“Very trendy luxirious place where you feel very special”
Review of Le Gray Beirut

Le Gray Beirut
Ranked #1 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my husband currently live in Beirut( but we are not lebanese) and we tried many places here. We stayed in Le Gray for my birthday, beginning of march, in Deluxe Suite, for weekend and we enjoyed it so much. Its very trendy spacious room with high ceilings, designed furniture and very comfortable bed. Whole hotel is just a pleasure for eyes....Breakfasts and other meals were just perfect... we like to have our family breakfasts there on sundays too...very often we have lunch there because of its perfect location and nice food.... people mentioned prices here... come on guys Beirut is not cheap place at all(( and beleive me such a great service cannot be found everywhere.....Try Bar on the roof it has beautiful view ... Also massage at Spa was one of the best in town))))

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear My_Baby_Lelechka,

Thank you for staying with us on your very special occasion. I am glad to see you have spent a wonderful birthday celebration at Le Gray.
It is always very rewarding to receive such praises from loyal guests like yourself.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon,

With best regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at Le Gray on a three days trip to Beirut which left me with mixed impressions.
PROS:
-great location downtown in walking distance to souks right next to Mohammad Al-Amin mosque
-pretty, new hotel, spacious, modern rooms, nicely designed, beautiful bathrooms
-nice staff
-nice views from rooftop restaurant

CONS:
-pricey (could only book a suite as double rooms were apparently fully booked, yet hotel seemed empty)
-mediocre yet expensive breakfast (should at least be included in room rate)
-WIFI (although free) requires repeated login, is not available throughout hotel
-pool and pool area small
-hotel Limousine (on the way to Beiteddine driver drove like a maniac, in Beiteddine we were ripped of at a restaurant that the driver recommended, probably his cousin...)

All in all Le Grey seems like a nice hotel though and I might give it another try if going to Beirut again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Mischa G,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.
I am happy to note that you have enjoyed Le Gray’s location in Beirut central district, our modern rooms and especially the services rendered to you by our committed staff.

I have however noted your list of cons and was mostly disturbed by your comment about our limousine service; our guest safety is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured that the speeding matter has been addressed with our drivers, and a full investigation in regards to your restaurant claim is in progress.

I certainly look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was outstanding on many levels. The service is excellent, professional, and discreet. (Although I'm not sure why my hotel bill was divided into two parts, which became a headache filing business expenses.) There just didn't seem to be anything the concierge and managers could not handle.

The room was perfect. I was in a deluxe room, which had a combined sitting area (sofa, a chaise lounge, coffee table, desk & chair) and sleeping area (ie, the bed). There was a large closet area (w/minibar, fancy Italian coffee maker, safe, large open-shelving) to walk through to get to the huge bathroom. A separate standing rainforest shower, a separate WC, a bath with tv, and two sinks. There was a small balcony overlooking the swanky Solidere shopping area.

There are too many good dining options to be limited to the hotel, but we did have the breakfast buffet and it was among the nicest. Fresh fruit, great pastries, cooked foods like omelettes, yoghurt, local and imported cheeses, cereals & grains. There is the option to dine on the terrace, which is lovely in the early morning before it gets too hot at this time of the year.

The pool is also on the same floor as the dining options. It's tiny, and there are only a handful of deck chairs. There is enough sun to lie out for most of the day, but it can be a tad crowded. Drinks and food can be served.

The gym is clean and nice. It doesn't get crowded. Good machines.

There is an ATM machine just to the right of the hotel entrance when you walk out.

And finally the location. It's a few minutes walk to Solidere, where there are high street shops and high end boutiques. There is also a fabulous supermarket with lots of international brands.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear asoloist,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your wonderful feedback of Le Gray on trip advisor.
It means a lot to me and everyone on the team that you have enjoyed each aspect of your stay in Beirut and within the comfort of our hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back among us,

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Le Gray for a wedding weekend and loved it. We booked a suite and throughly enjoyed it. The spacious balcony was wonderful for breakfast, the room and bathroom were very spacious. It is perfectly located for shopping and the restaurants. Don't forget to bring your suit....the pool is amazing.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room with a balcony. You will be glad you did.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear ACAkka,

Thank you for your lovely words describing your stay at Le Gray. I am thrilled to note you have enjoyed every aspect of your time in Beirut and that our ideal location and comfortable rooms have made your stay even more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

With best regards

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I came from Baghdad desperately needing a weekend R&R. I chose Le Gray because I hoped it would have the kind of service, exquisite attention to detail and sense of being taken care of that I needed to help wipe out the madness and frustration of living in a conflict laden country.

The great news is that the experience restored my sanity. The architecture of the inner atrium was inspiring, the room (and I stayed in the cheapest) was perfectly styled in a modern simple fashion, the location was in the heart of city where a tourist could walk easily to whatever he or she needed, and the restaurants, rooftop pool and garden area were breathtaking. I also enjoyed the spa and the gym, which had everything an average traveler would need. (Although I hope they will get a pull-up bar, which I realize is not what the average person uses -- but I do. I could mention other things I wish the gym would have but I am fanatical about these things.)

But the best part of the stay was the staff. I have never in my life in all my travels met a staff that seemed to care so much for your well-being and was so over-the-top professional. No task was beyond them. (And believe me, I tested them!) All troubles smoothed away. The concierges worked really hard to help me make the most of every second I was there -- movie tickets, restaurant reservations, hiking guide and getaway trips. Even a little dessert was sent to my room just to make me feel special. (Gratis!) What struck me about the employees in general was there wasn't a false note of obsequiousness. They made me feel like they really wanted me to have a good time while I was there. And I did. I'll definitely be returning. The only thing that was not outstanding that I could possibly say is that the lobby is nothing special. And since my room was right above a busy street, I could sometimes hear horns at night.

Room Tip: If you are located above the street where Gordon Restaurant is, you may hear honking from impatient...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear JockRobbo,

I would like to thank you for having chosen Le Gray for your recent stay in Beirut, and for all the compliments you have taken the time to share with us on trip advisor. My team and I are extremely happy to have contributed in making your getaway weekend a relaxing and soothing one.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut,

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Lived in Beirut for 2 yrs and left two weeks ago so for a final treat we went for dinner on a Saturday evening to their rooftop restaurant, Indigo. Staff very attentive, knew everything about the menu/wine, the couldn't welcome us enough and the manager even chased us across to the cigar lounge afterwards to ask us if everything had been to our satisfaction. Food fantastic and very quick despite it being a busy Saturday night. We have been lucky enough to have experienced some wonderful stays in 5* hotels and eaten at Michelin star restaurants and this one is up there with them. Can't recommend it enough.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear MrsLapin,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments about our restaurant and lounge “Indigo on the Roof”.
My team and I are thrilled to see we have contributed in making your farewell from Beirut a memorable one.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you to Le Gray once again when you come back to the city,

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Then location, the designs, the service, the sophistication...everything you need to set up for a great vacation in Beirut.

The while staff Is wonderful, especially the conceirge team. You needs will be well taken care of and with style.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear kifahsemaan,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your cherished comments on trip advisor.
I love the way you have described the hotel and I am mostly very happy to see that our commitment to deliver the best service was truly appreciated.

I look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray,