“Just Perfect !!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 120 Hotels in Beirut
Athens, Greece
“Just Perfect !!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

the hotel was just perfect in every way-staff were happy,helpful,friendly & so welcoming.loved the buffet breakfast and the hotel's great location (10m away from the airport) definitely recommend this hotel and we'll be going back for sure :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Andezian,

Thank you for staying with us this summer. It is great that you think of our hotel, its location, the staff and services as perfect; we could never wish for a better adjective to describe the hotel!

I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your experience at Le Gray, and really appreciated the fact that you took the time to log in your comments on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray in the near future,

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Through work I'm fortunate to stay at a lot of nice hotels round the world and this was up there with the best of them. The rooms were spacious and the bathroom also sizable. The in room wifi was quick and easily accessible. Breakfast on the rooftop was always a highlight. The gym contains everything you need and while you fear you might wash over the side of the rooftop pool, staying too long is your only worry. The service around the hotel was great and the location perfect. My only minor complaint would be the constant harassment of the taxi drivers out the front, however you'll put up with their spruiking knowing you're staying at one of the nicest hotels in the world.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Murray S,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for complimenting Le Gray on trip advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such encouraging comments especially when it is received by frequent travelers like yourself.

I am glad to know you appreciated our location and that you enjoyed our breakfast, gym and complimentary wifi access.
I am however sorry to hear that you were bothered by the main street taxis always hovering around the hotel, which is very annoying indeed. We have since added a security person outside and hope the situation improves in the near future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to le Gray in the near future,

Vaitape, French Polynesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed for two nights at the Le Gray -- Pros: great infinity swimming pool, great location and access to anything worth seeing in Beirut, great in-room shower, and they also allowed us to check in early and check out late. Cons: good things don't come cheap, the beds were not that good, lots of dust under the bed, and most importantly the level of service (reception, concierge, etc...) which was variant with some staff (like George the concierge) being professional but very courteous while with some of the other staff, I felt that they were the guests and I was the employee. I'm not really picky or a snob but I do believe that a simple smile can take you places in the hotel business and it even some times make up for bad aspects at an establishment... All in all, I would come back for the swimming pool but would probably choose the Phoenicia Intercontinental hotel which offers a better (smiling!) service and almost the same location for basically the same price.

Room Tip: If you're willing to tolerate the noise, choose one overlooking the city street
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear GMR83Z,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

I am glad to hear you appreciated our central location and enjoyed our rooftop swimming pool.

Please accept our apologies with regards to cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. Kindly note that we are currently varnishing all our marble flooring in rooms, which will give them the spotless gleaming look once again.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on my email: Christophehazebrouck@legray.com in order to rectify some of the service inconsistencies rendered to you from our front line employees.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray,

Biel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Le Gray in downtown Beiruth was one of the best hotel i've been.
The service is excellent. We had efficient car service from and to airport, the lobby hostesses are so kind and helpfull, the room was perfectly clean, furnished and widely spacious. The design is modern and nice. Amazing pool roof. We just find The Gray one of the best hotel ever.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Angelo G
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Bieler36,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent stay in Beirut and for taking the time to post your lovely comments on trip advisor.

It is very energizing to receive such a good review titled “Simply the best” that pledges our devotion to our guests.
Your comments are a recognition we are on the right path to guest excellence and a motivation to keep up the good work.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great hotel - staff were really great and everything was wonderful.
Would definitely stay there again. Excellent choice for friends, families, couples or solo business traveller. The rest is just to get to 200 characters.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear StuartC74,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for leaving your great review on trip advisor.

I am glad you have enjoyed everything Le Gray had to offer and in particular our staff, who I am certain will be encouraged by your lovely comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray in the near future,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

A very nice high end boutique hotel. Central location in the down town area. I stayed at a junior suite, spacious and very well equipped. The hotel is expensive, but is worth it.

you can walk to shops and restaurants easily. Hign end shopping is just across the street ( Channel, TODS, Gucci.....)

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear S003mka,

Thank you for staying with us in April and for taking the time to share your very nice review on trip advisor.
It gives me great pleasure to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have appreciated our central location in Downtown Beirut.

I look forward to welcoming you to Le Gray should travel takes you back to Beirut in the near future,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Good service and location . The atmosphere is quite pretentious in a fake kind of way . Staff is helpful but snobbish . In a nutshell I like this hotel and I keep coming back but don't expect a warm welcome .

Room Tip: The hotel is very quiet and the rooms are soundproofed . Even if you're a smoker (Which I am ) I...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WMFive
Christophe H, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Wassim5,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent stay in Beirut and for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor.
I am thrilled to see you have enjoyed the hotel’s location and our soundproofed rooms.

I do hope you could contact me directly on my email: Christophehazebrouck@legray.com to further discuss your comments in regards to the general atmosphere you felt during your stay, which falls far from the image of warmth and friendliness we groom our employees to offer.

I look forward to hearing back from you at your own convenience,