“Perfect”
Review of Couqley

Couqley
Ranked #5 of 836 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Description: Couqley is a French bistro located in 'The Alleyway' in Beirut's trendy Gemmayze district and in Blueberry Square in Dbayeh, just off the main highway. Couqley offers traditional bistro meals such as Steak Frites, Duck Confit, Foie Gras, Special Salads - prepared by Executive Chef and Co-Owner Alexis Couquelet. Open for lunch & dinner during the week and for brunch on the weekend, diners can choose from an extensive selection of accessible wines - sold at retail prices and not regular restaurant prices. Couqley's design is inspired by an artisan’s workshop and features a traditional hand-cut mosaic stone floor, marble & zinc bar and a charming outdoor seating area. Couqley is available to host your Special Events.
Beirut
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was invited to your resto for the first time today with family , me and my husband loved the place a lot. Our friends come to your place frequently and insisted that we should try it and we did. Its true your place and your chef are great. I will visit again to introduce your nice place to my friends. Keep it up and good luck

“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was quite disappointed with Couqley Dbayeh branch. The service was slow, many mistakes in the order, food was not very good (cold). Place was too noisy. All in all it was quite disappointing.

• Visited January 2014
Ziad K, Guest Relations Manager at Couqley, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Elie,

Many thanks for your constructive review, we really appreciate it! I would also like to thank you for recently trying our Dbayeh branch.

We sincerely apologize for your below-standard experience - kindly extend our apology to any guests with you. There are no excuses for slipping up on quality and consistency in either branch however from time to time mistakes do happen. Slow service, mistakes in the order and cold food are definitely not up to Couqley standards.

From your review, we can take action to ensure mistakes such as these never happen again. Without honest and constructive feedback from esteemed guests such as yourself we would not be able to continuously improve!

We would appreciate receiving an email or a direct Facebook message from you so we can thank you in person.

Ziad
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Fine french dining, a must while visiting Beirut. Confit de canard and fondant au chocolat are highly recommended!!!

Dbayeh, Lebanon
“Nice resto”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Excellent steak frites. Best in the country
Very good wine. Service is very good and waiters are friendly.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Expect Mistakes - unfortunately they do happen here!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My brother insisted that he invites my dad and I to this great find, a true French Bistro in Beirut! The menu selection was interesting, the atmosphere was nice but the service was ordinary. My starter was very good yet my main dish "a steak with sauce" should have tasted very good but it didn't because it was salty beyond belief. I almost doubted my self and kept eating until i could not bear it anymore. I complained to the waitress who cordially explained: "over heating the sauce could generate this excessive salty taste" Well DUH!!!!! Shouldn't they pay attention to that? I was offered to get a replacement dish but I was already half way through what I had endured and declined. In retrospect, I should have stopped at the first bite. A nice restaurant but my experience ruined it for me and more importantly the person who invited me, my brother!

Dear Louay,

Many thanks for your constructive review, we really appreciate it! I would also like to thank you for recently trying Couqley.

We sincerely apologize for your below-standard experience - kindly extend our apology to your brother and any other guests with you. There is no excuse for slipping up on quality and consistency in either branch however from time to time mistakes do happen. Ordinary service, and a salty meal are definitely not up to Couqley standards. We pride our selves on service excellence and delicious dishes.

Ziad