotel staff was so helpful and the rooms are big enough to feel at ease.
Everything about this place is great, except the size of the pool on the roof.
I will definetely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Genynch,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting your lovely review on trip advisor.
I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your experience at Le Gray and that we made your Beirut visit as memorable as possible.

My team and I look forward to welcome you and the family back in the near future.

Rana K. El Khoury

Reviewed November 13, 2013

we stayed in Beirut for 3 days after touring Jordan and found Le Gray a wonderful place to recover and to enjoy the delights of the Lebanon. the hotel organised an excellent driver Mohammed & guide Tony plus retrieved a lost bag from the airport with speedy efficiency.
special thanks to Lisa for organising our restaurant bookings (Casablanca not to be missed) and for the surprise puddings - also the restaurant staff for the wonderful breakfasts on the roof.
we didn't have enough time & can't wait to revisit

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Worthieshale,

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience at Le Gray, and really appreciate you taking the time to log in your comments on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Getting the right information on what to do and where to go beyond the path much travelled was surprisingly tricky in Beirut... definitely a place to go once you are in the know! Luckily, following much frustration, we happened upon Le Gray. There is your average everyday concierge, and then there is Lisa Jerejian. Not only did she go out of her way to remove the brick walls we'd been banging our head against, but she immediately understood what we were looking for and went out of her way to get us there. It wasn't just a case of pointing us in the right direction, however, everything, including our means of transport, were provided for. Without this chance encounter then our experience of Beirut would have been very different. It's always nicer to come home enthusing over a holiday rather than just being polite, and if you're not sure whether to stay at Le Gray or somewhere a little cheaper, then it's worth bearing that in mind! Incredible service and definitely the place I'll be staying in when I return next year with friends and colleagues in tow... in truth I wouldn't be considering a return without Le Gray's, and more importantly, Lisa's input.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Harry8185,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your wonderful post on trip advisor.
It is true that one does need directions to go around in Lebanon; I am thrilled to know that you managed to have a great time here with the help of our dedicated team member Lisa!

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I already reviewed the Le Gray but since its my 3rd time staying there I must again emphasize what an amazing unique property this is.The Indigo on the Roof sets you up for an awesome start, a buffet breakfast is served inside or outside(we chose outside)Our server the cute lady with a pony tail (forgot her name)professional efficient and courteous .The cigar lounge has many little bites all scrumptious and a relaxed peaceful atmosphere just perfect for good conversation.Samar from room service I have to again mention, because she is outstanding.The head of Housekeeping(Fadi?) checked on us many times to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.Amazing.I of course have to mention Lisa at the front Desk.She started off by greeting me with a hug, then had something super sweet to say to all 5 of us every day, many times a day.Furthermore she did many inquiries on our behalf,and also took care of our numerous dinner reservations and answered so many of our questions.Everything was done professionally, efficiently with a superb smile.What an asset to the Le Gray this lady is.As for Le Gray it is the only place to stay in Beirut nothing compares or comes even close not in Europe not in the US not in China or Hong Kong,It is THE BEST.

Room Tip: I love love the Corner suite ,it is very spacious with a huge glass window taking the whole wall and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rhonaalice

Dear rhonaalice,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray once again for your return visit to Beirut. We are all very happy to see how rewarding our efforts have been!
I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to mention each one of the team that made your stay even more enjoyable.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hotel was recommended by a friend who previously stayed at this property. Great recommendation. Hotel is near shopping and restaurants,all within easy walking distance. Service was excellent from check in to check out. Roof top bar in the evening, not really my cup of tea, but ok to have a drink and watch people get their groove on. Highly recommend and would stay again. Boutique property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jahv227,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback on trip advisor. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our convenient location.
Please pass on our regards to your friend who recommended us to you. We are delighted to have gained a new ambassador to Le Gray.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,